“Charming atmosphere”

Cuisines: Romanian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you want to enjoy Romanian food, this is the best place. Starting with the rooms, decorated in an interbelic way, continuing with service, which is very professional, the food is extremely tasty, and the desserts exquisite, thanks to the chef patissier, trained in France. If you arrrive there by night, there is a singer with a special voice, completing the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

An elegant villa from the 19th century houses one of the best Romanian restaurants in Bucharest. The original menu, containing dishes you couldn't find anywhere else in Bucharest, surprises with a variety of starters, soups and main dishes cooked in the 19th century.
The food is very tasty, excellent seasoned with herbs and condiments. The serving is polite and helpful.
A variety of wines and beers accompanies the dishes.
The music is not the loud folkish one you usually are martyred with in other so called Romanian restaurants, but the slow blues sung by great artists during the first half of the 20th century.
The prices are not low, but appropriate for the quality served.
If you would like to enjoy genuine Romanian food, go to Zexe.

1  Thank yvica
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant, for a nice dinner with friends. I didn ' t expect the pleasant surprise which was about to come: an extremely nice decorated restaurant, fabolous romanian traditional food, state of the art service, good and not-too-loud music. We wanted to just have a quick dinner and we ended up staying there for three hours. Prices: decent for Bucharest.
I'll take my family for a dinner in this restaurant!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

the restaurant has traditional Romanian food cooked by Romanian higher classes.

The food is wonderful, some of them are unique in Bucharest. The service is very good, careful but not overwhelming.

The menu offers good selection of food for vegetarians, too.

the decrations are great, old fashioned, beautiful furniture.
there is a small parking, but watch out for your belongimgs as that is not the safest place in Bucharest.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We went here for dinner at the recommendation of the hotel christina. The hotel called ahead unknown to us to reserve a table. When we walked in we were greeted like royalty. I have never felt so important in a restaurant. Not only did we have a waiter, but the host (i believe his name was Jon) was also fulfilling our needs and making recommendations.

I would highly recommend the trout eggs in sour cream. I know most people are thinking ewww, but it was one of the best things ive ever tasted! I would also recommend the chorba de buta, a staple in romanian cuisine. Definitly get desserts! We were also given blueberry brandy after dinner which was amazing with my chocolate mousse.

This restaurant was a nice atmosphere with a come as you are dress code. The best part is we payed very little for a 5 star meal and 5 star service!

I was very impressed!