“delightful”

Ranked #5 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
Long Island, New York
“delightful”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were impressed with the huge grand lobby,as we entered JW Marriott in Bucharest. The
front staff were very friendly and professional. Our room was very large, comfortable and decorated beautifully. We had a full size couch, 2 big chairs, coffee table, 2,T.V.s plus a desk and chair. A big bathroom. We had lounge access. It was terrific, breakfast, snacks & evening foods plus desserts, yummy!! The atmosphere through out hotel was very pleasant. The location of hotel was in a very nice area. We enjoyed our two night stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing front fi=or views and high floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I brought a Group of 10 + organised a dinner for 8o at Marriott and und out that their interest in the good customers seems not part of their training. First I was given a false information about my room, which took me one hour of long discussion to get it changed. Then I discovered that I was given a higher rate than that of the corporate I work for and they would not change it under pretext that I signed he rate when I checked in. The only positive experience was he excellent breakfast which was offset by the low quality of the gym equipment and the fact that the gym charged even to give a glass of water. There is a climate of mistrust, and o e has to sign for everything. II advise to refrain going to this hotel under the present management.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel
3 Thank G c
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback related to your stay at our hotel.

I am sorry you left our hotel dissapointed and I will be very grateful if you could give us more information about the check in process in order to be able to investigate the situation.

We hope to welcome you back soon at the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel.

Sincerely yours.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As expected from The Marriott Grand, tasks were completed to standard. From arrival one is greeted by a doorman and directed to the Front desk. I was impressed by professionalism but still caring check-in staff who can multi-task both check-in and answer any questions that I had during my stay in Bucharest. I was checked in by David. While going to the room the elevator only works by using your room key which is good because it keeps unwanted people out of the hotel. In regards to restaurants you have the typical options of any Marriott hotel, Champions restaurant, or an up scale Italian restaurant. Rooms are of good size very clean.

Room Tip: Good with taxis of a rate of 1.39
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel team, thank you for your feedback as we are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you back.

Best regards!
Reading
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Modern contemporary hotel, large comfortable rooms, excellent food. If I were to criticize it would be the abrupt bar closure and abrupt nature of the staff. Exception being the steakhouse which was excellent. Whilst there were designated smoking booths, as with all places in Romania the ever present smell of cigarette smoke is unpleasant.

Room Tip: upper floors for views of the city.
como
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here for one week on a business trip last August and could say that I had fantastic permanence.
The room was big, very clean and comfortable, bed huge. Extra plus for bathroom with both shower and bathtub, and aromatherapy set!! Excellent breakfast with lot of selection. I also founded staff professional, friendly and helpful.

Really the only disappointments were the incredible charge of 200 € on credit card for minibar guarantee, and the cost of wifi. I do understand the fee for minibar although think it’s little bit too much. Would be great if the hotel could revisit the wifi cost. Free wifi can be found almost everywhere and is good point for anyone travelling for biz.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments, we are delighted we met your requirements and you enjoyed your stay with us in Bucharest!

We are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel!
Seaside
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Quick recap - I stayed here for just two nights on a short business trip. Other than a small argument during check in, everything else was fantastic.

Pros -
The executive room I had with lounge access was very big, very clean, very comfortable with a great shower.
The location I think is great, right next to the national parliament, but it was FREEZING when I was there so never really left the hotel.

Cons -
If you arrive early they try to scam you into paying an "early check in fee". Never experienced anything like that at any hotel and travel often on red eye flights, sometimes arriving as early las 7AM to a hotel.

Full review - The check in thing really annoyed me. They wanted to charge me $50 or something for "early check in", to which I said "NO, I will just sit in the lobby until a room is ready". The check in agent got on the phone and seconds later they had a room ready for me. If I were to hold a grudge, that would have soured me on the whole experience. But...luckily I didn't hold a grudge and went up to an enormous executive room that was almost the size of a suite.

The executive lounge though is what really made my stay extraordinary. Breakfast was nice, standard Marriott exec breakfast, but the afternoon "snacks" were a full meal with full open bar including imported beer. I was so grateful for all that because of the weather outside, the lounge allowed me to not have to face the terrible weather.

I don't have any other experience in Bucharest but certainly can highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, very good service.
The lobby is just huge as the hotel is located in a building that was imagined by Ceausescu megalomania. Marriott managed to create a soft and quiet environment which has probably been a real challenge so immense is the place.
Excellent service at reception.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business