Review Highlights
Deal Mare cycling and wine tasting

Amazing tour of two days in Urlati/Dealu Mare region, 1h from Bucharest. Very authentic feeling... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
irinaalexandraelena
Bucharest, Romania
via mobile
Wine tasting tour Dealu Mare area.

Great experience, even in interesting times. ;) Good wine, great sightseeing, local food. Outdoor... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
811emilianc

All reviews wine tasting bike tour off road wineries saxon mare scenery bikes country rode romania homes leader
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Cycling through the Ploiesti and Urlati regions with Mircea was an awesome experience. You find yourself at very close quarters with real Romanian country life and as you cycle along you can observe people going on about their daily business. Mircea is an excellent guide. He even offered to pick me up from the next station along as I had missed the station I was supposed to get off at. Very knowledgeable about the local area and provides a great historical account especially of the 3 monasteries we stopped off at. We even stopped off at some wells and had the opportunity to have some cold natural spring water. The weather was great the ride was challenging but made it all the more rewarding when you got up into the hills. This whole experience was capped off with a delightful lunch with a local priest and his lovely family as all of shared our various stories.

Amazing experience, brilliant guide - would recommend it to anyone.

Date of experience: March 2012
2  Thank J4DYD
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I joined Mircea for a 5-day-long tour of Macin/Dobrogea region. We had already an adventurous journey from Prague to Bucurest and then to Braila but we felt safe and had completely no problems on the trains. On the spot, Mircea turned out to be a guy for everything - a good guide, driver, companion, cook or translater! Mircea took care of completely everything and always had the right things on him (from sun cream to müsli bars :)) which we really appreciated. At the very beginning, we took a map and discussed possible routes. The Macin region offers a lot of sights and points of interest (which we included in the tours), so we decided for a different terrain and difficulty of the roads every day which made the whole trip even more variable. We had perfect weather, all the time 30 degrees, no rain. September was also a great time for the wine, it was all over, just ready to eat! All in all, we spent an amazing week in Romania - we met nice and friendly people, ate great local food and saw very nice unspoilt nature! Mircea is very reliable and makes a tailor-made tour for his cycling group. I would recommend CyclingRomania to nature-lovers, people who like active holiday, like to explore new things, are open-minded and are tired of the traditional holiday they used to do every year somewhere in Spain or Italy. We definitely plan to come again next year so maybe see you there! :)

Date of experience: September 2011
2  Thank Petra K
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The biking tripes were great: beautiful locations, different tours, Mircea was adjusting the tours to our pace and physical condition. The weather in september was perfect for the biking trips(i.e. still sunny and warm, I would say that june, july and august could be even too warm for such trips).
I would like to be back and joint cycling Romania next years, possibly combiing it with hiking!

Date of experience: September 2011
1  Thank paulla12
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I joined the tour of Ploiesti and the Kantakuzino Palace. It was really very nice with a large group and i had a lot of fun.

Date of experience: July 2011
1  Thank mustafaakdogan
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Firstly, just one word to describe my experience with Cycling Romania: exceptional! It was in the middle of the week when I received the email from CR, inviting me to go on a trip to the Macin area, in Dobrogea. It had been a tough week and the one to follow did not look any better. The enthusiasm and involvement with which Mircea Crisbasan presented me the schedule for the trip made me decide to go for it, regardless all the fatigue. It turned out to be the right decision and I am planning to repeat the experience as soon as possible. I am sure I will experience again a perfect weekend with beautiful landscapes and glorious nature, tasty traditional food, a guide that knows lots of information about the places, pleasant paths to ride and, in the evening, joyful companions. I strongly recommend Cycling Romania for the authentic trips it organizes and for Mircea's dedication to make each experience a beautiful memory.

Date of experience: July 2011