Review Highlights
Great experience!

I had a wonderful time following Mircea, and i enjoyed listening to his explainations about the... read more

Reviewed October 22, 2018
Traveler835577
Great time

We were a big group in our 30's. Had a really good time and good vibes with Mircea and the... read more

Reviewed October 20, 2018
Galy N
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting great cycling bike tour horse drawn self guided excellent trip great guide wineries winery falls monasteries scenery bikes mare country romania alina
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I’ve been on a tour with Cycling Romania in the Prahova area. I can really say that it was a trip back in time, when I was careless and spent a lot of time in the nature. This is the feeling that remained at the end of the day, a really great tour which managed to bring up a really happy child. We picked raspberry, ate in the garden, covered a lot of ground. Mircea was great, he added a personal touch by making lunch for us all at his grandparents’ house. I felt home, among friends. I would definitely go back again as soon as I find the time :)

2  Thank AdaSirbu
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I had the chance to discover with Mircea the beauty of unknown places in Romania, like Dobrogea - where one can explore various areas from the rocky mountains to the golden plains, and from from the dry steppe to the Danube river in only couple of hours. The time slowed down and I rediscovered the joy of simple things, like feeling the heat from the ground, the scent of the wheat crops and the wind playing with your hair. You may call it freedom or just the joy of feeling like a child again.

1  Thank Simyd
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I've been twice on a Cycling Romania tour. First Prahova, than Macin (Dobrogea area). It was fun and relaxing at the same time. I got to meet really nice people, to see some breathtaking places, to experience new sensations (like biking on a road with weeping willows) and most of all, to disconnect from the stressful city life.

I greatly appreciate the fact that Mircea, who runs Cycling Romania, takes care of everything for you: bike rental and transportation on site (if necessary), accommodation (in cosy, friendly places), local flavored meals (I ate the best salty cheesecake ever, in Dobrogea), entertainment (visiting cultural and historic sites, wine seller) etc.

So, I will definitely repeat the experience and I recommend Cycling Romania to anybody that wants to 'taste' the deep country side.

2  Thank FlaviaP
Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was a beatiful trip, with beautiful landscapes!! And all the group enjoyed even if they didn't know each other very well:)

1  Thank Andreea77Bucharest
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My second trip with Mircea involvced cycling through some incredible forests and plains in Prahova county, which is about one hour north of Bucharest. It's slowly paced and ideal for non-fanatic cyclists. If you're in Bucharest this is the best way to spend your weekend.

1  Thank wolfemurray