“A clean, decent hostel”
Review of X Hostel Bucharest

X Hostel Bucharest
Ranked #12 of 158 Specialty Lodging in Bucharest
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed in a single ensuite room of X Hostel for 2 nights. By looking at the photos on its website, I had some doubts about the hostel whether it could be a party house where lots of teenagers shouting, singing etc. But my room is in a separate building and it was quite silent. Room was more comfortable and cleaner than I could expect from a hostel, including clean towels and linen. It was like a 2 star room. Bathroom was clean and there was hot water 7/24, but toilet sink was a bit small. There was free wi-fi in the rooms and free computers at the lounge of the hostel. Staff was helpful and sympathetic. X Hostel is very near to Piata Unirii which is one of the central points in Bucharest so it makes it easy to sightsee. No breakfast was available but there were lots of places to eat around the hostel. It is a good hostel for single mature travelers like me as well as small groups.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent location away from the noisy heart of the city but close enough to feel it beating. As part of an extensive football tour around Bulgaria and Romania, the four days we spent at X Hostel were considered the best by all seventeen of the lads, not least down to the wonderful hospitality of the staff and the comfortable rooms we occupied. There was always something to do within the hostel and suggestions for places to visit. The nights out organised by the staff will be remembered by all, with the exception of those who can't remember, which is probably the aforementioned "all". All in all, a wonderful place to stay and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Good location, staff 24/7 and the rooms are very nice!! Also good common area for socialising. Events are also planned every night!
Also thanks to the cleaning staff who handed in my laptop which I left in the locker accidentally!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked 50 places in X hostel and payed in advance. When we came, they said, they were waiting our group next day. They tried to correct the mistake and found some places in other hostels, thanks. But I had to wait about 2 hours. The weather was very hot, but the girl at the reception didn't suggest me even a glass of cold water.
They didn't offer any compensation.

In 12 bed room (number 3) there were a lot of bed bugs. Yuck!!

Room Tip: twin room and single one are good enough
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GiedreKul
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there a couple nights Was amazing. I left and then Came back to Bucharest was going to stay with a friend, but decided to stay at X Hostel again. Made come great friends and still chat with them half a year later. I will go back and stay again, and recommend them to everyone. Best place and friendliest people.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a fun, clean and cool hostel.

I only had one consistent problem. There is a rotund young girl who "works" the front desk. When I checked out I placed my room key (electronic card) on the front desk. I said "okay here's my card".

She said nothing, she didn't ask me what room I was in she just stood there. So I leave and due to a mishap at the airport I end up coming back to X Hostel. When I check back in I was asked for a key deposit (which I paid the first time and forgot to ask for it back). I explained that I never got my first deposit back. I was later told that this rotund girl claims she gave it back to me - Not true!

That last day I spent the day in the bar area making travel arrangements on their WIFI. During this time I ordered a couple of Americana Cafe's and was charged 12 Lei (Romanian currency).

My last cup of Joe was from the very friendly Flavna (Spelling?) and learned that the price is actually 8 Lei. The hostel was very fun but this one bad seed will keep me from returning.

Room Tip: You can get a truly private room here with a double bed and big bathroom!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Location was great, rooms and showers nice and clean. Great and cheap bar/chillout area for meeting other travellers, really friendly crowd staying here too. There were good activities on but as with all service in Romania staff weren't the most pro active, you need to ask them what's going on. Great location 5minutes walk from the old town. Just a very relaxed, nice place to stay in a chaotic city!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends