Epoque Hotel Relais & Chateaux
$53
Hotel Christina(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
$101
$96
K+K Hotel Elisabeta(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
$85
$117
$105
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Europa Royale Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
$103
$83
$119
$105
Hotels.com
$103
  • Restaurant
All reviewscismigiu parkfrench cuisinequiet cul de sacjunior suiteold townbeautiful parksmall poolexcellent hotelliving areaquiet locationspa facilitiesthe heart of the citysteam roombusy citymacaroonsminute walkspecial thanks
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel has a location close to one of the major parks of the city, but it is quite far from the centre of the city.
the restaurant is expensive and pretentious for a cooking that is less than average.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Didier V
CatalinBalan, Guest Relations Manager at Epoque Hotel Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your impressions of our hotel.

We appreciate the feed back from any experienced traveller.

You indicated that our cooking is less than average so please, let us know which are the improvements you would like to see.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

A big LIKE! I was here last year and it was precious. Situated near a great park, Cismigiu I think is calle, the silence there... away from main boulevards, was just what I needed. The design is amazing, I was staring at the walls outside for hours... On word for Epoque... Awesome.

Room Tip: For those who need quiet time and relaxation this is the place...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jay B
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your impressions.

You said it all, hopefully we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Alexandra

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This a real find....a medium sized, new, extremely well-maintained hotel hidden in a run-down part of Bucharest. Even Romanian colleagues had never heard of it and were astonished by the quality. It seems to be an old villa that someone has invested heavily into renovating.
I was upgraded to a small suite, with a living/working area (free wifi), large luxurious bathroom and king sized bed. All the fittings, carpets and decor really had a top-class feel. Breakfast was good, but could offer a little more choice.
Staff were extremely friendly, professional and spoke excellent English. Do not waste your time on the Intercont & Co, this is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Tony D
CatalinBalan, Guest Relations Manager at Epoque Hotel Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I was very happy to read your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again for your next trip to Bucharest.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a new property. I liked it very much and overall I could not fault it. Check in was very efficient and friendly. Checkout the same. I was upgraded and my "room" was an apartment with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a lounge/dining area and a balcony/terrace with a sunbed and a table which seated 6 quite comfortably. The "room" was spotlessly clean which is always top of my priorities. Amenities - struck me as good quality products - had most things - no bath gel for some reason, but not absolutely necessary for me anyhow. Separate toilet from bathroom. Always a very good idea. Breakfast was good - not outstanding, but good. There could have been a slightly bigger selection of jams etc. There was honey, strawberry jam and another jam, apricot? The scrambled eggs were not good one day, very good the next. There wasn't anything missing in particular, and I suppose if I had wanted fried eggs I could have asked for them - but I wasn't made aware of the option by the staff. The bacon struck me as a bit too oily as well. Overall though it was prefectly adequate - not "wow" though!! I liked the fact that there is an open kitchen - from my point of view, very interesting and for single travellers it gives you something to watch, whilst eating. Also it means that it has to be very clean. The food in the restaurant was not bad, but it was not outstanding either. I think it could have been a little more interesting, but that is my personal opinion. I had sea bream that lost its taste, because it was a bit drowned in a dressing with an oil base for example. The garniture was somewhat lacking and I do not remember seeing side dishes on the menu. I got a piece of fish with asparagus as I recall and that was that for the main course. I also had salmon with wild rice. Well cooked. But nothing green. This is nit picking but I think that is where there is room for improvement and it would be a way of getting outsiders/locals in to eat at the restaurant and improve revenue. The overall ambiance is very good and outdoor eating would be very pleasant. Having said that, we took part in a function there, with a buffet and it went extremely smoothly from all points of view. My other observation is that the lounge/bar area could be a bit more cozy, given the type of hotel. It is rather "open plan". The feeling in the hotel was very professional and friendly though. The staff smiled easily and I felt there was a positive aura in the building. Location - the website struck me as a bit misleading - I thought it was in the park but it is not - it is close. So it is surrounded by buildings. I could not have found it on my own either. Also I think other hotels are slightly better situated for walking round the centre. It all is a matter of personal taste - If one likes boutique hotels then it would be hard to fault it. I do prefer bigger hotels, like the Radisson in Bucharest, but I would quite possibly stay here again. They are not really comparable as they are different. They have different target groups, I would say.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank retro46
CatalinBalan, Guest Relations Manager at Epoque Hotel Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your impressions of our hotel.

Please let me assure you that we take your feedback very seriously, since we are committed to provide you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, as this is our best resource for improving the guest service.

I was delighted to hear that your experience with us was very good. I can assure you, there is always space for improvement and I have already discussed these with the departments concerned in order to provide excellency for our guests.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I spent a week as a guest in Epoque Hotel also using the conference facilities.The hotel is of good class, seems newly renovated, Room and other premises were in perfect shape. The hotel even has a small spa with pool and saunas.Staff always nice and service on expected level. Drawback is the restaurant, charging considerably high prices but only offering average class cooking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards hotel front, gives you nicer view. If need of conference room, consider possibility of getting a top floor suite with conference room included.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business