“allways a great choice to relax and have a conversation over a good meal”
Review of Osteria Gioia

Osteria Gioia
Ranked #225 of 2,295 Restaurants in Bucharest
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2015

this is one place I often go both with familiy or with business partners; quality is always at top level, excelent service, same waiters for years... while it is primary a pasta restaurant (from the point of view of my son at least that loves the food here), the other dishes are well cooked and presented on the plate; quite small and friendly, a cosy place where you can also enjoy your conversation; I am never dissapointed... expect though an average of 50eur/pax including wine

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed September 1, 2015

We had an amazing time in that restaurant, the food was extremely delicios, the service very professional and they are making the best Lemonade I've ever tried.
Dafinately if you want to have a good quality food and relaxing atmosphere this is your place.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed July 9, 2015 via mobile

The restaurant is rather expensive for Bucharest. However the service was impeccable, the sea food fantastic as well as the deserts. On the down side the bruschetta bread was anemic. The pasta was fresh, good quality and al dentente but slightly 'overdressed'. Some great wines one the menu. But some are well bellow the restaurant's level. Good experience overall

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed May 30, 2015

I had my hopes up for a bit more of a traditional meal for my first dinner in Bucharest, but my colleagues raved about Osteria Gioia so I joined them there for a work team dinner.

It's a very nice restaurant on the inside, but felt like I could have been in any Italian restaurant anywhere in the world (outside of Italy).

We ordered parmesan focaccia and a Romanian red wine as a starter...anything oven-baked with parmesan should be good, but I would definitely recommend this one! And I'd never given much thought to Romanian red wines before, but the one we chose was quite good with the meal. I ventured away from the pasta and stake for a chicken breast rolled around spinach and mozzarella with a plum sauce and triple-cooked fries. It was a great choice and I ate everything on my plate along with more wine.

We ran out of room before dessert so I can't report back on that. I'd come here for the food, but the service was pretty average and the three tables of smokers around us dampened my tranquil post-dinner feelings a slight bit.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed May 22, 2015

We chose this restaurant to celebrate an important company event and it turned out wonderful. Slightly formal atmosphere, just perfect for a special event like this, although it does not necessarily have to be business - I can very well see a cozy dinner being very appropriate here. The food was delicious - I loved the appetisers, especially the vitello tonato and capers, for the main coarse I had trofiette with pancetta, wild porcini and truffle cream - the portions are quite generous, and for desert I would definetly reccomend the mascarpone mousse with Baccardi and fruit ^-^ mmm... The wine was very good and the service was friendly and professional. We stayed until late because we were having an excellent time and would definetly come back again. Go ahead and try it, you are bound to like it !!!

Date of visit: April 2015