“Nice enough”

French Bakery Novotel
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stopped here for breakfast one morning and the breakfast was very nice but it took ages to come. It was well priced though and the service was ok. Nice enough little cafe but wouldn't have stayed long

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

On a rainy Monday night we stopped by, attracted by the nice decor from the outside. After reading Foursquare comments about the good Onion soup I wanted to try myself, but it was not available, so I chose the recommended vegetable soup, but they should have called it Spinach soup instead, and it had no spices at all.
Penne al arabiata was good, but not that spicy again.
Hamburger was ok for Romanian standards.
Restaurant is looking very good from the outside, but the service is a no go. Unprofessional, it's what you expect in the Romanian countryside but not in the capital. Send them to Paris to learn how to serve well.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

stopped here for lunch while sightseeing in the city, I ordered the open sandwich which was fine but not fantastic, my partner ordered the lasagne which he was told was freshly made that day, when it came it looked horrible, dried out and covering in oil, he took one mouthful and said he could not eat it. I returned it back to the counter and the manager? owner was so rude to me, he stated that there was nothing wrong with it and they were nothing but rude to us until we left. I have written quite a few reviews and rarely write anything negative (look at my history) but this man so shocked me with his attitue, even if he did not agree, its not as if we ate it then wanted a refund, we just said it was not acceptable and wanted something else (which we were prepared to pay for). They really need to improve customer service as I totally agree with other reviews its a lovely looking place, such a shame on the food!

1  Thank Inverness820
Reviewed May 31, 2012

A nice place to take your laptop if you have some work to do. Good coffee and non-smoking but the food is nothing special. They never have the vegie sandwich and the vegie lasagna was burnt on the bottom and contained only two vegies. Could improve

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The restaurant seems exquisite and sofisticated but fails to deliver.
We spent a Friday evening here, quite enjoyable but mostly due to us. The location is perfect and the size of the restaurant is fairly appropriate. However, nothing defines the french style: the big tv screen played Frashion TV continuously, which we though it was rather kitch. The waiters were slow, distracted and not paying enough attention to customers; they looked like they didn't belomg here and wanted to show it. Two things reached the climax of our discontent: when we asked for a glass of red wine, they came back with an almost frozen bottle (red wine is served usually at room temperature). Second, we waited a considerable amount of time for our orders, over one hour for each dish !
This delays and the lack of professionalism and attention to details spoiled the charm this place could have had.