“good busniness hotel”

InterContinental Bucharest
Ranked #5 of 170 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was there invited at a conference ; the hotel is very good located in the center of Bucharest ; high standards concerning the rooms , the restaurants but the conference room is far to be 5 stars !!!! the staff is very friendly and the banqueting departement is has a very professional attitude .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear DUCA A,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience in our. I appreciate the nice words in reference to the conference rooms and the entire attitude of our team.
I look forward for you to come back, spend some more time with us and experience more of the authenticity of the place.

Stefan Frank

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed with a friend in the Interconti in Bucharest in February 2012 for a couple of days, and I've never seen so much snow in a City center in my life!

The hotel is located in a building, built during the 70's and as such is not much to look at from the outside. In fact when we checked in, none of the evelators were working, so we left our bags with the conceirge and went exploring.

The renovation work on the interior is generally good and in line with what you would expect from an international hotel chain.

We were especially fond of the Casino. Membership was free and they serve dinner until quite late.

Would I go back to Bucharest...probably not, but if you are visiting the city, then I would recommend the hotel as it is centrally located, and being one of the tallest buildings, easy to find.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear mattfyfe,

Thank you for your feedback and for recommending our hotel. My satisfaction stays in your pleasant experience you had during your stay in InterContinental Bucharest. I am happy that you appreciate us as a worthy property for an international hotel chain.

I hope you will return to Bucharest and spend some more time with us next time.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have just returned from a brief business trip to Bucharest, Romania. I stayed at the Intercontinental and was not disappointed. I had booked a large room, but was upgraded to a large suite - two rooms, two bathrooms, two balconies!

From my arrival, all the staff I dealt with were helpful, curteous and went out of my way to make it a pleaseant stay. The hotel has many amenities. 2 restaurants, a lively bar, a pool. I was able to make use of the club loung on the 26th floor which afforded not only a great view of the city, but also provided free drinks and substantial snacks. Again, the staff in the club lounge were extremely polite and helpful.

The location was also excellent, being on the Piata Universitate which is in the centre of town, close to the lively old town full of bars and restaurants.

Would I go back? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Go for an upgrade to a club room. Worth the difference in price.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear TimW1,

Thank you very much for writing the review about the time spent with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed our services. It is great that you find the Club InterContinental Lounge experience a worth full one from all aspects.

I hope I will have the chance to welcome you back, also for a vacation trip and count on us to guide you in exploring the city of Bucharest as well.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Of you are planning a trip to Bucharest, stay here. It's central, not too far from the airport (watchout for rip off cabs). Try and get a room near to the top, views are great. The food is good and well priced, drinks are good in the bar, try local. The staff are very friendly and will guide you to some good places. So a good recommendation to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear sdw1960,

Thank you very much for recommending us. Your review is very much appreciated. It gives me a great pleasure to see that the InterContinental Bucharest team was up to your expectations offering you a memorable stay on your last visit. I am glad that you have tried the local food, which I can strongly admit that I myself discovered it very tasty and interesting.

Looking forward to your next arrival in Bucharest.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Best Location, really nice and helpful staff. Rooms are elegant. The balcony embraces the whole city and you can view the giant Chaushesku palace. The minibar may be the cheapest among all other IC hotels in Europe. I tried the casino downstairs the hotel (they give direct membership cars for the hotel customers), but all the games are live. No machine. So, I preferred a more relaxing casino - with slot machines- nearby.

Room Tip: All rooms above 5th floor will have a fantastic city view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear ISIL G,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. It is very nice to see that you have enjoyed our services, the rooms and the fantastic view generously offered by the room balcony.

I hope you will return to Bucharest and have the chance to visit all the cultural attractions, also the People's House if you haven't managed to see it on your last visit. And of course, I am confident you will choose us for guiding you through the city.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

It's a clean hotel with friendly staff in a great location!
It is the most central location of the 5-star hotels
Special thanks to Marius, that was kind, and made us feel special
We thoroughly enjoyed the stay

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeviFamily777

Dear LeviFamily777,

Thank you very much for addressing such a great review to us after your last visit in InterContinental Bucharest. I couldn't be more pleased to read that my colleague and our services made your stay really enjoyable. The hotel, located right in the centre of Bucharest, indeed, offers to the guest the possibility to easily access the Old Town and all the other different attraction.

I hope you will return to the city of Bucharest and choose our hotel as your home for the stay.

My best wishes,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've stayed there twice. Most recently over Christmas! It's a clean hotel with friendly staff in a great location! I particularly wanted to give kudos to there concierge lounge, and the gentleman (Marius), whom was kind, and made us feel at home! He had remembered me from my last visit 1 1/2 months prior. He's a great asset to your hotel, which has great customer service! Look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jody B

Dear Jody B,

Thank you for choosing to spend your Christmas with us this year, I hope it is the first in a long row of holidays in InterContinental Bucharest. I am very glad that our team made your stay an enjoyable one. Many thanks for the compliments addressed to my colleagues, they will be more than happy to hear your feedback.

I also look forward to welcoming you back for the next visit!

Warm regards,