“Excelent food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2015 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with my wife on a sunday afternoon. We had tuna tartar, a mix of cold cuts and cheese and two kinds of pasta for main course. I tell you this: the food is just amazing, it's a culinary orgasm. Service is very good too. Sadly the food is the only italian experience you get in here. The design is that of a 2007 posh coffee shop and the music was a mix of Buddha Bar compilation and reggae, perfect for an ocean front lounge but not for a midtown italian restaurant. But if you're looking for delicious italian food, this is definetely a place to come.

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed October 17, 2014 via mobile

Being there with my girlfriend several times, last time on a Friday evening. The atmosphere was cozy, almost intimate, even than almost all tables were occupied . The food was good, as every time (beef steak with pepper sauce and a salad with smoked salmon and radichio ). The waiter was nice and his recommendations were very appropriate. We finished with some lemon tart, delicious, as I was told ;)

Reviewed October 2, 2014

I have been to Osteria Gioia plenty of times in the past 4-5 years, mostly for business purposes maybe a couple of times for personal reasons. I got used to quite high pricing for a restaurant in a quite average position to be fair, but that came along with the convenient location for business purposes.
However, especially in the past year, I observed the portions have slimmed from small to tiny and they weren't even that tasteful as before, maybe they changed the cook. I believe they should review their policies, meals and pricing.

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank MKLPL
Reviewed September 7, 2014

Came here on a Saturday, for dinner with friends. Quite empty (only 2 other tables were taken during our 3 hour dinner). Great food, but expensive (don't get fooled by its name, this is not really an osteria and the atmosphere is quite formal). I did not like that we ordered a bottle of prosecco and the waiter came with 5 already full glasses. The bottle should have been opened at the table. 1 of the glasses looked and tasted a lot fresher than the other 4....

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank Camelia T
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Try the Salmon in tarragon sauce. It is melt in your mouth good. The location is great and the decor is modern and artsy. The staff is always wonderful and everyone we've gone here with has loved their dishes and the experience.

Date of visit: August 2014