Review Highlights
Great experience!

Traveler835577
Great time

We were a big group in our 30's. Had a really good time and good vibes with Mircea and the... read more

Galy N
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting bike tour great cycling horse drawn self guided excellent trip great guide vineyards falls monasteries scenery bikes country beauty romania knowledge cyclists
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a wonderful time following Mircea, and i enjoyed listening to his explainations about the area, wineries, and folklore.
highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were a big group in our 30's.
Had a really good time and good vibes with Mircea and the wineries.
Defenatley reccomend this tour... Be ready for ride back, drunk, with a big smile on your face and wind on your hair:)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was a graet experience!!!
We visit adrian the craftsman in his beautiful yard where his workshop, drink wine and eat really tasty Romanian snacks, visiting the rotenberg winery where they make excellent wine in the traditional way, eat good cheeses and the way was amazing to raid!!! And mircea was really nice!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

I attended the 2 outings organized in August 2018 and the experience was wonderful. I would reccomend them anytime.
Looking forward for the next outing!

Reviewed May 19, 2018

Went for a cycling trip together with my family, kid and friends. The host knows the viticultural region very well and they took us to visit vineyards with wine tasting and everything. Went also to the local barrel builder who told and showed us how the traditional barrels are made. Made a wine tasting at his place as well and served some delicious cheese with bacon and fresh garden onion.

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

I contacted Cycling Romania with a simple question about a trip I intend to do in may this year (cycling from Cluj to my hometown in Sweden). I got a lot of answer and suggestions on different ways to make my trip the best possible. I'm more than satisfied with the information. Way more then expected.
Highly recommend Cycling Romania if you're thinking about a trip there.

1  Thank mats d
Mircea_Crisbasanu, Manager at Cycling Romania, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Thank you Mats for contacting us. We are looking forward to following your European cycling adventure that starts in Romania :)

Reviewed December 14, 2017

This was our first cycling visit to Romania and we did this trip without a guide. We received all the information that we needed when we arrived in Sighisoara.
All seven days of bike riding was laid out for us by Mircea Crisbasanu and all the maps were downloaded to our phones. Everything went perfect and we found the place to stay overnight with no problems.
We enjoyed to ride our bikes through all the small villages and all the people we met were very helpful. Everybody we met were so enthusiastic about their life. New small businesses starting up by young people, everybody busy maintaining some of the old buildings. One was starting a carpenter shop because their village did not have a carpenter, one was preparing to open a tea shop, one had a guest house where she served home made food (oh yes Romanian food is very good and so is their wine) and one had built his own horse farm.
To meet all these fantastic people really made us feel that there is hope for us humans.
If you like bike riding and meeting enthusiastic people write Mircea Crisbasanu and book the Transylvania trip,

Mircea_Crisbasanu, Manager at Cycling Romania, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Thank you so much, Helge and Ase for visiting Romania on the bike. We learn so much from every traveler who discovers our country. We believe cycling is the best way to do so and we appreciate a lot sending us lovely photos from beautiful moments you had when meeting warm and friendly hosts.

As requested, we will set up for you another special self guided cycling adventure for next year. Stay close! :)

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Some friends and I joined the 6 day Wine Hills of Dealu Mare cycling tour in early September. I greatly enjoyed the comraderie of the tour group as well as the beautiful countryside, the food, the wine tastings and the cultural experiences Mircea had arranged. It was a privilege to be able to ride through small rural towns and villages learning about the Romanian way of life. Mircea and Alina looked after us very well and were always happy to answer our questions. I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank TonyM-travel
Reviewed September 24, 2017

I have been taking tours with Cycling Romania since 2011 and all of them have been great. This September I took a cycling tour in Maramures and was fantastic! The tour started in the charming village of Breb where we stayed with friendly locals who prepared delicious homemade food for us. Mircea prepared a very interesting six day tour. The scenery was magnificent, great rides and the opportunity to interact with locals as well as visiting cultural sites such as wooden churches, monasteries, the Merry Cemetery in Sapanta and the Memorial of the Victims of the Comunism and Resistance. I highly recommend taking tours with Mircea to explore the beauty of the country.

Mircea_Crisbasanu, Manager at Cycling Romania, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Ana Maria, it was great to join our tour and we enjoyed a lot your company, as usual. We look forward to discovering together many other Romanian beautiful regions.

Warm hugs,
Mircea

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Until now I had never been on an organised cycle trip before...
This was just a great cycling trip: well organised by Mircea Crisbasanu, planned routes and ad-hoc amendments to the routes, great support from Marius Stratila. I had two flat tires on the same day (!!), but this just seemed like a minor inconvenience to Marius who dealt with the first one on a slope in heavy rain so efficiently (sooo grateful).
The scenery in Maramures is unbelievably beautiful, every time you turn a corner there are new surprises to be enjoyed. And we were very lucky with the weather which helps.
Ellen Mozley - Hungary