“BEST HOTEL !!!”

Ranked #2 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
Pennsylvania
“BEST HOTEL !!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just spend 8 nights at the hotel. Wish I could have stayed longer. The location was perfect. Was within walking distance to all attractions. Old town, which has MANY places to eat and have a drink, is a very short walk. Main train station is also a short walk.
The hotel was so quiet for being in the center of the city. The rooms were very large for Europe. Stayed at many 5 star hotels through out the world and This hotel has to be my favorite! The atmoshere in the hotel was so friendly, made you feel like home. Everyone that works there was very helpful with anything that you need help with and gave good tips about the city. The entire place was spotless. Pool and spa was also very refreshing. The restaurant was very good. When booking my room I purchased the breakfast and glad i did, because it was very good.
Will stay there next time in Bucharest. It was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Saw two style of rooms and I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rogp3
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

I read with great pleasure your detailed review and I am grateful you shared such a positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and look forward to your next visit.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me or the reception staff at any time should Bucharest be on your future destinations' list, and we will be glad to make all arrangements for an enjoyable stay with us.
Warm regards,
diana.popescu@epoque.ro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Slightly over rated for 5 stars if compared to western Europe and/or Asia but overall a very nice boutique hotel, professional front desk, modern suite type rooms, 15 minute walk to nightlife. Given the rate paid through BookToStay website (€ 150/night) definetely worthwhile. Will consider staying at this venue again.

• Stayed September 2013
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
We are very pleased our team managed to raise up to your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay.
Look forward to welcoming you again in our luxury boutique hotel.

Kind regards
Owner&CEO
Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Marvellous and quiet place in the heart of Bucurest! Thank you for the great time! It was really very pleasant surprise for me and my family!Admirations for the nice french restaurant! We could really fell the atmosphere of France...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel Bucharest.
Your kind remarks are an incentive to our entire team to strive to exceed our guests' expectations every day.

I have passed your compliments to Stephane, our French Executive Chef and he is sending his kind regards, we are all glad you enjoyed your time spent with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Epoque Hotel.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at Epoque Hotel 4 nights during our wedding which took place in Bucharest. Living outside Romania we needed a very chic hotel to stay in while in Bucharest for our wedding ceremony. The extremely good rating along with the architecture and design of the hotel convinced us to make the booking as it seems perfect. Indeed, the hotel looks wonderful, has a good location and staff were pretty nice too. I was surprised to notice that everyone is addressing to the guests in English first. I assume they mainly have foreigners in their hotel hence the language preference.

Although overall the hotel is good it is very difficult to me not to point out the annoyances we noticed which triggered unexpected disappointment.

Everyone recommends Epoque Hotel as a boutique hotel and the boutique standard comes with certain expectations such as attention to details, know your guest and more personalised treatment. Well, it seems there are still wheels to grease as it did not quite work like that.

Straight from the beginning I informed the hotel that we were booking it for our wedding. Nobody cared about the aspect. Nobody knew. Example: I actually had to request manager permission to be allowed to get some photos done in the lobby and in front of the hotel. Also, for a hotel of this standard I have expected some attention like sending congratulations, a small cake, a little surprise. Nothing. Not even a verbal greeting. All over the world for these kind events or birthdays the hotel sends greetings, a card or cake in the room.

The second and probably the worst aspect was the construction (hotel's property) going on in front of the hotel which nobody told us about. Each day they would wake us up with the sound of drilling at 7-8 AM, even on Saturday and Sunday.

And the third thing was the breakfast. 4 days in the row, absolutely same staff. Photo copy. No diversity, no change. I have only experienced this in 3 stars hotels in Asia. Never in a 5 star hotel anywhere. Ah, and another annoyance was the lack of a kettle in the room. My wife drinks tea. Well. in that case you need to call the reception and wait for someone to bring hot water from the bar.

To wrap up, good looking hotel, friendly staff, nice and spacious rooms but far from a boutique hotel. The management still has a lot of work to do. Simple example, they advertise at the reception and in the room their partnership with some airline member programs and when I told them that I want to give my membership card number to get the benefits they said "I don't think we have this program anymore...". I could not say more...

