“Great location”

Europa Royale Bucharest
Ranked #15 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location being on Piata Unirii. The 783 bus runs directly from the lower floor of the airport to Piata Unirii, (buy the ticket before getting on the bus at the kiosk or ticket machine adjacent to the bus stop) and then it's only a short walk along one side of the Piata to the hotel. The rooms are clean and modern, the breakfast fine, and the prices reasonable. Having been travelling to Bucharest for over twenty years now, it's amazing how much things have improved for tourists. The only slight criticism is the staff attention - it's ok but not great. Romanian people are really friendly, but you wouldn't think so from the attitude of the hotel staff. Try any of the bars or restaurants local to the hotel to see what I mean! We would definitely stop here again though.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Rob W
Europa Royale B, General Manager at Europa Royale Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2014

Dear Mr. Rob,

thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking time to share your feedback and great advices for other travelers.
Although, I'm sorry to hear, that our staff wasn't attentive enough to your needs. Europa Royale Bucharest slogan "we'll take care of the rest" is primary lesson, which we learn in our team. Attention to guest needs, helpfulness and sincerity are required from every member and I hope we will have chance to welcome you back in warm and hospitable environment.

We are looking forward to your next visit at Europa Royale Bucharest!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

In my first review i said great location was its big advantage...it still is..but now I realise on my second stay some of the not so great things.

Breakfast....possibly the poorest breakfast of any hotel I have stayed in the city. The cold food was poor quality ie the turkey slices had bone in them..needs to be pretty cheap to get that. The hot food was firstly not hot and secondly very greasy and poor selection. i asked for a coffee as didnt want the big boiler full type stuff they had and was told that was extra. For 40ron I could have had a dinner elsewhere..We skipped breakfast the other 2 mornings of our stay. In fact when we arrived the young guy on desk (same guy as later) said breakfast was extra and i told him no it was included and he insisted it wasnt until someone else came and took over and said i was right,

When we arrived the room was small with no windows! Just a frenchdoor one floor above the lobby on the inside..I asked for a different room and the young guy on the desk said it wasn't possible. When I mentioned that I would be not recommending the hotel for our work requirements someone else got involved and we got a new room fast, was ok..To be fair for the second of our stays (we had a 2 day gap in the middle) our room was on 4th floor and very nice. But the breakfast really could not get another chance..

Person on their own its great for location, dont pay for breakfast lots of places near by and dont stay in rooms 101, 201, 301, etc...no windows.

Mosquito issue in the room..not their fault but meant my sleep was crap :P

Room Tip: higher floor not near elevators...facing Hanul Manuc if possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and for the second review of our hotel!
First of all, I apologize for our lack of professionalism handling your requests. Satisfied guests are our key to success and in every situation we are trying to do our best to fulfill every request. It is true, that several rooms have windows to the lobby area - please do not hesitate to require different room if you don't like it.

We check quality and selection of products served at breakfast for our hotel guests regularly and we really appreciate your comments. I assure you, that necessary measures are taken to improve and to serve our guests only fresh and high quality products.

Thank you again for taking time to review our hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon and to rebuild our reputation!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Now don't get me wrong, the hotel is perfectly adequate, and the noise is not of their making, but the drivers in the street below. I am not sure we managed more than one hours sleep at a stretch on any of the nights we stayed there.

We met a lady in the lift on both her and our first night's, and she was disappointed that her room faced inside the atrium area of the hotel rather than having a view as we did over the river. If we had bumped into her again, we would have certainly given her the news that she had the better room.

Having said that, the location is superb. Right on the edge of the Old Town, but 1 minute from the Metro. This is without doubt its best feature.

The facilities were adequate, but not 4 star. The air conditioning unit actually made the room hotter, and the temperature never fell below 25 degrees, although the thermostat teased us with an undelivered offer as low as 18.0.

I cannot recall a kettle or the ability to make a hot drink.

Breakfast was fine, but nothing to write home about. And what do all those male waiting staff do at Breakfast, because we didn't see very much at all.

The Reception staff were great, perfect English and very helpful with tips for travel, restaurants etc.

