“Simply Excellent!!!”

RIN Central Hotel Bucharest
Ranked #52 of 170 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here as part of a 4 night twin room KGB deal that I got - it worked out to about 21 pounds per person per night, and it included daily dinners (with a glass of wine), breakfasts and a bottle of wine and a massage in the spa.

I had emailed Gina several times back and forth prior to our stay here and was very grateful that the hotel allowed us to split our stay into two nights each - so that we could go to Transylvania and come back and then head easily to Bulgaria.

I was absolutely pleased with this stay. The room was nice and clean and comfortable. Free wireless and friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant is amazing with good food! The menu is a bit boring after the second night because the package only allows you to choose among 3 set options but still the food was so good I didn't really care. Their house wine is actually very good as well!

The massage was a good freebie to get but I was a bit puzzled to firstly walk into a hotel room with a makeshift bed for a massage bed instead of an actual "spa", but hey the massage was really good so I'm not complaining!

In terms of location, it isn't exactly fantastic - you'll have to walk 20 mins to get to the city center but the bus from Gare du Nord stops RIGHT outside the hotel. Also the taxis are really cheap as long as you get the hotel to call one for you.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
RINHotels, Guest Relations Manager at RIN Central Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Customer
We would like to thank you for the appreciations on RIN Central Hotel. Thank you one again and we look forward to welcoming you to your next visit in Bucharest.
Best regards RIN Grand Hotel Team

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was supposed to stay only one night with the hotel which is nice. Quite clean and relatively moderne.
I just want to point that since I wanted to stay an extra night, the price offered was 80 EUR when it cost be 44 using an internet travel agency (olotel).
Therefore, before accepting the 80 price at the counter, I told receptionnist that I could find 44 EUR online. He just told me to book online then. I am suprised to see that this hotel does not offer any price equity.

Anyway, took me 2 min to book online with olotel using their wifi in front of receptionnist and all went well.

Conclusion : Good hotel. location is Ok for me since I had an appointment next to the hotel. not far from city center but it is not a city-center hotel.

Advice : Don't book with them directly and use comparaison price sites for hotels.

Room Tip: Use price comparison tools to book this hotel. Dont take the x14 rooms (114, 214, 314 etc...) since...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
RINHotels, Guest Relations Manager at RIN Central Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Customer gma222

We would like to thank you for the appreciations on RIN Central Hotel. When booking through an online partner price variations deriving from cancellation policy may occur (eg: non refundable rates, stay length, etc).
In order to receive the best price and to have a reasonable cancellation policy
(not like olotel) we recommend you to book directly on our website
(rinhotels.ro) or to call the hotel directly.

Thank you for your staying at RIN Central and we look forward to welcoming you to your next
visit in Bucharest.

Best regards
RIN Central Team

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed at Rin Central in May having booked through an online voucher scheme. This meant that for us the hotel was extremely good value. A very slight downside was that the evening meal menu was limited under the voucher scheme, there being a choice of three menu combinations. Since we were staying 4 nights a fourth choice would have been nice. In practice it worked out ok for us and the food itself was in any case very good. The restaurant staff were also helpful in letting us choose across the options, i.e. starter from one, main course from another. We were also shown to a separate area of the dining room where there was no smoking which is very important for us since we are badly affected by smoke.

The standard of the room and the public areas was high and a problem with the room safe was attended to immediately. All staff were friendly and helpful. Our room had a/c which we used briefly one evening when it became rather too warm for us. For the most part we found the room comfortable without the a/c. The bed was comfortable and the TV gave us some channels in English.

We found the location of the hotel suited us well. It is in a quieter part of the city than the name 'Central' might imply. On the first night we were disturbed by dogs barking long and late into the night but this may have been unusual since we were not troubled during the rest of our stay. Once we were used to the public transport we found the short walk to Piata Traian and the tram ride into the centre both convenient and enjoyable. People in the street were friendly and helpful and showed us where and how to buy the necessary tickets. We also used the good Metro system.

For visitors from other parts of Europe and from the USA it is worth noting that Bucharest is not a cheap city in which to eat out. Cafés and restaurants are plenty and of good standard but rather expensive we felt. The same can not be said of the transport system which is very reasonable or of the museums and art galleries around the city which we enjoyed visiting.

Altogether we found our trip to Bucharest interesting and enjoyable and the Rin Central Hotel an excellent choice of accommodation. I would have no hesitation in recommending this short break.

