“Nice....but....”

Ranked #9 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
Warsaw
“Nice....but....”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Building on the inside looks better then from outside....Room well equipped with all sorts of stuff, although the condoms in the minibar were a bit too much......Some staff were very friendly (especially front desk), others less.... Pool on the roof must have contained o alot of chemicals, as I got a rash few minutes after leaving it, which has never happened to me before.....

Unclear policy about the internet charges, was asked to confirm that i will pay 16 EUR a day for the connection although it was supposed to be included in my room rate. It was evetually taken off the bill, but untill check out was not sure if that would actually happen.

Good location close to old town, although did not feel very comforatble when walking there in the evening (not the hotel's fault though....)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bart12_Warsaw
mariuscostescu, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Bart12_Warsaw,
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with InterContinental Bucharest. I am very happy that our front desk staff and the rooms rise to your expectations. I have taken note of your comments regarding the pool and the policy regarding internet charges. These are of great importance to us and allow us to continually monitor and improve the quality and services that we offer.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Israel
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A very good SPA on the 22nd floor.
Well furnished rooms. Very clean.
Good view of Bucharest from all sides.
Great breakfast.

Small an old TV in the room.
Disappointing casino. No slot machines. Almost empty on Saturday evening.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
mariuscostescu, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Hotel Bucharest and its services!
I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
I look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Outdated, expensive for the services it offers, very noisy rooms, you can hear traffic all night. Staff very helpful and professional. Internet in room 16 euro per day! I'd expect it for free in a five star hotel. Would not recommend.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Djasta P,

I would like to apologies for the inconveniences caused by the noise and the internet charges, your comments greatly assist us in our efforts to improve the quality of service we deliver to our guests.
Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and I hope I will have the opportunity in welcoming you back to InterContinental Bucharest.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed here for the first time and it surprised me of their level of service beyond my expectation. The room was very nice , comfortable bed. As an ambassador member, i was greeted with a bottle of wine in the room! The club lounge was excellent with great snack and business facilities. Staff was also very helpful for local travel information and tour.

Indoor pool was great, altough the gym is considered too small for this size of hotel.

The hotel is next to subway station-universitate which very convenient and it is very close to historical site. It
iS great for sightseeing and restaurants in the evening.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Sombatbkk
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I negotiated with Intercontinental for an all inclusive rate, with wifi to be included. When I go to the hotel, I realized that High Speed internet was NOT included per the check in clerk and would not even lsten to me and asked If I wanted to go elsewhere at midnight knowing I could not being my first time in Romania. As a businessman, I would never agree to book a hotel unless this service was free. VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, and deceiptful sales reps that work for INterncon, obviously commission based, BEWARE!!! Once upon a time, this was a good hotel name, management values have changed evidently. This hotel is in need of a face lift as it is very dated and old in the rooms.

Room Tip: There are many other great hotels with better service. I paid almost $300 extra for internet while I...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Basil H
mariuscostescu, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with InterContinental Bucharest and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the internet charges. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and I do hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back in InterContinental Bucharest.

Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Even though we were happy overall with our stay, comfy beds, air conditioning, somewhat outdated spa area, we were disappointed with the bell boys and doorman. We arrived by taxi with lots of luggage (3 girls) and there were 2-3 doormans/valets standing at the door. None of them greeted us, nor opened the door, nor offered to helps us with our bags. Shame on them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank alextheicecream
Dear Guest,
I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with Intercontinental Bucharest Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us!
Your comments greatly assist us in our efforts to improve the quality of service we deliver to our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to experience on your check-in time regarding the doorman/ bellboy attitude. I have read your comment and made a thorough investigation of the events that lead to this outcome and I already took action in order to avoid in the future such behavior from our employees.
Once again I would like to apologies for the inconvenience and I hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back in our hotel.

Pisa, Italy
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very impressive house in typical IHG grand-hotel style with lots of marble and wood and spacious room. It is situated in the city centre and has all typical facilities and overall excellent staff.

Standard fitness room and small pool on top floor with nice view over city

A bit disappointing the breakfast staff which were more concerned talking with themselves than waiting to guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Csaba73
Dear Csaba73,
I would like to thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay with InterContinental Bucharest. I am pleased that you found our hotel and staff excellent; we are very proud of our hotel and our high standards for service, cleanliness and quality, however, even though we try every time to exceed our guests’ expectations, it seems that we failed to have outstanding service at breakfast too, for which reason I would like to apologise and assure you that we will take immediate action in order to avoid future outcomes.
Once again, your feedback is important to us and we are looking forward for your next stay with us and prove our high standard service.