“Lovely hotel in the heart of Bucharest”

Z Executive Boutique Hotel
Ranked #25 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in the heart of Bucharest”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here twice. The first time was perfect. The rooms are large and pretty - our room had a small extra room where you could put your suit case so it was out of the way. The breakfast was really good with a wide selection of foods available - fish, meat, cheese, cereal, yoghurt, fruit - freshly cooked eggs and different rolls and breads.

The second time we stayed it was not quite so perfect because the shower leaked and so water flooded the bathroom - but this is not typical - it could happen anywhere - it was just bad luck that day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia B B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in June 2013 for 3 days after booking online. Arrival was uneventful ,room was beautiful and very clean. Restaurant is on the 9th floor with good views but it does get hot due to the huge windows . We only had breakfast which was OK without being exceptional. There is a small buffet and you have to order the type of eggs that you want.
Only suggestion is to employ someone to park the car and help customers with the luggage. Parking is on a narrow street that is mostly blocked by office workers and we had to lug our bags from the nearby public car park and up the stairs into the elevator. Not really pleasant and welcoming on 35 degrees Celsius day. Also , the lift and the corridors are not air conditioned and DO get very hot.
That being said....a good hotel that we can recommend because the location is absolutely fantastic.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the upper floors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Calin P
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This complaint is not about the detail (as you will read) but about the treatment towards a client:
On check out reception asked me whether I had taken anything from the mini bar and I confirmed having taken a sparkling water. He phones somewhere for this to be checked and is told that I took a water and a tea.
He tells me this and I say that I did not take the tea. He calls again and gets the same reply and adds that on top I put a teabag of another make instead of the teabag I used from the mini bar.
I reaffirm that I did not take any tea, neither did I substitute a teabag for another.
He insisted and put the tea on the bill.
The situation started feeling surreal.
I was in a hurry and told him that I think this was not the right way to treat this but that if he wanted to charge me for the tea, I'll pay but I will also write a note on the hotel's copy of the receipt to the attention of management.
So he did. So I did.
(not end of story)
I had already prepaid my stay, so the minibar fees and a difference I had to pay due to currency fluctuations totalled 27 Leis (€1 = +/- Lei4.5). I gave the receptionist 30Leis, to which he had no change.
He looked at me and asked me if I would not forgive the 3Leis difference (something like Eur 0.60) to which I said no because he was unjustly charging me for the tea.
He suggested he'd offer me a Lei 3 discount on my next stay to which I told him that he had not understood yet that I won't be coming back.
I insisted. He left and came back with change.
I left the hotel with a bad taste as how a hotel which could have good potential would let a team so lacking in professional service orientation to operate in it.
A real pity. I am never going back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank MaxBezzina
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Spent two nights here on a recent trip to Romania on the first night of the trip and at the end of the trip. Both nights accommodation was excellent. Eighth floor room overlooked the city on the first night and was comfortable, attractively decorated and plenty of space with a comfy bed. When we returned on the last night the room on the third floor did not have the view but was spacious and and decor superb with a king size bed. Although just off the main drag of bars and restaurants the rooms were quiet and had a good nights sleep. Would definitelyrecommend.

Room Tip: Views from the eighth floor fab.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ceri17
Mihaela R, Manager at Z Executive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Mrs. CERI 17 ,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Z Executive Boutique Hotel as your hospitality provider.
Also, dear Mrs. Ceri, thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay in our hotel on Tripadvisor – we are very happy that you were satisfied with our hotel.
Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the employees - feedback like yours keeps our staff highly motivated.
With your valuable feedback you enable us to improve and maintain the high standards of our service.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Z Executive Boutique Hotel soon.
Kindst regards,

Mihaela Romascu
Hotel Director
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Phenomenal hotel, period. Very well located right in Bucharest's old city area. Staff is helpful, rooms are very comfortable, and the breakfast is absolutely fantastic. It is a bit pricey comparing to other hotels in the area, but definitely worth it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Isaac S
Dear Mr. Isaac,
Also, dear Mr. Isaac, thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay in our hotel on Tripadvisor – we are very happy that you were satisfied with our hotel.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Z Executive Boutique Hotel soon.
Kindst regards,

Mihaela Romascu
Hotel Director
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is very well located near the old town with friendly staff. It has an excellent bar/resttaurant with views over the city roofs- a good place for the breakfast buffet, which is fairly good too with a choice of local or generic foods.The rooms are cheerfully decorated in a boutique style- very modern & somewhat convincing. The hotel is very clean, and the spa (I had a massage) is definitely worth it. My friend had a room at the back which was a bit noisy on one night from neighbours, but my room at the front was lovely and quiet.

Room Tip: A room on the street is quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank fipet73
Nova Gorica, Slovenia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Found this hotel while surfing the net for a new try in Bucharest. Hotel is located right in the middle of the city and offers nice starting point as several spots are easy accessible on foot. During my stay there were some works (as always) in the near proximity of the hotel, but I did not found this disturbing as rooms are well sound insulated.

As I arrive around noon and my room was not ready yet, I was offered to stay and chill down in a nice loby with good working wi-fi, so this was OK to check mails and make some calls.
Soon I was given a room and yes, rooms are really nice.
Elegant and modern furbished and with excellent orthopedic mattress, where you can really sleep as a baby. Room and bathroom are rich in size, clean and with positive feeling.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant on the top of the building and was OK.
Staff is really friendly and offering good service all the time and there is a nice view from the terrace where you can sip your drink in the evening.

At the terrace there were some unfinished construction works visable, but this obviously goes along while you are in Romania, isn't so?

In general, very satisfied with the hotel, interesting point was that despite located in the very centre, hotel street Ion Nistor was not known immediately by the taxi drivers, so it was not bad to know a bit around close surroundings.

The only thumb down, but still sympatic was experience in the top bar, where despite resonable "rich" wine cart the real wine "stock" was quite limited and that we had to order separately water glasses, as we did not want to drink Spritzer :) .

But in general, nice experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business