“Wow..”

Grand Hotel Continental
Ranked #17 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in deluxe room two weeks ago.. and i loved every minute! There is something charming about this hotel.. It's very stylish and classy.. and you feel a bit like a royalty staying there.. The room was great, exactly as per picture in the gallery. Bathroom very comfortable, although i was not a big fan of the modern style sink.. Beds very comfortable and hotel staff very helpful. Free wi-fi of course and lovely sweet treat in the evening left on the pillow for Good Night. Breakfast was not included in the room price, which was a bit of disappointment, but you could pay i think 17euros for each day. Spa in the hotel which is lovely.. sadly they were so busy we weren't able to enjoy it this time. Definitely would stay again and of course would recommend! Stayed in business and reception and hall area very good for a short meetings. Great location, as extremely close to the old town and all restaurants and clubs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Danek_6
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful words following your stay with us at Grand Hotel Continental.

I was delighted to read your feedback and glad that we met your expectations in all areas of our service and in the facilities we provide.

I have already passed on your kind words to my entire team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Continental in the very near future.

My best regards,

Sanda Almasan,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in GrandHC for a week for work and was pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel looked. In general the experience was good but there were some minor issues experienced by our large group.

* Didn't like the basin in the room. Too modern and too flat. So basically the water splashes everywhere and it's just not practical.

* Shower was fine but I believe it was missing one extra glass door to stop water getting to the floor. This was a discussion in our group nearly everyday to see who sprayed the most water onto the bathroom floor!!

* Service in the main restaurant was slow.. very slow... We weren't in a rush but 3 courses took nearly 3 hours and at once stage we nearly walked out of the restaurant because we waited 45 minutes for our bill. This happened twice and then we didn't eat at the restaurant again after that.

* Breakfast has room for improvement.

* Watch out for the bar bill. The prices for some harder drinks are extremely expensive.

Good points:-
* In general the staff were friendly and helpful, including the poor guy in the restaurant.

* The room was fine but I was expecting more from a 5 star hotel.

* WIFI was fine, no issues working in the room.

* Great Gym and spa area. There were around 6 or 7 machines/equipment to use so much better than some I've seen from other top hotels. Helpful spa staff too.

* The food in the main restaurant was good even if it did take some time before we got it.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I believe our group did too

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Hotel Continental.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your meals in our restaurant. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better.

I appreciate also your feedback regarding the bathrooms, your comments have been shared with our management team.

I remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back at the Grand Hotel Continental – Bucharest.

Kind regards,

Sanda Almasan,

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I didn't expect this place to be so good, so we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel brings a glamorous luxury to the centre of Bucharest, perfection and class are the name of the game. The staff is polite and competent, the food is great, the rooms are luxurious and the price is more than convenient for a true 5 star, which this place definitely is. Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The staff are excellent. Professional, courteous and arranged a taxi and gave tips on Bucharest.

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms clean and have everything you could need. I would not hesitate to stay here next time I'm in Bucharest.

Only fault is that prior to my visit I asked about taxis from the airport through the website which was unfortunately ignored.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Very convenient location in the center. Amazing combination of traditional and modern design. Very intimate atmosphere due to much smaller size compared to alternative 5 stars hotel nearby.

Some practical details to be corrected though :
- difficult to wash hands in the washball without spreading water around
- not enough room to put own belongings around the washbasin
- only a few basic hangers in the wardrobe, without any clams
- no convenient desk in the room to use a PC

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Wonderfully elegant hotel smack in the centre of town. 5 mins walk to old town and shops. Value is incredible for such elegance. At the price its the only place i could stay in bucharest ever! Only slight quibble is the very modern bathroom which has some clever gadgets which are not very practical such as the crazy flat sink. You just end up with water all over the floor.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is a real Royal treat in the very heart of Bucharest. It has all the features of a Royal Palace with old, well maintained furnishings. Staff is very professional and helpful, especially in the breakfast room. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a beautiful suite, which we liked very much. Staying there is a remarkable experience. The quality of the free Wi-FI is very good and it is not limited to the number of devices.

I'd like to make two recommendations if I may: 1) The hotel will benefit of making some parking arrangements in front of the hotel or with the Novotel across the road; 2) The reception desk is too small for this hotel. It accommodates 2 receptionists max but most of the time it was only one. This leads to backlog of people during the check-out and even during the check-in time.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Nikolai,

Thank you for your very complimentary comments. I am very pleased to hear that you found our hotel a Royal Palace, this historical building with its monumental character was worth all the effort to turn it into a palace. The rooms and the public areas were furnished with antique pieces of furniture and decorations purchased from famous auction houses.

I have passed your kind word to all the team and especially to the breakfast team who are all delighted with such wonderful feedback.

Thank you, too, for the recommendation regarding the parking; at this time we are in the middle of a project which we hope will solve the parking issue. Till then, we can confirm availability of parking spaces under the conditions the request is made at the time of booking.

Your recommendations are most welcomed, this will help us to improve our services.
We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance at any time.

Best regards,