“do when you arrive”

Walkabout Free Tours
Ranked #6 of 149 Tours in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Two great walking tours of Bucharest organized by a team of passionate and friendly guides. The walking tours are free, although tips are appreciated. Story of Bucharest - (EN) Every day at 10:30 & 18:00 and (ES) Fri, Sat, Sun at 18:00. Little Paris or New Berlin - Every day at 18:00 (EN)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 14, 2012

What a terrific tour. I wish we could have done it when we arrived as she took us to all the downtown sights from Plaza Uniri to the atheneum. Had we stayed in Bucharest longer we would have gone back to some of the places we saw. Her English was great and we had the #5000 tourist on the walk so the guides showered him with a praise. very fun. Don't leave Bucharest without doing the tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)
All reviews
"bucharest history"
in 15 reviews
"informative tour"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 21 reviews
in 46 reviews
"mara"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've already joined few free walking city tours in Europe and I must say that I really enjoyed this one. Our guide was Mihai and he really knew how to get our attention - nice explanations, printed photos, interesting stories and what I liked the most was his modesty! For example, in other cities guides had like 5-minute speech at the end of a tour how tours like this cost 10-20 € per person (Munich, Malaga, ...), so give me a big tip...! But this time guide ended our tour in front of Romanian Atheneum with a nice gratitude, we joined the tour. Of course we gave him some tip:) I highly recommend it! Bucharest and other Romanian cities are great!

1  Thank sadv67
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This tour gave us an excellent insight into the city of Bucharest - it's tumultuous history and the architecture which reveals it. We went to numerous landmarks over about two hours and by the end I felt very informed. The insights of the tour guide were invaluable and we felt as though we were getting an inside scoop in the city - especially the controversy surrounding the revolution. I cannot recommend it highly enough - especially because it is FREE!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I did the tour and the Girl Simone was just so amazing good..she knew a lot and did the Tour with a ot of pasion!! I would highly recomend it!!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was a very enjoyable tour and intro to the city. In about 2.5 hours I felt I had a gist of the city, its history, and where it was today. Alex, my guide, was also very engaging and did a good job (it was very hot on this tour, so any time I wasn't following I blame on the heat, not him). I also liked the use of pictures to contrast today with historical events. This wasn't a five star tour because I wasn't wowed as I was on a tour with an exceptional guide in Prague or on the Night watchman's tour in Rothenburg, Germany (due to their great history through storytelling, just not reciting facts), but that doesn't mean this wasn't a solid tour. I'd do it again and recommended others experience it as well.

1  Thank blink7589