“X Hostel, Best Hostel”
Review of X Hostel Bucharest

X Hostel Bucharest
Ranked #13 of 151 Specialty Lodging in Bucharest
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Loved my stay at X Hostel. Came for two nights, stayed ... a long long time. There are a lot of things that make it a great spot: a mix of dorms by size and type as well as more hotel/airbnb type private rooms, friendly staff willing to go above and beyond (order pizzas, translate directions for... the tailor fixing my pants, take you out and show you the town), and... it must be highlighted: 24 hour bar. The location is easy to reach on the subway from the train station and is a very quick (and safe!) walk from the old town, which is chock full of great bars/clubs/restos. Highly recommended and will definitely go to other X Hostels!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 25, 2014

A buddy and I left Barcelona for Bucharest. We landed in a blizzard. Snow covered everything. A bitter cold unlike anything we experienced in sunny Spain tore at our necks. Our plane couldn't reach the terminal due to ice. This was quite a beginning.

After this frostbitten landing in an unknown land, alcohol was needed to rekindle the fire within. We stumbled, numb, into the 24 hour bar beneath X Hostel. At that moment I didn't realize how many memories would be created, stories lived, friends made within the walls of this holy site reverently referred to as "X."

An English dart champion threw darts at the board with my friend standing between them, without killing him. A Belgian girl witnessed this feat and decided to try the brave act herself--she wasn't as lucky as it turns out the English guy had never actually played darts before. Oops.

I do not know how many times the lovely bartenders would bend my head back as they sadistically sprayed wine through a syringe into my open mouth. Drowning never felt so good.

Who can forget all the games of beer pong, flip cup, kings, and drunken giant jenga that were played among the plush couches at the bar?

Then there are the people. Whether its guests or employees or volunteers, all have a story to tell and love to get wasted. Some even get naked. The details are hazy.

I have witnessed the dedicated guests of X being branded with X's on their sides, back, and for one guy--his bare white (tripadvisor does not allow "profanity").

The birthday parties celebrated here generally result in loud music and half naked people dancing on the bar singing their hearts out.

We all decided to dress in costumes one night and half of us wore togas.

All of these moments are also juxtaposed against the more peaceful times. Two Italians locked in a chess battle. The stillness surrounding everyone in the central patio as they try to remember the previous night over cigarettes. The "family" dinners shared by dozens.

I have stayed here long term for about two months--because it is nearly impossible to leave. This is a party hostel, with the friendliest, most fun staff members. The place itself is very well kept and clean. It is located within a few minutes of the city center and corresponding metro service. The sauna is awesome. The drinks are inexpensive. The experience is yours to have.

BOOK X HOSTEL NOW.

(p.s. to the owner Daniele: you have an amazing sense for what hostels are all about. THANK YOU--Mike E.)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike E
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Best hostel I have ever stayed in, great staff and great fun. Only place I would ever stay in Bucharest. The staff are extremely friendly and great fun. The beds are comfortable and bathrooms are clean. Location is great very short wall to old town and all the other attractions

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been in Bucharest for a while, as I have been organisng my swiss passport. I wouldn't like to guess how much time I've spent drinking at the X Hostel bar, as I probably could have done something constructive with that time, not that I'm complaining. I would like to thank Kat, Charlotte, Flavia, Sarina, Ian, Bailey Mahlae, Oana and Daniele are all legeds, thanks guy HOSTEL LIFE.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2014

tucked away on s quiet street about 5 minutes from the old town this hostel offers the budget traveller all he or she could want a friendly and helpful staff 24 hr bar clean and spacious rooms I can not fault this place and would be happy to return

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just returned from another great stay at X Hostel! This visit was even better than the first. With a convenient location to all of the Old City, and a pub downstairs, you can't beat it! The staff was helpful and friendly, even organizing amazing pub crawls! The wifi is terrific, while the atmosphere can't be beat. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I'm already looking forward to another trip to Bucharest!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had high expectations for X Hostel after recommendations/reviews and they completely delivered in all aspects. The hostel was clean, cheap and a lot of fun. The staff were really helpful and answered all questions I asked, the pub is cheap and it has a great social atmosphere! Marcus and Pedro showed the other guests and me a great time in Old Town night life, will definitely stay there again if ever in Bucharest!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo