Review Highlights
Deal Mare cycling and wine tasting

Amazing tour of two days in Urlati/Dealu Mare region, 1h from Bucharest. Very authentic feeling... read more

Reviewed July 14, 2020
irinaalexandraelena
Bucharest, Romania
via mobile
Wine tasting tour Dealu Mare area.

Great experience, even in interesting times. ;) Good wine, great sightseeing, local food. Outdoor... read more

Reviewed July 14, 2020
811emilianc

All reviews wine tasting bike tour off road wineries saxon mare scenery bikes country rode romania homes leader
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I’ve been on a tour with Cycling Romania in the Prahova area. I can really say that it was a trip back in time, when I was careless and spent a lot of time in the nature. This is the feeling that remained at the end of the day, a really great tour which managed to bring up a really happy child. We picked raspberry, ate in the garden, covered a lot of ground. Mircea was great, he added a personal touch by making lunch for us all at his grandparents’ house. I felt home, among friends. I would definitely go back again as soon as I find the time :)

2  Thank AdaSirbu
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I had the chance to discover with Mircea the beauty of unknown places in Romania, like Dobrogea - where one can explore various areas from the rocky mountains to the golden plains, and from from the dry steppe to the Danube river in only couple of hours. The time slowed down and I rediscovered the joy of simple things, like feeling the heat from the ground, the scent of the wheat crops and the wind playing with your hair. You may call it freedom or just the joy of feeling like a child again.

1  Thank Simyd
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I've been twice on a Cycling Romania tour. First Prahova, than Macin (Dobrogea area). It was fun and relaxing at the same time. I got to meet really nice people, to see some breathtaking places, to experience new sensations (like biking on a road with weeping willows) and most of all, to disconnect from the stressful city life.

I greatly appreciate the fact that Mircea, who runs Cycling Romania, takes care of everything for you: bike rental and transportation on site (if necessary), accommodation (in cosy, friendly places), local flavored meals (I ate the best salty cheesecake ever, in Dobrogea), entertainment (visiting cultural and historic sites, wine seller) etc.

So, I will definitely repeat the experience and I recommend Cycling Romania to anybody that wants to 'taste' the deep country side.

2  Thank FlaviaP
Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was a beatiful trip, with beautiful landscapes!! And all the group enjoyed even if they didn't know each other very well:)

1  Thank Andreea O
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My second trip with Mircea involvced cycling through some incredible forests and plains in Prahova county, which is about one hour north of Bucharest. It's slowly paced and ideal for non-fanatic cyclists. If you're in Bucharest this is the best way to spend your weekend.

Date of experience: June 2011