Room Tip: Whilst the view over the river is great, being next to a major set of traffic lights, and a major ta...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank XOGM
Europa Royale B, General Manager at Europa Royale Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time to share your review with tripadvisor community.
I'm very sorry to hear that you had bad sleep in allocated room and that I wasn't aware of the situation. I believe, that communication between our guests and our team can solve many problems or at least we can try our best to make it better. It is true, that rooms facing the street, can be more noisy because of traffic and despite sound proofing windows. If you are light sleeper, please do not hesitate to inform us - we will try to change it whenever it's possible to the room, facing pedestrian street or to the interior rooms. And if it won't be possible due to high occupancy at hotel, we could offer at least earplugs. I understand how important is sleep and it's primary thing, which you expect at any hotel. For the air conditioning our technicians check them regularly, however if you think it does not work properly, do not hesitate to inform reception, as well as kettle, which we are available to our guests upon request. We are here for you, to solve any issues, requests or to provide all information you need.

I apologize for inconveniences and thank you for sharing it with us. Please consider our hotel for your next visit in Bucharest and please send email to dir.bucharest@europaroyale.com prior to your arrival, so I could personally make sure, that you will get quiet and well equipped room with properly working air conditioning.

I hope you will give us opportunity to improve your image about our hotel!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

On arrival I found myself upgraded from double room to a suite on the 5th floor ... and WOW! I have lived in smaller flats. Everything was sparklingly clean and provided all the comforts expected in a modern hotel KETTLE INCLUDED.
The 'living area' with its mirror, wardrobe, desk, sofa, TV and windows was spacious and well designed. The corridor to the 'sleeping area' was wide and provided more excellent views from another window. The bed was large and comfortable even, I would imagine, for two; another TV, lights and plugs aplenty and yet another window. The bathroom was huge; it was clean, well finished and had both bath and shower.
The windows provided wonderful views of three different aspects of Bucharest showing some of its historic, modern and religious attractions. Placed on the corner of Unity Square and the Old District meant easy access to the 'boutique' part of town and the grassy 'square'. Excellent transport links (by taxi, bus and tram) were virtually on the doorstep. Although in the heart of the city, the room was peaceful and quiet. The public areas were spacious, light, bright, cool and comfortable.
Staff were helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms are of similar quality but the suites must offer greater flexibility for c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for kind words, it's a big pleasure to receive such positive feedback!
We are looking forward for your next visit at our hotel!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Best location in Bucharest....

Near to the historical center and in the middle of a vivid nightlife!

A very good and clean room...

Very nice and friendly staff…. Like all Rumanians! Very easy to meet english and spanish speaker!

Breakfast is very good…

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ana Lidia L

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such wonderful review worldwide !
On behalf of all Europa Royale Bucharest team, we thank you for compliments and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I made the reservation a day ahead on Internet and was pleasantly surprised, when I entered the lobby. A very modern atrium type hotel constructed only a year ago next to the old part of town, where you find hundreds of wonderful bars and restaurants.

The room was very spacious (approx. 30 square meters) with all amenities you can think of. Superbly large bathroom laid out with black and white tiles. Everything was fine, beds comfy, international TV, private safe, minibar, airco, smoke detection etc. The only one thing that struck me was the fact that the small dustbin in the bathroom had not been emptied. An oversight by the housekeeper, but not the end of the world.

Breakfast buffet on the groundfloor was typically Romanian, but nothing really to write home about. As a vegetarian I missed grilled tomatoes for instance.

All in all I stayed 3 days and I must say that the staff was very attentive to my needs, in good command of English, thus very helpful. Even the chambermaids have fairly good notions of the English language.

The single room at 81 Euros per day was what I considered value for money.

Room Tip: Simply ask for a quite room ahead of time.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Friedrichwelke

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking time to share this wonderful review with tripadvisor community!
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Europa Royale Bucharest!

Looking forward to welcome you back in near future!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We arrived two adults and two children aged 9 and 7 at noon, it was hot outside. We were very nicely welcomed, got our key and up in the elevator to the top 5 th floor. A very nice room well equiped all new furnituered. The best of all is the plaza unirii which is in the center of all transportation.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and kind words!
It was our pleasure to welcome your family at Europa Royale Bucharest hotel.
We are very happy to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Looking forward to welcome you again in near future!