“Very good”

Ranked #2 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
london
“Very good”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. The positive reviews persuaded me to try it ahead of the usual business hotels and on reflection, probably not the best idea. It's a good four star hotel for Bucharest, and would be perfect for tourists looking for somewhere quiet and classy.

Pros|
Good service
Very clean
Very comfortable beds
Lots of privacy
Quiet
Fast internet
Great, affordable spa treatments

Cons:
Restaurant food is very rich, everything doused in butter!
Fruit was out of a can/tin!
Gym is tiny and pokey
Off a badly lit side street, so it doesn't feel safe walking back after dark
Check out took AGES

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us, whether positive (and I highly apreciate the pros you mentioned) or negative.
I would like to assure you that all products in our restaurant - including the fruits and vegetables are all fresh, and we always adapt to cooking preferences of our guests, therefore should you visit Epoque again, please make a note to the waiter regarding the way you prefer the food (e.g. not with so much butter).
Please accept my personal apologies for the duration of the checkout process, I checked with my colleagues and it appears we faced a system glitch at the time you had your checkout, again, apologies.
As for the location of our hotel, it is indeed one of the main attributes of real boutique hotel not to be located on main boulevards, but more away from the noise and hussle. As many of our guests call Epoque, it is a "hidden gem", an "oasis of intimacy and privacy".
I really hope we will have the chance to welcome you again, whether business or pleasure, and until then please allow me to with you a Happy New Year!
Diana Popescu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Paris
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This luxury hotel is located 5 minutes of the closest Metro Station & around 15 minutes walking from House of People (the biggest building in Europe) and Piata Uniri (Romanian Champs Elysees). Rooms are huge, and food in the restaurant is great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor, it is a great pleasure to see our guest really enjoy the Epoque experience.
Your photos are really nice, I'm glad you also tried the food in our restaurant L' Atelier - l'árt culinaire, as far as I see you tried some of my personal favourites :)
Look forward to welcoming you again in Epoque in 2014!
Until then, may you have the best year ever! Happy New Year!
Zonhoven, Belgium
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I spend many days several times a year in Bucharest. Although there are many very good hotels with excellent service, the Epoque hotel has become my favourite. The rooms are nice and spacious. The house keeping assures rooms that are impeccably clean. In the morning, I can go for a swim in the pool before heading for breakfast. Most important is the warm family-like feeling that comes from the personnel; neither the anonymous service of a big hotel-chain nor the privacy intrusion of a B&B. Just friendliness that makes you feel like a valued guest.
Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding you recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I read with great pleasure you remarks, and I am happy to see you felt and appreciated the warm and welcoming atmosphere and the attention to details thay we value so much, as a boutique hotel.
You are indeed a valued guest and we look forward to your next visit.
Until then, please allow me to wish you Happy Winter Holidays and the best New Year ever!
Kind regards
Potomac Falls, Virginia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Époque Hotel in Bucharest is a great find. This is from a person who travels the world on business and for pleasure. It was my first trip to Bucharest, and the weather was cold, so I did not get to enjoy the nearby park. Although the neighborhood is a little shabby but a ten minute walk to the old city was very refreshing and offered me an opportunity to explore the cafés and restaurants that dot the area. My room was very good in size and very clean, though the view was not much to cheer about considering that I was staying for over 5 nights. The breakfast is wonderful, but the real reward is all the friendly staff who spoke English we'll and who were extremely helpful. I am planning to return soon and I will definitely return to the Epoque, and hope you will too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Muean A
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at Epoque Hotel.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel and that we managed to prove you made the right choice for your first trip to Bucharest.
You will always be welcomed in our boutique hotel and I am confident you will not be dissapointed.
A big thank you from our entire team and we all wish you Happy Winter Holidays and Happy New Year!
Belgium
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Epoque hotel, next to the Cismigu park, is perfectly located for getting close to the city center.
All started with the check-in. A friendly lady welcomed me and registration went very smoothly. A few words about the facilities in the hotel, and off I was to the room.

The room itself is just great. Spacious, very clean and with all amenities one would expect in a 5* hotel. Heating works perfectly, a heavenly shower and nice sitting area. Separate desk with lots of plugs. I had a room facing the park (4th level) and I must say it was quite nice taking a step on the balcony. The bed was very good with very fresh linens on it!

The pool - albeit very small - was a great experience and is very well maintained.

Breakfast was maybe a bit limited (I had better breakfasts in 5* hotels in Bucharest), but it had all I liked with separate (free) egg orders possible. Service was bit slow on one day (I think it was sunday).

All in all, a great hotel, very friendly staff and a good location. Just what I needed

Extra plus : the hotel only works with a reliable taxi company which is charging normal rates

Room Tip: try to ask for a room facing the park on a higher level
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
It was a real pleasure to read your review, thank you so much for taking the time to post such a detailed feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed the Epoque experince, you surely are a "detail" person, and I'm proud we managed to meet your expectations.
Hoping we will have the chance to welcome you again in Epoque Hotel, I take this opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays and a great New Year!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were at Epoque Hotel for a small private event and we got a Junior Suite for one night. It was exquisite!
The staff is extremely friendly and made us feel special and appreciated; the rooms are clean, spacious, quiet... just so elegant and luxurious. I loved this hotel and would surely recommend it if your travels bring you to Bucharest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you again for chosing Epoque Hotel and I am glad we convinced you made the right choice for your small private event.
I really appreciate you took the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, your feedback means a lot to our entire team, I passed your compliments to my colleagues.
I hope your travel plans will bring you back to Epoque, until then
Happy winter holidays!