“Off center, but convenient”

Crowne Plaza Bucharest
Ranked #18 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was my third visit to Bucharest; I stayed at different hotels each time. Crowne plaza was slightly better than others. Clean and wide rooms; breakfast buffet with a wide but not exaggerated selection were positive aspects. There are only few floors, so you do not spend your time with endless waiting for a lift; this was also great.The location is off-center; but there are lots of taxies in the nearby plaza. Green surrounding, clean and quiet neighbourhood and a great serbian restaurant within 5 min walking distance are advantages.
The only negative thing was the hairball of the previous customer resting on the shower wall. This is really disturbing but I think that was my bad chance. Still I advise to cleaning staff to check the room thorougly for not skipping such kind of inconveniences. Last point to mention; the wifi even if offeres free of charge is difficult to operate; our group had to refer several times to the front desk to get a working account.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Bucharest and for taking the time to review us on tripAdvisor. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the green surounding, the quite neighbourhood, the wide and clean rooms as well as the selection of our breakfast. Please rest assured that your comments input with regard to the bathroom and the Wifi connectivity has been shared with our team and corrective actions has been taken.
I do apologyze for any inconvenience this might have caused to you.
We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Bucharest.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have no hesitation recommending Crowne Plaza Hotel in Bucharest, it's one of the top hotels in Bucharest that actually deliver value to their clients. I stayed there for 1 year and it was a most enjoyable experience. Bedrooms are large and comfortable, breakfast buffet is excellent, and the lounge bar is very tastefully designed. Plenty of parking space available and over all the service is first class. Staff are all very professional and friendly. It's an excellent hotel for business and holiday visits.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Robinson,

thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.
Positive feedback like yours is a great motivation for our team, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to all our guests.
Hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed a number of times over the last two years always on business

Rooms are nice - they always want to upsell you the "package" of internet and breakfast which - face value is a deal

Staff are professionally friendly (not warm)

Best part is the poor - big and empty and the gym is okay (great by Bucharest standards

>Breakfast is very good - very western style. Breakfast does not start until 6:30 or so - not good for early flight

Hotel Shuttle - I suggest to use it from & to the airport. Cost is maybe a bit higher than taxis, but much less life threatening

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us over the past two years and for taking the time to review us on
tripadvisor.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our facilties and the service provided by our friendly staff. Regarding the breakfast I would like to mentioned that
breakfast is available from room service in the aerly morning before the full buffet is set up
at 6.30 in the Brasserie.
We hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The last two months I've stayed here twice and both times it was a pleasant expierence.
The staff is polite and friendly, the rooms are comfortable, although not the most modern, they come with iron and ironbord, press for clothing, kettle, hair dryer, but most important a very comfortable bed to sleep in.
Also both the breakfast and roomservice are great.
Location is good with a nice park and a few restaurants within walking distance. It's a 4.5km walk to the old city centre. And if you don't feel like that, take a taxi, they are really cheap, just make sure the meter is on.

• Stayed: June 2013
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear guest,

tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated
our facilities, the location and the friendly staff. Positive feedback like yours is a great motivation
for our team, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to our guests.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's a perfect hotel with all the services you need for a business trip! the breakfast is very good. The staff quite polite, the location: not so far from the airport. The suite room are perfect. beds are very confortables BUT at 200€/night there are no free wi-fi. It is a pity! I've never seen that before....For the same price at Blue Radisson in the center of Bucharest the Wifi is free. How can they justify such a selfish situation????

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,
thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Bucharest and for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read that you rated us as "a perfect Hotel with all the services one need for a business trip" with polite staff, very good breakfast and good location not far from the airport.
Regarding the internet and wi-fi connection, please be informed that complimentary wireless access is available to our guests in the Bar, Restaurant and Public areas. In the guest rooms we offer free Wi-fi for Priority Club Platinum and Gold Card members and also for guests staying in Clubrooms and Suites. I hope I was able to clarify your concern.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very nice. close to Airport. seven minute taxi ride into center of town. Staff was friendly
food was excellent. Rooms were good and clean. Nice bar and wine selection was great.
i was surprised to find sushi meal to be great was recommended by my friends, and i was not disappointed.
This hotel was a good start off point after a long airplane trip. We were on our way to Vlad's Castle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear guest,
thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the friendliness of our staff, the Bar, the Restaurant and the cleanliness of the rooms.
I hope you had a pleasant journey through Romania and enjoyed the historical sites.
Looking forward to welcome you back to Bucharest once again, I remain

with kind regards

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 weeks!!! It is not very modern, but I have to say that for me was ok. The rooms are not beautiful, but I had good night rest there. The gym is small but well assorted, it has all the main thing you'll look in a gym. They also have an inside pool, I forgot by swimming suit, but at least looked ok. Personnel in general provide good service. At the morning buffet I asked the first week lactose free milk, and second week onwards they just saw me and brought it without me asking, and for me this is excellent service.

La Veranda restaurant is very good, menu well assorted, and good price. Something I likes is that while I was there the hotel organized a Thai cooking lesson, and brought a Thai Chef directly form Thailand. This event as very well organized, a lot of people attended at La Veranda for the class, and they had microphones and TVs so those on the back could appreciated what was being taught.
We tried all the dishes the chef showed us how to prepare. It was a nice evening.

In terms of daily rates, I wouldn't know as it was organized by the company directly, but I liked it. I have to travel a lot for work, and even though this is not the most beautiful hotel there is, I had a great time, I felt as an appreciated customer, I felt comfortable. For me, that was enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Bucharest and for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our facilities, the hospitality and the good service of our friendly staff. I am also pleased to learn that you stay with us was during the Thai food festival which turned out quite successful also amongst the local community. Maybe you will have the chance during your next visit to try one of the indian dishes created by our Exec.Chef Ashlie from India.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.