“Luxury hotel”

JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel
Ranked #9 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed two nights on a business trip. Check-in and check-out was a model of efficiency and friendliness. The whole place has an air of grandeur with marble like floors and grand stairways. There is also a casino on site, which I did not use.

Room was spotlessly clean and the bed super comfortable. Nice bathroom, lots of wardrobe space and a safe. View over the parliament building.

The minibar was loaded and unusually for a hotel this grand was totally affordable.

Breakfast on the first floor, included in my room rate was superb, everything you could wish including cold and hot buffets, the staff were also very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation.
I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel, moreover I will make sure to pass your comments to my team.

We hope wo welcome you back in our hotel soon!

Best regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,299)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

That was my business trip, I spent very little time in the room, but I really enjoyed everything in the hotel. Very good breakfast, good location, some brand-shops (was no need for me, but anyway) vip-bar was very pleasant bonus :) I promise to stay at this hotel every time I manage to visit Bucharest =) really advise!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments and I greatly appreciate you added your experience here of Trip Advisor.

Looking forward to having you back at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have stayed for 2 nights at this top brand hotel for a business meeting. Rooms were big, comfy, clean. Breakfast rich and tasty. Housekeeping and restaurant waiters polite and helpful.
Unfortunately the front office personnel did not get to the level required by such a hotel.
As a platinum elite member I have my share of stays with all Marriott brands. I was not greeted at arrival, not welcomed by a front office lady talking to a colleague about some private matters. I had to ask to be helped to check in. Then I was asked a bigger rate that I had on my confirmation. She needed to double check, said I was right but she did not apologize, the explanation being I needed to get my credit card blocked for a larger amount to cover whatever damages I could make. Of course, all incidentals must be covered but damages? At check out, it was a gentleman staffing the front office that let me know I still needed to pay for a bottle of Pepsi from the minibar. I told him I did not use anything from the minibar, not even opening it to check its content. He said bluntly that this is what my tab says. I did not argue, I simply paid. After receiving the bill, I was not told "Good buy", "Have a nice day" or "Please, come again", whatever it is used to be said. Absolutely nothing. For someone not very demanding and used to sleep a lot in hotels it was quite a bitter experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Horatiu D
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the room, restaurants and housekeeping services, however I am sorry that you left our hotel disappointed about your experience at Front Desk. We would be more than happy to discuss with you and to find out more details about your situation at your earliest convenience, should you provide us with an email address or telephone where we could contact you.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and to having you back at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed for one night at this facility. It is a big complex with shops, a couple of restaurants and a casino. Overall, nothing to complain about as service was fine and the rooms were large and clean, but no real character to the place. The location is not great as it is a long walk to the city centre and traffic around the hotel (as in Bucharest in General) was bad. All in all I will probably try to find a place more centrally located on my next trip to the city.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your comments. The feedback you provided will help us assess whether we were meeting your expectations or not. We are happy to see that you have enjoyed the room and the services offered.

With reference to your remark considering the location please allow me to tell you that we regret the inconvenience you have felt, however as a suggestion for your future stays, please be assured that our Concierge team will be more than happy to assist, guide you, to offer any kind of information related to the areas you would like to visit and also to recommend taxi companies (there are totally affordable taxi fares in Bucharest) so that you would have a very pleasant experience.

We are waiting forward to having you as our guest again at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel!

Sincerely yours.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here a week In March 2013, like all the 'brand' hotels in Romania, you will pay through the nose for the privilege of staying there but I certainly wouldn't say it was particularly spectacular.

Rooms were ok, not that big but clean which is good.

Staff were very helpful but overall nothing spectacular to report.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Migelh66
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for the time allocated in sharing with us your impressions. I am sorry that you left our hotel disappointed and please be assured that we take these comments very seriously.

We regret that we did not meet all your expectations related to the room dimension. Our standard room has an average dimension of 36sqm, however, depending on the availability there might be slight differences for the allocated room size. Our pricing is in line with similar properties and we are offering a good value for money, given our location and extensive facilities.

We would like to discuss with you and to find out more details about your situation at your earliest convenience therefore we will be happy if you could provide us an email adress where we could contact you.

Sincerely yours.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The most luxury you will EVER need, in a hotel stay. Literally BETTER than home!

I would have to write a small book to tell you about all the posh amenities, polished marble and creature comforts this establishment offers.

I was able to afford this "resort" on a business trip because of a very advantageous currency exchange rate. I was able to get a suite for $200 per night!!!

If you can afford it, especially if simply because of the exchange rate.....you should treat yourself.

My only complaint is, I was only able to stay 2 nights....and now, my reviews may be skewed the next few stays because it will be hard to measure up to this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank twillis600
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review and for the nice comments. I am glad that we have met your expectations and I want to let you know that I have shared your review with my team.

We appreciate the time spent on this and look forward to seeing you back with us again soon!

Best regards.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Nice clean high end hotel but expensive - it is the JW after all.
- big rooms, clean and friendly staff
- access to the concierge lounge helped
- the breakfast included was great lots of choices etc

- taxi to the airport was 50lei/ron and took about 30 minutes at 4 in the morning
- overall can't complain it's a nice hotel, expensive but if you can afford it it's a good place to stay.
- do watch out they might charge you for internet if it's not included in your rate or if you don't have status.
- ask for a room facing the front of the hotel - decent view

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business