Room Tip: The hotel staff were helpful in giving us a quiet, no-smoking room. I would recommend being on an up...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
RINHotels, Director of Sales at RIN Central Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear elDeedee

We would like to thank you for the appreciations on RIN Central Hotel. We assure you that we will continue trying to maintain a high satisfaction grade of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you to your next visit in Bucharest.

Best regards,

RIN Central Hotel Team

Reviewed February 15, 2012

We travel to Romania in January 2012,and we stay at Rin Central Hotel ,it is a nice hotel near by the Uni i square ,and The House of the Pepole , not to many rooms only 107 and this is the main reason for picking this hotel. This is a really nice hotel the staff is very friendly and helpful,hey give us werry good information regarding the Museum in Bucharest. Rooms are very clean and comfortable ,the food is great ,we love it so much .My and husband and looking forward to be back on this nice hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank smihmary
RINHotels, General Manager at RIN Central Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

We highly appreciate your comments. We assure you that we will continue trying to maintain a high satisfaction grade of our guests.

Best regards

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We had a great surprise with this hotel. We have booked the hotel for 2 days based on the great price and the central location. The first surprise was the parking, witch is guarded and free, rare feature in Bucharest. The staff in reception is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, with light colors( I hate the blue carpets in most of the hotels). We are always looking for non-smoking rooms and we have got one that was really a non smoking ( my wife is really sensitive to that).
Food is good and there are some options for vegans also. Price - more than reasonable - 15$ for a bottle of wine in a hotel in Bucharest ...
We have tried the massage, witch is deadly cheap and is really great.
Internet is working just fine, there is also a small working desk in the room.
My recommendation in Bucharest to everyone looking for great value for money without going for fancy stuff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ion t

Dear Customer

Best regards RIN Central Hotel Team

Reviewed September 20, 2011

the room was very clean and comfortable, however the rooms on my side of the hotel didn't have the external boxes that I associate with air conditioning. In my room there was just a fan that merely circulated warm air
the breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank philadams11
RINHotels, General Manager at RIN Central Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear Phil Adams,

thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is really a big help to me to get an honest opinion from someone with no connection with the hotel or with the staff.
I am happy to see that our breakfast was appreciated and the hotel was up to your standards. Related to the air conditioning problem you have mentioned the explanation it is as simple as it is: Romanians are not that crazy about air conditioning as western Europeans or north Americans. Since most of our customers are Romanians we are stopping the air conditioning in the centralized system ( the one in your room) in September. For people like you we have added for most of our rooms individually controlled air condition units that are working all year long.
Dear Phil, please remember to ask all you small issues to be solved while you are in the hotel. This way you are helping managers to have better hotels and better services. I can't change anything about your room now but I could have done it while you were in the hotel.

Best regards from Romania,
Romica

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayes with my son at Rin Central for a week in July. Hotel was clean and comfortable, breakfast good and service good. It even enjoyes a very rare commodity in Romania - room was airconditioned !!!

There were two problems with this hotel:
First problem is really under the responsibility of the hotel: The internet was weak and unreliable. My laptop connection went on and off, mostly off. My Iphone was a little better but it, too got zero signal too often.

Second problem was location. It is within 20 minute's walk from Piata Unirii, but in the 37C temperature, it was not so pleasant to walk. Neighborhood is run down (like most of Bucharest) with potholes and broken sidewalks. True, they are trying to fix things up, but roadworks till 23:00 under our window were not so pleasing.

There are two convenience stores just across the street and a short walk from there you can find Piata Traian with a market, two banks, buses and a supermarket. Still, watch where you step as you can easily break a leg stepping into a hole in the road or some broken curbstone. There is a bus right at the hotel to and from the central train station - Gara de Nord. But in order to get a bus ticket you have to walk to Piata Traian and then you can take the bus from there too (which is its next stop anyway).

Bottom line - I would probably stay there again, but will insist on a room on the first floor where internet signal is stronger.

Room Tip: if internet is important to you - make sure you check signal before you approve of the room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lidia96
RINHotels, General Manager at RIN Central Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Dear Angela,

thank you for taking the time to write the review! Although some people pick hotels that are on the main streets, some prefer a location like the one that our hotel has: short walk from downtown and main street, but on a quiet area where you can have a great sleep.
I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay and I can assure you that keeping the place clean and comfortable and with a great level of services it is our daily target.
I know a good internet connection is a must for the modern person traveling, so providing a free and reliable connection among many other things is a priority for us. The connection it is now stable and working quite fast.
Thank you for the review and hope to have you as our guest again!

Best regards,