“Good Service and lots of space”

Crowne Plaza Bucharest
Ranked #15 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
Munich, Germany
“Good Service and lots of space”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am travelling since years to Romania and Bucharest. Almost everytime I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel which is in my eyes one of the perfect business hotels. You have lots of space in large rooms which usually have a balcony. Moreover, the service is excellent and after work you can enjoy a good gym including a big swimming pool. It is also nice that the hotel has a nice garden where you can relax or have a short walk.
The position of the hotel in the northern part of Bucharest is ideal to quickly reach the airport, the ring road where many important companies are located and also to leave to Ploiesti and Brasov.
In the evenings you have a good choice of food in the restaurant and a nice bar tender called Rasti who will serve you in a very pleasant and comfortable way.
Breakfast is nice and covering all necessary things and even more.
The only minus is that the Internet is not for free, but I hope it will change one day in future.

Room Tip: All rooms are large and nice but especially nice are the club rooms. Ask for a free upgrade at the r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying again at the Crowne Plaza Bucharest and for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. I am happy to hear you enjoying staying with us and that you appreciate the hospitality and friendliness of our staff.
Regarding the internet connection, please be informed that complimentary wireless access is
available to you in our Restaurants and Bar. Further we offer free internet to Priority Club members having Gold and Platinum status.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Franz Rattenstetter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had a night stay during my travel. The rooms are OK, comfortable, at the perfect Crown Plaza standard that you find everywhere in the world. Not doubt about that. The swimming pool is great, good sauna and friendly staff.
I would say that my stay was great from this point of view. The Staff takes care of you while there. It is also good if you are on the way to the airport. They have a shuttle for 10EURO which will get you to the airport within short time.
Why I took off one star? Because of the fact that there was almost nobody in the restaurants. It was Friday to Saturday and I went down-town for dinner. The restaurants were deserted and I do not like to eat in an empty hall.
Otherwise it was a relaxing break during my trip. The Spa is great.
One must take care of the taxi drivers that can charge you a lot if they hear you go to Crowne Plaza. Ask always for the meter to be on. While getting out, like in all the good hotels, the personnel can call you a taxi and they have contract with good taxi companies.

Nice stay! Good place for Bucharest!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza and for taking the time to write
the positive review. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay and I am sure my colleagues and the entire team will feel the same. I hope that next time you visit us you will also try our Restaurant
"La Veranda" to allow us to enchant you with Ashlie's specialities.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel about 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. This weekend I came back and will never go back again. On the arrival I was told there is no free Internet at the lobby which is still advertised on the crowne plaza website and by the agent I booked though. They charge 60 lei for a day. This brought me to a prize for the hotel comparable to 5* star hotels in Bucharest with free Internet!!!Room was clean but very dated. I tried to test swimming pool but the water felt freezing so I rather left it. The hotel was empty so felt a bit strange too. Last bit before leaving, the breakfast. The restaurant area is renovated and looks nice. Breakfast choice overall was satisfactory, however, I was put off by fruit flies around mainly fruit and meat, obviously a sign to avoid!Smoked salmon also look it has seen better days so opted for stuff that was cooked and covered. Overall, I would not stay again, I would not recommend as they are much better places than this. Improvement needed and they really need to offer a good value to a customer or it will stay empty. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Coural
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We were sorry to read that the overall experience of your last visit was not up to your expectations.
Please rest assured that your comments found my immediate attention and have been share with our team in order to take corrective actions where necessary.
Regarding the internet connection, please be informed that we offer complimentary wireless
access in our Bar and Restaurants. Free internet is also offered to guests staying in Clubroom and Suites, as well as Priority Club members having a platinum or gold status.
Hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and prove that we can exceed your expectations on you next stay with us.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I liked the beef mignon very much , it was tender , succulent , with bearnaise sauce was great, the chef had some fresh John dory which was great , the tuna tartare is awesome. the ambience was calming and picturesque ,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your positive review. I was happy to read that your enjoyed the Dinner
in "la Veranda", the quality of food as well as the ambiance in our Restaurant.
Looking forward to your next visit.

Bolu, Turkey
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was my third visit to Bucharest; I stayed at different hotels each time. Crowne plaza was slightly better than others. Clean and wide rooms; breakfast buffet with a wide but not exaggerated selection were positive aspects. There are only few floors, so you do not spend your time with endless waiting for a lift; this was also great.The location is off-center; but there are lots of taxies in the nearby plaza. Green surrounding, clean and quiet neighbourhood and a great serbian restaurant within 5 min walking distance are advantages.
The only negative thing was the hairball of the previous customer resting on the shower wall. This is really disturbing but I think that was my bad chance. Still I advise to cleaning staff to check the room thorougly for not skipping such kind of inconveniences. Last point to mention; the wifi even if offeres free of charge is difficult to operate; our group had to refer several times to the front desk to get a working account.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Bucharest and for taking the time to review us on tripAdvisor. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the green surounding, the quite neighbourhood, the wide and clean rooms as well as the selection of our breakfast. Please rest assured that your comments input with regard to the bathroom and the Wifi connectivity has been shared with our team and corrective actions has been taken.
I do apologyze for any inconvenience this might have caused to you.
We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Bucharest.

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have no hesitation recommending Crowne Plaza Hotel in Bucharest, it's one of the top hotels in Bucharest that actually deliver value to their clients. I stayed there for 1 year and it was a most enjoyable experience. Bedrooms are large and comfortable, breakfast buffet is excellent, and the lounge bar is very tastefully designed. Plenty of parking space available and over all the service is first class. Staff are all very professional and friendly. It's an excellent hotel for business and holiday visits.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Robinson,

thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.
Positive feedback like yours is a great motivation for our team, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to all our guests.
Hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon.

London, UK
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed a number of times over the last two years always on business

Rooms are nice - they always want to upsell you the "package" of internet and breakfast which - face value is a deal

Staff are professionally friendly (not warm)

Best part is the poor - big and empty and the gym is okay (great by Bucharest standards

>Breakfast is very good - very western style. Breakfast does not start until 6:30 or so - not good for early flight

Hotel Shuttle - I suggest to use it from & to the airport. Cost is maybe a bit higher than taxis, but much less life threatening

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us over the past two years and for taking the time to review us on
tripadvisor.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our facilties and the service provided by our friendly staff. Regarding the breakfast I would like to mentioned that
breakfast is available from room service in the aerly morning before the full buffet is set up
at 6.30 in the Brasserie.
We hope you will visit us again in the near future.