Umbrella Hostel
$105
$169
$119
  • Pool
K+K Hotel Elisabeta(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
$81
Orbitz.com
$184
$175
Orbitz.com
Europa Royale Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
$104
$83
$104
$94
$103
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold townprivate roomsuper closecommunal areastrain stationnice kitchenquiet streetother guestsgreat facilitiespiata romanacommon roomgreat place to staybed dormeastern europeminutes walk awaystaff was very friendly and helpfulenjoyed my stay
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at Umbrella for 2 nights on a trip across Romania and highly recommend it. Initially when I enquired about availability, Vali said the hostel was fully booked & recommended another, but a month later he contacted me again to let me know they now had space if I still wanted a room - great service! The guest kitchen and breakfast are great, the shower is amazing and the staff were very friendly. The location, near the French embassy, is central but quiet. I would love to come back to Bucharest and stay at Umbrella again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tara M
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at Umbrella for few days and it was a really cool experience.
The location is in a quiet street pretty much in the center of Bucharest. SO as soon as you come out most cool places are right in your face. So that's convenient! The hostel is clean and cozy, the facilities are new and well maintained. Everyone is very friendly and if you need any info or help with whatever you are in good hands. If you haven't been there yet, I definitely recommend you visit it. I know i will.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angel Y
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were met with a warm welcome by the owners of the hostel. Three members of our group had reserved a room for the wrong day but they worked hard to accommodate us all. The facilities and service are excellent. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wilson102
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Was met with a warm welcome by the owner of the hostel when we arrived. Immediately impressed with the security of the place, the outdoor terrace and the perfect interior design. Have stayed in other hostels in Bucharest and this was by far the best, really good facilities, everything it says in the description. I stayed there with 5 other friends for a weekend - we were given great tips on sights, a walking tour of the city, as well as where to go for the best nightlife. No complaints at all, and the beds are super comfy!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fiona D
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and really liked it!
2 days before we would arrive, we wrote an Email and the communication was rellay fast and friendly.
Things we liked about Umbrella Hostel:
+ Clean rooms
+ friendly stuff
+ the best breakfast with ham, slami, cheese, butter, cereals, toasts, jam etc.
+ clean bathrooms
+ good position
+ large community room

We would recommend this hostel to all backpackers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends