“Location, location, location”

Ranked #16 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
Florianopolis, SC
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I made the reservation a day ahead on Internet and was pleasantly surprised, when I entered the lobby. A very modern atrium type hotel constructed only a year ago next to the old part of town, where you find hundreds of wonderful bars and restaurants.

The room was very spacious (approx. 30 square meters) with all amenities you can think of. Superbly large bathroom laid out with black and white tiles. Everything was fine, beds comfy, international TV, private safe, minibar, airco, smoke detection etc. The only one thing that struck me was the fact that the small dustbin in the bathroom had not been emptied. An oversight by the housekeeper, but not the end of the world.

Breakfast buffet on the groundfloor was typically Romanian, but nothing really to write home about. As a vegetarian I missed grilled tomatoes for instance.

All in all I stayed 3 days and I must say that the staff was very attentive to my needs, in good command of English, thus very helpful. Even the chambermaids have fairly good notions of the English language.

The single room at 81 Euros per day was what I considered value for money.

Room Tip: Simply ask for a quite room ahead of time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Friedrichwelke
Europa Royale B, General Manager at Europa Royale Bucharest, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking time to share this wonderful review with tripadvisor community!
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Europa Royale Bucharest!

Looking forward to welcome you back in near future!

Audrius Abromavicius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ashkelon, Israel
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We arrived two adults and two children aged 9 and 7 at noon, it was hot outside. We were very nicely welcomed, got our key and up in the elevator to the top 5 th floor. A very nice room well equiped all new furnituered. The best of all is the plaza unirii which is in the center of all transportation.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and kind words!
It was our pleasure to welcome your family at Europa Royale Bucharest hotel.
We are very happy to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Looking forward to welcome you again in near future!

sweden
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed 1 night at the hotel (twin beds). The staff was very serviceminded, we arrived 2 hours later than expected (the flight was delayed), in the middle of the night, no problem.

Nice and clean room, great breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Jonnis,

thank you for your review!
I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Diekirch, Luxembourg
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The room, the breakfast and the Swiss restaurant were OK. Unfortunately the sun didn't appear on the terrace, so, it was impossible to take the breakfast outside.Hotel can be used only like a bed and breakfast, but for at least the triple of price. Price/quality relationship is meager.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is not showing to the Unirii Square: much trafic during day and night
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review!
I'm glad you liked it, but sorry to hear, that our hotel didn't meet your expectations as 4* hotel.
I can assure you, that it is rated four stars according EU standards and regulations.
Every year, tourism department checks all hotels to keep their standards or introduce new requirements for every category.
If you have any special comments or observations, how we could improve, please contact me via e-mail: dir.bucharest@europaroyale.com. Your comments would be highly appreciated!

Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in the Europa royale in Bucharest . The hotel is ok and very central in this beautiful city, however the management allow smoking throughout the hotel. At breakfast we encountered a man smoking a cigar at 8 am. This is unacceptable to most western tourists and until the hotels take a stand against smoking in dining areas. We complained and the restaurant manager said it was hotel policy to allow smoking at breakfast. We could not recommend the hotel whilst this policy exists.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gulliver0002013
Europa Royale B, General Manager at Europa Royale Bucharest, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking time to share your review.
I apologize for the discomfort during your stay. Let me assure you, that our hotel's policy does not allow smoking in any public areas except designated area at the bar; smoking rooms (we have 7 rooms in our hotel, which are allocated for guests with smoking preference) and smoking zone in the restaurant. All other areas are strictly non smoking.
Since September 2013, we do not allow to smoke during breakfast time anymore, except at the bar.
Thank you again for the review and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Europa Royale Bucharest hotel!

Best regards,
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Europa Royal represents an acceptable choice for accommodations in the old town of Bucharest. The location is perfect for visiting the major tourist sights of the city, Breakfast is average, coffee rather watered-down American coffee, so be forewarned.
Rooms are comfortable, with effective air conditioning and most amenities, although no in-room tea and coffee service.
My major complaint is that, again due to its location in an area replete with night clubs and bars, the hotel does seem to attract a dubious clientele. I was waken up one morning at 1am by fighting, shouting and banging on the walls right outside my room. A call to reception, and shortly the row subsided. Next morning, when I asked reception about the cause of the disturbance, I was told that it was a party of 5 Russians and 1 Georgian, all very, very drunk, who were fighting in the corridor! Not exactly the sort of situation in which I like to find myself.
Since I was due to check out early from the hotel, I had called reception the night before to request an early breakfast, which, according to the hotel directory I found in my room, is available. Reception transferred me to the restaurant, where I was advised that breakfast is served from 7am in the restaurant itself. When I mentioned that the service directory in the room said otherwise, I was informed that, yes, I could have breakfast brought to my room at 6am. Needless to say, the promised breakfast never materialized.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RichardRiyadh
Dear Mr. Richard,

I read your review with big concern. Thank you very much for sharing it with us - it helps us to improve our services.
Let me assure you that safety and tranquility of our guests are our priorities. We have security on duty, as well as two front desk members on night shift. Our security verify hotel's corridors several times per night, as well as video cameras are filming all corridors and public spaces in the hotel 24 hours per day. In case of any disturbance - our front desk together with security give warnings for disrespectful guests and if it doesn't help, they are asked to leave immediately. We do not tolerate any violence, disturbance or aggressive attitude. Such situations aren't common in our hotel and I'm very sorry, that it did happen during your stay.

As it is declared in our guest directory - we do provide early breakfast for take away upon request. Please accept my sincere apologies, that it wasn't delivered for you. We investigate this situation. Also please be informed, that tea/coffee facilities are provided to the room upon request at no extra costs.

I kindly ask you to send me an email to Deputy.Bucharest@EuropaRoyale.com on your next visit to Bucharest and I will be happy to offer you complimentary upgrade as our regret for your inconveniences.

Paris, France
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is not a 4 star hotel. Room very small and basic. The double bed was really small. Service quite disappointing, the day we left the young person at the reception was not even able to use the machine for the credit card. 3 stars rating will be more then enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fabrizio S
Dear Mr. Fabrizio,

Thank you for your review.
I apologize for inconveniences during check-out procedure. It is true, that we had technical problems with our POS and transactions couldn't be proceed for few hours. To avoid inconveniences, now we have more POS and such problems shouldn't occur anymore. I understand your disappointment and let me assure you, that our staff is young, but they have regular trainings and work hard to achieve high level of professionalism.
I'm really sorry to hear, that our rooms didn't meet your expectations. Please do not hesitate to request for king size beds or biggest rooms available - our front desk is always there for you and will try their best to solve any issues and fulfill your requests.

I hope you will give us a chance to rebuild our reputation on your next visit.