“cosiest hotel I've ever stayed” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
Ranked #11 of 171 Hotels in Bucharest
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“cosiest hotel I've ever stayed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Athénée Palace Hilton Bucharest, as my review's title says, is one of the most cosiest hotels I've ever seen. The feeling that I am home away from home always embraces me since I step into the lobby - which always has a stunning flower arrangement in the middle of it.
The rooms are just perfect. Fluffy duvet and pillows, nice bathrobes and music in the bathroom.An upgrade to the executive floor is a must.

For sure this hotel deserves every one of its five stars and I am looking forward to write about it in my new Bucharest guidebook which will be launched next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Bucharest, General Manager at Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you very much for choosing Athénée Palace Hilton as your home away from home and for writing such a nice review. I am delighted to learn that you had a cozy stay with us.
Positive feedback like yours is a great motivator for the entire team and we take great pride in making our guests to feel taken care of, valued and respected..Thank you also for complimenting our flowers in the lobby, we will share your comments with our florist who take pride in further enhancing our beautiful lobby.
The Athénée Palace Hilton team is looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Linda Griffin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed for 1 day, booked 2 rooms for 3 persons. The services and the personnel were very friendly and doing all they could to make us enjoy the stay (except an intern receptionist who did not understand I already paid the rooms on-line...never mind).

Unfortunately, the hotel looks it start to loose its former glory. As another reviewer pointed out, the carpets start to look worn out (although still clean) and my room had an annoying constant noise during the whole night (AC? bathroom fan? could not discover). Also, the 2 rooms although booked together, were at 3 floor distance (4 and 7)?!?!?

The breakfast in the morning was excellent, but I would say if you care about your money, book another hotel for the same money and a cheaper one with similar standards.

Room Tip: Not on the Calea Victoriei Bulevard, it's busy every hour of day or night
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback here on Tripadvisor! I am happy to read you enjoyed our services, breakfast options and the friendliness of our staff.
We strive to provide a personalized experience for each guest, actively looking for ways to exceed expectations. Having said that, it makes me sad to read we didn’t fully met your expectations this time. Please accept my apologies and rest assured all your comments have been shared with the team. We will certainly take your observations into consideration when we are refining our product to create a better hotel experience for our guests.
We understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you , particularly the disruptive noises in your room, I am sorry we were unable to correct this while you were here. I hope the next time that you are in Bucharest that you will consider staying at our hotel again and you will give us the chance to make it right for you.
I hope welcome you back!

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had the chance of another visit and I have to say this old lady of Bucharest is losing its magic every time I visit - it has gone from a first class gracious luxury hotel to a tired and poorly managed operation with cost cutting to the fore - I stayed on the 5th floor Executive however the sparkle has gone - the rooms are tired the carpets are worn the note paper , envelopes and post cards have long gone and the Executive lounge has lost it's 24/ 7 access to a cold beer - the lady in charge was not in control - when the food and gin ran out it ran out - five children made a quite drink impossible and the same five - with 4 parents made Breakfast the same nightmare - but nothing was done ! Executive lounges should be havens of tranquility and calm - but guests felt they were in a crèche ! Bucharest Hotels can now offer so much more - I will not return and I think Radisson or Intercontinental can offer a whole lot better !

Room Tip: Floor 5 - if you get some peace in the lounge !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Bucharest, General Manager at Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
First and foremost, I wish to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I honestly appreciate your valuable input as we constantly work to improve our guest experience.

I am aware that we are not immune to mistakes. However, it is how we handle the situation that can help leave a positive impression. Having said that, please accept my sincere apology for not offering you the excellent service that you deserve and that we strive to offer to our valued Guests. The lack of supplies like note papers, envelopes or cards is not a common practice and it does not align with the level of excellence we are known for.

I also apologize for the experience with the executive Lounge staff. Usually, guests feel that our team members are genuinely warm and caring and I deeply regret that you didn’t receive this service. As a matter of fact, I have followed up with my team regarding your comments in order that they too are aware of the experience you had.

Once more, I would like to extend our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel during your stay and if ever you plan to come back to Bucharest and you wish to give us the chance to make it better for you, please contact me directly. I will personally take care of making your reservation.

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as part of an Insight Vacation Tour in July 2013. Our room and bathroom were large and looked like what you would expect from an American Hilton hotel. There were two small bottles of water in the room for free, which was nice. We were given free wifi codes and the wifi worked well in our room as well as the lobby. The breakfast buffet was nice with many choices and an attentive staff. It is a 5-10 minute walk from this hotel to the main shopping street (and also to a McDonalds).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lithlith
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to post this fantastic review on Tripadvisor. Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every Guest! I am delighted to read you enjoyed our central location, staff service and breakfast options. Indeed, we take great pride in our up-town position near the attractive shopping, business and historic area.

There are many attractions and events throughout Bucharest I’m sure you’ll love. The hotel is within walking distance of many of the sites our Concierge will be delighted to point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Beautifully located in downtown Bucharest, within walking distance from Old Town, shopping on Victoriei Street and Magheru Blvd, the Athenee Palace Hilton is always a pleasure to return to. I had the opportunity to travel to Bucharest for business on numerous occassions over the past five years, and I pretty convinced that this is the best hotel in the city. From the nicely refurbished rooms, the excellent bed quality, the unbelievable kindness and helpfulness of the staff - very much unique in Europe, especially at Hilton facilities (I stayed in dozens of Hilton properties across Europe), the feeling that you are always returning home when you arrive in the lobby, the Hilton in Bucharest is a wonderful experience. I definitely recommend this hotel, and I am sure nobody will regret staying there during their trip to Bucharest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your comments about Athénée Palace Hilton on Tripadvisor as we take great pride in our beautiful historical building, excellent location and hospitality. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home and I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Excellent hotel, probably one of best in Bucharest. The Palace is an interesting building, very historical. Centrally located with great staff that were very helpful. For so-called "second world" counties, Hilton's offer consistent service and people can be comfortable that the service and cleanliness will meet 5 star standards. The building itself has a rich history dating back to the early 1900's. Bucharest is a touch tourist city - everything is spread out so it isn't like everything is close by. A lengthy walk to Parliament building, but it's all there for visiting. The restuarant is Roberto's, which was average to good. There is a little cafe in the lobby that was, at best, average.

Room Tip: Higher up is probably a little quieter since this hotel is in the city center.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler37485796
Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about our hotel. It is always reassuring to learn that our Guests are happy and satisfied and that our efforts in meeting your expectations and providing the best services are successful. Perhaps on your next visit to Bucharest you will give us the chance to surprise you and your buds with new menu options in our restaurants or with a choice of premium drinks in our very own English Bar.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent accomodation right in the middle of Bucharest. The hotel is a monument of architecture with a great history. Very good services and facilities. All the hotel employees were very polite and doing their jobs very good!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for reviewing us here on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and our services fully met your expectations.
Indeed, the Athénée Palace Hilton has very much been at the center of Bucharest history throughout the last century. If you would like to learn more about our 99-year history, you may want to consider buying a copy of a book available at Reception on your next visit.
Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!