Room Tip: Do not touch the minibar. Maldives prices.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DragosJ
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for chosing Epoque Hotel for your stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to offer us valuable feedback regarding your stay. We take guests' recommendations extremely serious, as I personally consider it is the only way we can pursue excellence.
Although I really appreciate your kind remarks about our hotel, at the same time I deeply regret that your stay was less than perfect.

I must say I was quite surprized by your comment about nobody caring about your special event, since I personally approved the free upgrade from the Junior suite you booked to the Executive Suite you were accomodated, and I instructed my colleague at the reception to congratulate you on behalf of Epoque and to offer you as our gift the free upgrade.

For the miles programs that we adhered to as members of Worldhotels, I must inform you that they are valid only for reservations coming via Worldhotels which have the miles included, It is a contractual matter we cannot break, and I appologize that my colleague (which is quite new in our organization and needs more traning) was not able to properly explain the conditions of the miles program.

Last but not least, I honestly apologize for the inconvenience the construction site outside the hotel caused you, we have agreed with the constructor that noisy works should start daily after 11, however, things are not always under our full control, and again, please accept my sincere apologies.

There is always room for improvement and your experience with us being less than enjoyable only makes me and my team strive to get better. I honestly hope you will chose our hotel for your future trip to Bucharest so we will have a chance to prove ourselves to be at the height of your expectations.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed six days total at époque and must say it rates as one of the best places I've ever stayed. I would like to sincerely thank the staff and a special thanks to bellman Robert and my favorite bartender in the world Robert "thanks guys for making me feel so welcome so far from home and I hope we meet again". The room was large, comfortable, and clean with nice tv and great in room mini bar and service. The food was great and room included a nice breakfast. Quiet location and beautiful building and if there is any place I'd recommend stay in Bucharest it is here. Thanks again to everyone there and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Greetings from Epoque Hotel! Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience following your recent stay at Epoque Hotel Bucharest.
It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and I passed all your compliments to the entire team (especially the two Roberts :) ) for their professionalism.

It is indeed our mission as a luxury boutique hotel to provide personalized services to all our guest and your comments are for sure an incentive to our team members to out-perform themselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Epoque Hotel during your next visit to Bucharest.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 6, 2013

i have visited the hotel Epoque last month during a 3 day trip to Bucharest for a friends marriage ceremony. It is really chic environment with a characteur of its own, the hotel management and staff was really helpful and friendly. The hotel rooms were really comfortable and clean, free wifi everywere, big spaces and lots of facilities. Very important for me was the the management and staff were very helpful to all my needs. The wifi was free everywhere keeping me in touch with my office back home. The most unique charactiristic is the positive atmosphere in the place, quiet area just few minutes walk through to the city center, in the heart of Bucharest. This place is highly recommended for individuals as well as family type holidays.

Room Tip: Really quiet just in the city center
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for chosing Epoque hotel during your short visit to Bucharest.
I really appreciate the time you took to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and I am happy you think so highly of our hotel and our team.

It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we will have the chance to be your hosts again during your next trip to Bucharest.

Brasov, Romania
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is an amazing place! It is probably the best looking hotel in Bucharest. I know there are many fancy hotels but this is a beautiful and charming place. Compared with other establishments in Bucharest that I have visited in the last years, this is a tastefully decorated and a very cozy hotel. Those who are looking for something a bit extra will probably find it here. Also, the price for one night is not even that much compared to the luxurious rooms and the beautiful atmosphere this hotel creates. Another plus is the fact that it’s right near the park so you can take a stroll whenever you feel like having a bit of fresh air. The room I stayed in was extremely beautiful. I actually thought that when I have a big house of my own some of the rooms are going to be decorated in the same style.

I just loved it! So tastefully done without that kitschy opulent thing most fancy hotels do nowadays. The bathroom, spotless, and that’s a detail I thoroughly check. The staff was also great and I had a really nice view. This might not be the first hotel you find when traveling to Bucharest but do ask about it and find it because it is a gem and you won’t regret your stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mrs Andreea,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Epoque Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Your detailed review and kind words of appreciation honour us and I personally thank you on behalf of the entire Epoque team. Our guests' satisfaction is a great incentive for all of us to constantly strive for excellence.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon in our gem, as you generously called Epoque Hotel.