“Wonderful stay..”

Ranked #2 of 168 Hotels in Bucharest
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Wonderful stay..”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Époque Hotel in Bucharest is a great find. This is from a person who travels the world on business and for pleasure. It was my first trip to Bucharest, and the weather was cold, so I did not get to enjoy the nearby park. Although the neighborhood is a little shabby but a ten minute walk to the old city was very refreshing and offered me an opportunity to explore the cafés and restaurants that dot the area. My room was very good in size and very clean, though the view was not much to cheer about considering that I was staying for over 5 nights. The breakfast is wonderful, but the real reward is all the friendly staff who spoke English we'll and who were extremely helpful. I am planning to return soon and I will definitely return to the Epoque, and hope you will too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Muean A
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at Epoque Hotel.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel and that we managed to prove you made the right choice for your first trip to Bucharest.
You will always be welcomed in our boutique hotel and I am confident you will not be dissapointed.
A big thank you from our entire team and we all wish you Happy Winter Holidays and Happy New Year!
Kind regards,
Diana Popescu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Belgium
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Epoque hotel, next to the Cismigu park, is perfectly located for getting close to the city center.
All started with the check-in. A friendly lady welcomed me and registration went very smoothly. A few words about the facilities in the hotel, and off I was to the room.

The room itself is just great. Spacious, very clean and with all amenities one would expect in a 5* hotel. Heating works perfectly, a heavenly shower and nice sitting area. Separate desk with lots of plugs. I had a room facing the park (4th level) and I must say it was quite nice taking a step on the balcony. The bed was very good with very fresh linens on it!

The pool - albeit very small - was a great experience and is very well maintained.

Breakfast was maybe a bit limited (I had better breakfasts in 5* hotels in Bucharest), but it had all I liked with separate (free) egg orders possible. Service was bit slow on one day (I think it was sunday).

All in all, a great hotel, very friendly staff and a good location. Just what I needed

Extra plus : the hotel only works with a reliable taxi company which is charging normal rates

Room Tip: try to ask for a room facing the park on a higher level
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
It was a real pleasure to read your review, thank you so much for taking the time to post such a detailed feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed the Epoque experince, you surely are a "detail" person, and I'm proud we managed to meet your expectations.
Hoping we will have the chance to welcome you again in Epoque Hotel, I take this opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays and a great New Year!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were at Epoque Hotel for a small private event and we got a Junior Suite for one night. It was exquisite!
The staff is extremely friendly and made us feel special and appreciated; the rooms are clean, spacious, quiet... just so elegant and luxurious. I loved this hotel and would surely recommend it if your travels bring you to Bucharest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you again for chosing Epoque Hotel and I am glad we convinced you made the right choice for your small private event.
I really appreciate you took the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, your feedback means a lot to our entire team, I passed your compliments to my colleagues.
I hope your travel plans will bring you back to Epoque, until then
Happy winter holidays!
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed over a short business weekend in room 101. The hotel is clearly quite new, one of the newest I saw in Bucharest. It is fairly small but has everything that's needed. Close to everything but not in a noisy location.

The Spa is great, with a small but adequate pool I was the only person using it which made it very relaxing. Well equipped gym, which I was keen to try out, unfortunately I forgot my shorts! Some tables and loungers were by the pool with a menu. I was never spoken to about ordering anything which was a shame. Others have mentioned the lack of jacuzzi, it would be a welcome addition.

Room 101 was large, comfortable and had the best stocked mini-bar I've ever seen! Heating controls were excellent and very modern.

The bedroom had a huge bed which was let down by polyester sheets. There were three types of pillows. Easy to use safe, convenient plug sockets, Ethernet connections (wireless too) and TV with loads of channels. Room has a window but no view, not really an issue. There is also a dressing table and large wardrobe.

The bathroom has an enormous double shower in the wet room complete with bidet and loo. In the rest of the bathroom there is a large bath and double sinks. Heated floor in the wet room was amazing! Plenty of towels etc.

The reception area in my room had a sofa, coffee table and desk again with convenient power and Ethernet connections. Another larger TV across the room. The room was spoilt by a large empty area between the TV and sofa. A cabinet under the TV would have made it look much less bare. The mini-bar had everything, there was no room left for anything else! Prices for the mini bar put me off, which is a shame as otherwise I would have used it.

Restaurant was good, with a varied French menu and skilled chef. Portions were plentiful and delicious. Breakfast was equally as enjoyable with food cooked to order in addition to buffet. Service was superb.

Bar was well stocked with a friendly knowledgeable bartender open for a chat, which was stopped me from going stir-crazy! Prices were fairly reasonable for the service and quality received. Seating in the bar area was not very relaxing, could have done with a few sofas, I spent less time in the bar purely because of the seating which is a shame.

Concierge staff were incredibly helpful and were always on the end of the phone if anything was needed. I booked a private car for dinner one night, at a very reasonable price.

-1 for value purely because of the high mini-bar prices.
-1 for Sleep Quality because the sheets weren't particularly comfortable.
-1 for spa because of no service.

Everything else was superb. I look forward to staying again/

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for taking so much time to write such a detailed review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I read with great pleasure all the kind words and also your observations, your feedback is extremely important to improve in any aspect we may.
I assure you that all aspects you mentioned have been discussed with our team members, especially the one regarding the bed sheets which are 100% cotton, of course. We are currently checking with our laundry cleaning provider, as it may be an issue related to the cleaning process.
Should you decide to visit Epoque Hotel again, you will be more than welcome and I hope you will notice improvements regarding the aspects you mentioned.
Allow me to wish you Happy Winter Holidays!
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were at the hotel for five night, the pool and spa are great , especially when it's cold outside. rooms are clean and nice, we were in a executive suites which was wonderful but small for four people. the food is great, rich breakfast and the restaurant very high level, all the dishes we tried were excellent,
Staff were kind and enthusiastic to help, there is a little problem with the taxi it difficult to find the hotel.
In conclusion highly recommended

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting such a flattering review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque.
I passed your compliments to our French Executive Chef and he was very pleased his dishes were highly appreciated, and sends his regards.
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in our boutique hotel.
Happy Winter Holidays!

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed December 2, 2013

It's been several years now and Epoque became my favorite spot when I'm dropping to Bucharest ! Keep going for the best ! The rooms are great the breakfast excellent and the service is at steady 5 stars quality

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr Bogdan,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor about Epoque Hotel.
It is always a great honor and pleasure to have you as our guest, and I am really proud we managed to turn Epoque into your "home away from home".

You will always be welcomed here, at Epoque and we look forward to your next visit.

Until then, Happy Holidays!
Galati, Romania
Reviewed November 28, 2013

All is perfect, Beautiful and confortable large suite, Nice SPA area, Excellent breakfast. Efficient and kind employees
Only two small remarks: a jacuzzi is missing in the SPA area and the first time you come the hotel is a little bit difficult to find

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you so much for posting a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, and I would just like to specify that our swimming pool is equipped with powerful under-water bubble jets as well with massage showers, therefore compensating in part the lack of a jacuzzi.
I hope you will return to Epoque with pleasure and next time you will test the bubble jets from our swimming pool.
Kind regards and a big thank you from our team for your kind words.