“Nice hotel”

Ranked #16 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
New York
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice location and very clean rooms. The room had 2 twin beds and we asked for a full or queen bed but they just put the two beds together. The shower has no curtain and just a small glass panel keeps the water away from the rest of the bathroom. We've seen this all around Romania, I guess they don't like shower curtains. The breakfast was good, with several options. There's an ATM in the lobby which was very convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean and fresh. Very good breakfast and pretty good service. Good location near old town but very noisy at night due to the heavily trafficked street outside. It was very warm in our room and the ac couldn't be turned down to more than 18 degrees Celsius. The ac was also very loud making it hard to sleep well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I booked this due to it's location as it was in the Old part of the City. The location is excellent. Although, we didn't have the breakfast as it was £8.00 each and we were leaving in the morning for the airport so thought we would get something there. That was a big mistake as the airport food is really expensive if you are hungry wait to order food on the plane it will be cheaper. After being in Transylvania and Bucharest and having cheap food for the duration of our holiday we were surprised the airport was so expensive. In hindsight I would have booked breakfast as on a Sunday morning everywhere in Bucharest seemed to be closed. The receptionists spoke very good English and also upgraded our room for us which was nice. The hotel was clean and we could not fault that and the rooms were spacious. Although, the only concern I had, which our Romanian tour guide warned us about, was the Hotel's often work with the private taxi companies trying to rip off tourists. When we booked in I asked if I need to book a taxi in advance they said yes and it would be 25 Euros to the airport. I said no way and told them what our Romanian friend had told us it should be in Romanian money. With that they arranged a car for the agreed price so it can be done. Just be careful of getting ripped off on the tax fares.
I would recommend this hotel for it's location, cleanliness and also it was great value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Good location and high standard of accommodation. The rooms are spacious, and very clean, with crisp bed linen. The bathroom had plenty of towels and good quality toiletries. My only negative comment about the room, was no kettle to make drinks, but not sure if thats standard with the hotel chain or the city. I was a little worried having read some of the reviews regarding noise so asked for an inside room (looks out onto the atrium), only downsides of this were the karaoke one night when we went to bed early (10pm), but the other nights were fine, and the room was quite hot. Similarly, some comments were quite negative about the breakfast. We found breakfast fresh and plentiful with the only downside being no decaffeinated coffee, but I can live with that!
The location is great for bars and restaurants, and for sight seeing. We walked practically everywhere, with just a few taxi trips which the hotel organised. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and did everything to make our stay pleasant.

Room Tip: Atrium facing rooms wont have road noise, but if you are an early to bed person, invest in some earp...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed at the Europa Royale during Easter. It is a really good hotel, friendly staff, clean, located just right in the middle of the city. You actually can walk everywhere. Just a few steps away you can find the old town, and its cafés, bars, and busy nightlife. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The hotel is nice and the location is great if you have an interest in sightseeing the historical buildings in Bucharest. But if you drive a car and need parking it is a horrible choice for a traveler.
Although they advertise parking is available, it is actually an underground cellar or grotto. Firstly it cannot be seen when you drive by as the entrance is not marked and is smaller than a one car garage door half buried into the ground. After we did three laps around the block (which is not easy in Bucharest) we had to park somewhere nearby illegally (parking is not allowed in the area) walk into the hotel and ask for help. Finally someone opened the garage door and and waved us into the garage across an extremely busy sidewalk and down a very steep narrow and dark slope! Inside, the staff that let you in are your guides onto the parking platforms which cannot be seen as they are very low to the ground. This is what I did: I let the hotel staff guide me and while following their directions I damaged the car when the front right fender got caught on the platform's raised edge. And here is the kicker: as told by the hotel manager, the hotel takes no responsibility for what happens in that garage!! They have no insurance whatsoever and the hotel manager told me that with a straight face! So now not only I was liable for the damage to the car, we had to change our first two days of vacation plans as I did not dare to use the car anymore since I had to rely on the same staff to drive the car in and out of that so called garage! To me the hotel falsely advertises that parking is available. I am not sure how they can do that....I guess is one of the treats of visiting Bucharest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carmen C
Halesworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I changed my booking at the last minute as decided I would like to stay more central and I don't regret it. Right overlooking Unirii Square and convenient for trams and the metro, it is very easy to get anywhere from this location. My room was fine, it had a minibar, the wifi worked well, the bathroom was clean and the breakfasts were substantial. The staff were polite, friendly and welcoming. A tip for transport in Bucharest: try Black Cab Company, book through their website, it is good value, English speaking drivers and clean cars.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo