“Excellent”

Walkabout Free Tours
Ranked #1 of 134 Tours in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A walking tour of Old Bucharest organized by a team of passionate and friendly guides. The walking tours are free, although tips are appreciated. Every day at 10:30 & 18:00
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I feel terrible for not remembering the guide's name (21.02.14) but he was excellent. He spoke for just the right amount of time and was extremely informative. This is a great tour and a brilliant introduction to Bucharest, particularly with this guide! He was keen to talk to people and I felt rather guilty for not being in a very chatty mood, yet I was simply keen to listen. Highly recommended!

3 Thank CulturalT0urist

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Splendid”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

As part of our Valentine's weekend, we wanted to experience a tour of Bucharest. Found this via Trip Advisor, & I can categorically say that it was absolutely splendid. I believe the guide's name was Rozvan (forgive me if I'm wrong). He warmly introduced himself to us, we had a group of about 12 people. For the following 2 odd hours, he took us on an informative & interesting tour, encompassing the lows involving Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler or Count Dracula!!!) & Nicolae Ceaușescu. With the highs being Care cu Bere, the Old Town & the statue of the naked man & dog! LOL

2 Thank Black_Cavalier
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A historical walk with a very informed and interested guide”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

It was a cold winter day and the tour group was just me and my partner, but Mihai spent the whole afternoon with us, giving plenty of context for what we were seeing and helping us understand the flow of his country's history, from the Romans through the Silk Road, Communism, and revolution. He's given this tour many, many times, but it never felt like he was bored with the topic. His nuanced history and pleasant demeanor made it feel more like an afternoon with a friend than a tour.

2 Thank Sidjai
Bucharest, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best time ever”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I am Romanian and I live in Bucharest, but I had to take some foreign friends to see the city and we decided to join the tour. It was really wonderful and I found some new interesting stuff about Bucharest too. It is a great way to spend time and the guides are very funny! :)

Visited September 2013
3 Thank mgcraciun
Tallahassee, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“January 23rd, and -4 C....”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

...on a layover and our first time in Bucharest, and we thought "why not". Well it was worth dragging ourselves out from our comfortable hotel rooms, -4C and all! The tour was such good value, and an informative introduction to not only Bucharest but also Romania. Our guide (Mikhail) had an interesting and witty sense of humor that when injected into his dialogue made (at least for me) forget the cold. I would highly recommend the tour here and plan on trying similar tours in other cities.

Visited January 2014