“Nice Ramada, but far from Bucharest Center”

Ramada Bucharest Parc
Ranked #58 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here before starting a river cruise with Grand Circle Travel. I reserved via Ramada 800 number and paid 81.18 euro including tax. room was nicely appointed. TV had strange control sequence but ok once learned. I did not take the hotel shuttle, but inslead used this taxi service which I reserved online. www.bucharestairporttransfer.com
They charged $15 euro for 1 person. the hotel said they would charge about 20 euro. The taxi service was waiting for me at the info desk and I would recommend that service rather than waiting until you get to the airport.
The hotel. Not close to Downtown or shopping. They said it would cost about 15 lei ? to and from downtwon and the shopping mall. I walked to the Village Museum (Muzeul Satulie Dimitrie) which has old buildings and cost 10 Romanian Lei. I also found a shop at WT Plaza withing about 0.3 km of the hotel. they sold 2.5 litre of coke for 7.5 Lie and a small bottle of whiskey for 17.5 Lie.. Certaintly cheaper than hotel prices.
Other things about the hotel... The door look was touchy someimes took several tries. In my room the bathroom has a strange small but not overpowerin. The staff is VERY FRIENDLY and helpful. Free internet service by the lobby. If you want WIFI, cost if 5 euros a day. Breakfast if free and a very nice buffett.
This is primarily a business location hotel.

Room Tip: I had a 9th floor business class room which was very quiet. You need your room key for the power, b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
DB-Yehuda, General Manager at Ramada Bucharest Parc, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear guest ,

Thank you for your review. It is very kind from you to express your positive opinion about our staff and breakfast on Tripadvisor.
I would like to point out that one of the most popular and biggest shopping mall from Bucharest is very close to the hotel, 5 minutes drive.
We hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

It has a taste of 4 stars, but you will see plenty of 3 and even 2 stars services.
I will start first with positive:
- breakfast: was ok; could have been better (fresh fruits, some cooked meat, not just salami)
- room large enough with decent air cond (indeed kind of noisy)
- reception staff helpful, but improvements would be necessary
- almost all the reception staff spoke Italian and English, some even German: very good
- flat screen TV, tea and coffee compliments
- central location

Now the downsides:
- poor view, even from top floors
- dirty windows
- the bed is pretty hard (maybe healthy for your spine, but not the most comfortable)
- dust on top shelves of the dressing
- internet not free of charge: they could add 2-3 euro to room price and offer free internet - everybody would be happier
- only 1 escalator working, even though the hotel is equipped with 3; in the morning this was a pain the a** and many guests had to use the stairs, even from top floors
- my room was for non-smoking, but you could easily sense a tabaco smell inside
- the door is not very well isolated from the corridor and you can hear any chatting guest passing by

Ramada are famous for being very nice hotels and for sure they could turn this one into a better one with some changes. Cleaning should definitively be a focus point (especially for bathrooms, windows and removing dust from everywhere).

PS They could improve the lamps as well. During the night you won't find very easy to open the light and with all lamps lighting there is not sufficient light.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ov M
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience in our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our front desk staff, room facilities and breakfast. It is our hope to offer our guests a very pleasant stay.

I would like to point out that we had an issue with the elevators but the problem was resolved quickly by the company in charge. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please be aware that we provide different room types where the internet it`s included in the room rate. Our front desk staff will be at your disposal for more information or you can visit our website.

Thank you for bringing in our attention the cleanliness problem. I would like to assure you that cleanliness of our guest rooms is one of our highest priorities. I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff and the problem has been resolved.

We hope to welcoming you again to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Having read some negative comments about this hotel I was a bit concerned prior to arriving but I have to say that my 2 night stay here was excellent. It is a little out of the city but a cheap taxi ride of about UK£3 gets you to the old town in only a few minutes.

Breakfast was perfectly acceptable and the staff were all helpful when approached, and had a good understanding of English.

For the price paid I really cannot fault this hotel. My only warning would be the unlicenced taxis. Twice we had drivers try to demand fares ridiculously high. UK£80 from the city to the hotel which we knew should have been under £5, and similar from the airport. Find your own taxi or get the hotel to call one - if taxis approach you touting for work - don't get in! Don't have bags in the boot of the cab and give near to the right money so if you end up arguing all you lose is your change. We happily argued and then just got out and walked away having given both drivers slightly over the going rate.

Room Tip: Nice views from the upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review posted on TripAdvisor and for your trust in our hotel! We are so glad that you had a pleasant stay! We are thankful for your kind remarks regarding the breakfast and our employees. We will certainly share your acknowledgement with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Over all, I would say it is a good hotel, for short stay or if you are visiting/attending ROMEXPO. Clean & comfortable rooms but it is petty you have to pay 5 Euro/day for internet connection. I was very septic about the breakfast as quite few guests were complaining, but I found it very sufficient with a respectable verity. Difficult to complain when such big breakfast was included in the price.
What I did not like about this hotel, it is away from any commodities, 15 mint walk from Piata Presei Libere and no restaurants around.
The design of the hotel .... yum, there was no design, and the reception hall is quit "unwelcoming". If you are a passing by traveler or for short business trip these issues don't matter or count.

Room Tip: I was lucky to be upgraded to "Business Class", they have a very nice view. If you are in...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2012

There is nothing wrong with this hotel and the service is quite friendly ....but it's a big concrete box without much charm. The rooms are adequate though bed could be more comfortable. The location is a little way out of town.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here a few years ago and just recently. Basic hotel, nothing too special, rooms clean and reasonable for the grade of hotel. Problem with the airconditioning being like the sound of a jet passing overhead so difficult to sleep, had to have windows open and AC off, however then outside noise, but managable. Don't know if this is specific to this room or general problem. Breakfast is OK for the grade of the hotel, but don't expect them to cook eggs freshly for you. I also eat in the restaurant, which was OK but nothing to get excited about, some of the dishes were good, others not so. When I sent the wine back they did not complain. Location is reasonably central so you can get around and if you are doing something with the Expo then convenient.

Room Tip: If you walk out to the big roundabout just to the north you will always find taxis there that will n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Josepherely
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed here on two seperate nights. On both occassions the rooms, staff and facilities were all excellent.

The rooms are not the largest in the world but perfectly adequate with flat screen TV, minibar and wifi acess at 5 euros for 24 hours.

The restaurant serves mainly Romania dishes with some recogniseable international favourites and the meal I had on the first nights stay was very good. On my return a few days later, Wednesday, the only fare on offer was a Romanian buffet accompanied by a free glass of wine and the loudest folk group you have ever heard. I asked to be seated as far away from them as possible and asked for the menu. I was informed that the buffet was the only food on offer that night at 99 lei. Under duress therefore I made my selections. It was OK but the beef lacked sauce as it had dried up and many of the selections were not to my liking. It seemed starnge on a Romania buffet however to include Mexican style vegetables?

I was becoming resigned to my fate when I saw a waiter offer the al a carte menu to another table, something denied to me and a furious customer - me, made it clear to the maitre d and subsequently the restaurant manager that I was not happy. This resulted in a free meal but paymnet for the water and bottle of wine I had consumed. So to some degree a result.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank printer066
DB-Yehuda, General Manager at Ramada Bucharest Parc, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel.
We will repair the issues which you found.
I am happy that our staff from the restaurant took ownership of their mistakes and they did not charge you for the dinner.
We hope to see you again in the future.