“Excellent tour of Bucharest”

Slow Tours - Bike Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$285.24*
and up
Green Way to Transylvania - 2 Day Hiking and Culture Private Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The only bike tours designed for enjoying the big shady parks of Bucharest with a focus on Communist Period as they covers also the main monuments of that time. Also going on some quiet old streets for us to see what was here before communism. Duration: from 2h to 4h including a snack break. Limited spots per day.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Lewisville, Texas, United States
“Excellent tour of Bucharest”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was an excellent tour of Bucharest. The ride was pleasant and very easy for anyone that is capable of riding a bicycle. Bucharest is rather flat, so the ride is not strenuous. The guide provides a very interactive and personal interpretation of Bucharest, its parks/monuments, and its history. I personally liked the ride through some of the neighborhoods that demonstrated how the average Romanian lives.

If you visit Bucharest, I highly recommend this tour early in your visit. It gives you a very good lay of the land. You can followup with visits to Museums and sites that caught your eye on the tour.

• Hebrew first
Broadbeach, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bucharest by bike - brilliant”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wonderful afternoon spent exploring Bucharest by bike. Our guide Mihai, who speaks great English, was a wealth of information and genuinely enjoyed sharing his knowledge with us.Tip- if you are using a hire bike, check it before you head off to make sure everything works (including the bell). Thanks Mihai for a great time!

Ithaca, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Introduction to Bucharest, do this first”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The tour uses the public bikes that are available in Herestrau park(tour gets its bikes without waiting in queue). Our tour guide, Mihai, was enthusiastic and spoke perfect English. He had a package of old pictures(and old Magazines) that he would show at the stops. I particularly appreciated his presentation at Revolution Square. I really got a sense of what happened in 1989 that I didn't get from reading about it before. Allow 4.5 to 5 hours for the tour.

The biking is not strenuous. There is one small hill near the end where you might need to get out the saddle to peddle. When we had to travel on streets, I never felt uncomfortable with the traffic.

Ottawa, Canada
“Great way to see the city”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I absolutely loved the tour. The guide and the tour itself surpassed my expectations. The guide was not stiffen by a script and rather told it as he knew it. He was well informed, and had me near to tears when detailing the aspects of the revolution. Some of the most beautiful parts was biking through the streets and viewing the city up close and personal.

Los Angeles, California
“2 wheels > 2 legs”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This bike tour will provide you a great introduction to Bucharest. The cycling is not strenuous at all and at a leisurely pace. There are plenty of stops during the ride, and our guide took his time to provide insightful information at each stop. There is a good balance of riding along different neighborhoods and inside the major parks Bucharest has to offer, all accompanied by an experienced local. I was honestly surprised to see many different sides of Bucharest and wish I had done the tour when I first arrived rather than towards the end of my travels in this city. And since you are on a bicycle, you will definitely cover more ground than you normally would by foot. I highly recommend this tour for those who enjoy riding rather than walking all day when traveling/touring.