Let's start on a positive note: great location, it is right in the centre of the city. The hotel has a nice lobby, the rooms are spacious and clean and they have a balcony with really great views. Being a priority rewards member I also received a voucher for a free drink at the hotel's bar.
And now the not so positive staff:
I open the minibar and I see a little surprise, a blue packet of Durex. Now I noticed some prostitutes around the hotel and let's be fair the hotel can't really help who hangs around its premises. I was also approached by prostitutes but a quick refusal was all it took to be left alone. But when you see the packet of Durex in the hotel's minibar next to the Pringles you start to wonder whether the hotel is in a way pimping for the "locals". Bleah. Although not unique to this hotel, the adult movies are featured prominently as soon as you turn on the TV. The TV is an old TV but it does the job.
Trying to use the gym located on the top floor is such a big pain. You have to register and then put on some disposable slipons before you actually make it to the gym or lockers where you can take these disposable slipons off. Because I was the only registered guest at the hotel I had to go to reception and register my sister so she can use the gym. So more hassles for just simply using the gym. The pool was small but at least it was indoor so you can use it regardless of the weather.
There was a welcoming message in the room from one of the managers, along with some free fruits on a platter and a couple of complementary bottles of water. BUT, the message was for someone else and not for me so obviously there was a mistake on the hotel's behalf.
My room was clean but the bath tub although stylish looking was one of those plastic bath tubs. The internet was also relatively expensive at around 15euro for 24hrs access.
The grass around the hotel's premises was unkept as you can see from my attached photo. This to me is representative of the sloppy management which pays attention to some aspects of the hotel and not to others. Just like they sometimes reply to TA reviews and sometimes they do not.
The staff, some were great and some were somewhat selective in regards to who they helped or called a taxi for or opened the door for.
Anyway, for me personally the presence of the Durex in the minibar was such a turnoff that I would not return to this hotel despite its great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering above the city skyline, InterContinental Bucharest is one of the city's favourite international high-rise hotels, a distinction owed to its ideal location, fine appointments and impeccable service. Experience the Club InterContinental Lounge on the 21st floor of the hotel for a memorable stay in a relaxing, private and elegant setting designed to fulfil the expectations of the business travellers. Immerse yourself in the beautifully designed pool, with panoramic city vistas on the 22nd floor. Dine at Corso Brasserie, offering a contemporary Romanian menu and glass walls overlooking Bucharest. For a fine dining experience, try the Modigliani Pasta e Carne, one of the top Italian restaurants in Bucharest.The Old City Center, the Romanian Athenaeum Concert Hall and Cismigiu Gardens are just a few minutes away from the hotel. You’re also within walking distance of Bucharest’s business and shopping districts. Start your Bucharest's itinerary with the amazing city view from your room balcony! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your InterContinental Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Bucharest Intercontinental