“Great experience”

Ranked #5 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
Paris, France
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Very good hotel and very helpful staff. My wife and I had a quarrel with a taxi driver about the bill but we asked the security of the hotel to take care of the situation and they solved. Except rude taxi drivers and chaotic traffic things look fine in Bucharest.

Room Tip: In Bucharest Marriott the rooms are large so it's not worth it to bargain with the desk clerk
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mokele M
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this nice review that will be useful for our TripAdvisor users.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we could help you with the taxi issue.

Looking forward to have you again as a guest in our hotel!

Igael Porecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have been already a few times there and just can say that the hotel deserves a mention as i am a regular business traveller and visit many hotels regularly.

This one is special as you do not expect this in bucharest as the city itself is more cahotic and luxuy does not flower up everywhere. Just at the reception you may feel as inside a kind of palace (or former one). Rooms are great, big, classic style but not old, services complete and staff Well trained and usefull. Breakfast is also over expectations and feel confortable there, space and no pressure with queues,etc.

Is not cheap option but for a business stay at bucharest i can't see better option right now. But is also a great option for non-budget travellers. Well worth to stay even for just one night!

Room Tip: Online booking,membership card
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JordiBo
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a guest at JW Marriott Bucharest while doing business in Bucharest and for sharing with Tripadvisor users your feedback.

I am glad to see that you compared our hotel with a Palace and you found it comfortable and appropriate for your purposes.

I shared your great feedback with our associates and I hope that Tripadvisor members will find it relevant for their further trips to Bucharest.

Looking forward to have you again as a guest in our hotel!

Bucuresti
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Me and my wife were in this hotel for a wedding. Indeed is very nice inside, the hotel is great in my opinion but the food is very very poor, it was terrible, I never eat such a bad food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience and I am very sorry to see that your experience was not at the level of your expectations.

Regarding the food quality, I would like to mention that our suppliers are carefully chosen with the guideline of international standards and our products are daily checked and labelled in order to be fresh and tasty. We regret this situation and I will personally discuss with our Executive Chef and reinforce all the procedures.

I am looking forward to have you again as a guest at the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel!

Paris
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel is very grand and well done and the gym is excellent. The Italian restaurant on the first floor is also very good. It is not as well placed near the historic center of town as the Radisson or the Hilton so it might not be ideal for tourists, but for business travelers, it is very good.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing JW Marriott Bucharest for your visits in Bucharest and for sharing your experience!

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed you stay with us and I will share your feedback to all our employee.

I would like to thank you for your nice feedback and I hope that this review will be helpful for other Trip Advisor members.

I look forward to welcome you on your next visit in our hotel!

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed here for business purposes a few times and found the hotel is a lovely place to base yourself in this city. The reception area is enormous and grand with 2 large sweeping staircases winding their way up to the next floors. The room are lovely, comfortable and clean with beds that ensure a good night's sleep. I have eaten in Champions in the hotel, an American Sports Bar and Restaurant where the food was very good and reasonably priced.
I don't usually have much time here, but would be happy to return with my husband and enjoy the luxurious comfort this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SueWithaView
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to see that you chosen JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel for your previous stay in Bucharest and most of all, that you enjoyed it.

I look forward to welcome you on your next visit in our hotel!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have stayed at the Marriott Bucharest last month on a business trip, and I was sooo disapointed about the service especialy conciere and outside bar, so unfrendly and arrogant staff, the food was ok as well the breakfast, I will never ever go back to this hotel, better stay at the Radisson,

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing JW Marriott Bucharest Grand hotel for your visit in Romania and for taking the time to your comments on Tripadvisor which greatly assist us in improving the quality of our services.

I am very sorry to see that your experience at Concierge and in The Garden wasn't a good one.
I would like to assure you that all our associates are continually trained to constantly demonstrate hospitality and professionalism in all aspects of guest interactions and I have personally already taken action to avoid any discomfort for any of our guests in the future.

We always try to find the best solutions to accommodate all our guests and we always strive to achieve the highest level of service at the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel in order to satisfy all the needs of our guests.

Your comfort is our highest mission and we are doing everything to continue our high level of service and make sure that your experience in JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel is unique.

Thank you for your understanding and I am looking forward in welcoming you back to JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel on your next visit in Bucharest.

Best Regards,

Romania
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed some other times here too, but in June we had our wedding dinner here so we stayed for a couple of days. Except for the front desk activity everything is absolutely excellent. The best service I have ever imagined. They simply don't know the word "no" or "cannot".
The rooms are great. The bed is unbelievable!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mtza3
Dear Guest,

Please let me take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor about JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel!

This is very much appreciated and assists us in our efforts to improve the quality of service provided to our guests.

I shared your feedback with all our staff and I hope that this will be helpful for all Tripadvisor users!

Your comfort is our highest mission and we are doing everything to continue our high level of service and make sure that your experience in JW Marriott is unique.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you need any assistance!

Sincerely Yours!