We stayed one night in this hotel after a day of sightseeing in the city and prior to departure the next morning. The staff were helpful and courteous. Our room was nice, with all the standard amenities one would expect of a Hilton. Access to the floors with guest rooms was key-card controlled for security.
We enjoyed the hotel's pool, which was part of its spa area. Use of the pool is free to hotel guests, and it was very nice and refreshing after a hot day of sightseeing.
Breakfast was a buffet with a large variety of items. While coffee service was a bit slower than I would have hoped, I have no other complaints about the breakfast service. One can order made to order items in addition to the buffet.
Internet is an additional charge, as is typical in Hilton hotels, but was priced by the minute so we did not have to buy a block of time simply to check in for our flight.
The concierge arranged a very reasonably-priced & comfortable shuttle for our return to the airport and we were able to bill it to our hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Bucharest from the historic Athenee Palace Hilton Buchrest hotel, built in 1914 and set in the heart of the city. At the Hilton Athenee Palace Bucharest hotel you can enjoy local attractions including the Romanian Athenaeum and the former Royal Palace. Theatres, shops and cafes are all located within walking distance. All Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel rooms have wireless internet access. Upgrade to a Hilton Room Plus or choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy the heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi and well-equipped gym or indulge in a luxurious treatment in the hotel's beauty center. Spend the evening in our onsite casino or dine in one of 3 restaurants. The English Bar offers a large selection of whiskies. Feast on authentic Italian delights in Roberto's restaurant.Just minutes' drive from Henri Coanda Airport, the Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel has 11 meeting rooms for up to 400 guests. The Le Diplomate Ballroom is an UNESCO heritage monument and the setting for international events. Take in magnificent views over the Revolution Square and the Athenaeum from the fifth floor balcony in the Executive Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA and Travelocity so you can book your Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Hilton International Bucharest
- Hilton Bucharest
- Bucharest Hilton