“Good food at medium prices”

Red Angus Steakhouse
Ranked #120 of 2,118 Restaurants in Bucharest
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Red Angus Steakhouse is the casual dining American restaurant located in the most picturesque and relaxed area of the Old Town, viewing the Old Court Museum and Vlad Tepes' Statue, next to the very well known St. Anton Church. Red Angus Steakhouse provides you an original concept, ready to offer you a personalized experience which combines the legendary tender steaks, made of certified Australian and South American beef, with an authentic and creative décor emphasized by classical American symbols, and a professional, but friendly service. To all these, we add the best live blues in town, provided by Brent Melancon, the singer from New Orleans who came to Romania to play and sing exclusively at Red Angus Steakhouse! Let's meat!
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very good services, good atmosphere, good food and quality of meat. I recommend it for business lunch and dinner with friends as well.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The quality of the meat respect the standards of a good steakhouse... Very good service!
Good atmosphere to have a business lunch...

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The food was ok but quite expensive. The service was terrible, even by Romanian standards. The lone highlight was the free wifi that allowed me to post this review while still waiting for any of the 3 beverage orders we placed to be delivered.

1  Thank Brsmnky007
Reviewed October 11, 2012

There are much better resturants in Bucharest than this one, atmosphere was poor it is outside the main old town and I felt very guilty for disturbing the staff from their relaxation! Food was avarage at best and the wine poor. Would not recommend it.

1  Thank MarkMonkey
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am a beef afficionado and I've tried a lot of restaurants that serve this type of meat. I usually prefer the Romanian beef to the American one, but Red Angus Steakhouse is the huge exception. This is the best option if you want a good beef meal in Bucharest - all their beef is Angus and mostly of Prime quality.
The location is very nice, in the center of Bucharest, on a pedestrian back-street, across "Curtea Veche" Museum.
The service was very good and there is wireless Internet (ask about the password, if the waiter won't ask you when seing your laptop/tablet/Kindle/etc).
I've tried the beef soup (very good), the souffle cake with icecream on top of an orange slice (one time very good, other time perfect) and the rib-eye steak. The steak (made medium-rare) was juicy, melting in my mouth and tasty - I got no "synthetic" taste, like I got in too many imported beef meals. The lack of a cabbage salad or of a proper strong beer (personal preferences) paled when I tried the potato wedges that accompany every steak - they are almost better then the steak, with a heavenly taste. A selection of wines is available, but I can't say anything about since I am not a wine-drinker.
For a soup, a rib-eye stake with mixed salad and extra wedges, a souffle cake and a big water bottle I have paid around 55 euros (tip included), which is a big sum for a Bucharest restaurant. There are some cheap offers on the menu and other types of meat, but nothing special for me - the main reason to go and eat there is the beef; and the beef is expensive anywhere in the world.
It worths every cent of it and I will return when I'll scare enough money.