“Cool bar”
Review of SkyBar

SkyBar
Ranked #20 of 131 Nightlife in Bucharest
More attraction details
Owner description: SkyBar - Above the city! Is the first roof bar in Romania, based on a new concept that will impress you with the unique design and the special atmosphere. Located on the top floor of a building in Dorobanti and having a unique design, we intend to take the first place in customer preferences and become the main attraction of the city.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cool bar”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It’s a cool bar with a nice view, good food and some really nice drinks. A very good place to relax and kill some time.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MariusNT

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Beijing, Beijing, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exactly what I needed!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I travel often and find myself in all sorts of bars and restaurants. It is rare that you get excellent service as well as food. At SkyBar I received both. I was lucky enough to experience their live cooking show featuring Chinese cuisine. All of the drinks looked great to me, but I have to recommend the Sky Orgasm. This is a spot I would recommend to anyone staying in Bucharest, weather its a date or just a night out with friends.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Steven W
bucuresti
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“overrated”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

the evening started with the waitress looking very superior to us beacuse we had a casual out fit (jeans and a t shirt), we were not saying we have a lot of money. she offered us a table in the centre from where you have no view. when a table with view was available, she invited another couple who came after us to go there for the nice view (the lady was wearing a lot of gold jewels)

the waitress tried to be nice, but she was nicer to people whom she belived were rich.

the food was not as good as expected and haing told her the rucolla is old, she said she has no idea about that. when we asked details about the wines ( year of production) and how do they deposit them (a lot of restaurants and bars simply don't know how to preserve wine), she excused herself and dissapered.

my conclusion: a place over rated, food not so good compared to the prices and a lot of new money around. and the view is missing as there are many taller appartament buildings around it.

if you want a nice view, go to nearby sole restaurant (15th floor, excellent view, bad food and service) or to lounge restaurant at Piata Presei (18 th floor)

sky bar is only at the 5th floor near 8 floors buildings.

if you want to go for

7 Thank littlekimms
Anaheim, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good location, great food”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was told to check out the sky bar while I was in town for the view, but when I went, I thought the view was cool, but I really liked the food. The way they served it was very artistic and the place had a good vibe.

I like food that is light and fresh, and everything on the menu seemed to fit that category. Before I went there, I thought all Romanian's liked heavy food (my Romanian boyfriend seems to fry everything), but the seafood and salad at the Sky bar was good enough that I went twice for lunch (we were in town for business a week). It reminded me a lot of Thai food, but without the spices (but the same lightness and combinations of vegetables and meat).

I had the beef salad and asparagus with bacon. The brownie was really good too, though I personally didn't like the fruit that came with it - that is probably just my own taste preferences.

Visited March 2012
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Local Marvel”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

On our way to America we were in Bucharest for about 2 days. On recommendation of my friend I went to Skybar along with my wife. It was a cool nice place and I specially liked their retractable roof ( dont know what they call it locally). The place was neat and clean with friendly staff. I liked their Cuba Libre (a cocktail style drink). My wife likes non alcoholic drinks and she liked their Sky Passion drink which was non alcoholic. Their Garlic Shrim and Cashew Rice are two things I would recomment to my friends in India.

Visited March 2012