“A Local Marvel”
Review of SkyBar

SkyBar
Ranked #20 of 131 Nightlife in Bucharest
More attraction details
Owner description: SkyBar - Above the city! Is the first roof bar in Romania, based on a new concept that will impress you with the unique design and the special atmosphere. Located on the top floor of a building in Dorobanti and having a unique design, we intend to take the first place in customer preferences and become the main attraction of the city.
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Local Marvel”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

On our way to America we were in Bucharest for about 2 days. On recommendation of my friend I went to Skybar along with my wife. It was a cool nice place and I specially liked their retractable roof ( dont know what they call it locally). The place was neat and clean with friendly staff. I liked their Cuba Libre (a cocktail style drink). My wife likes non alcoholic drinks and she liked their Sky Passion drink which was non alcoholic. Their Garlic Shrim and Cashew Rice are two things I would recomment to my friends in India.

Visited March 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Come for the drinks, enjoy dinner, and stay for the sunset!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

There were so many wonderful elements about this place, it's hard to choose one. Upon entering we were immediately greeted by two hostesses who sat us in the area of our choice. There really wasn't a bad spot, or a spot without a view, since the whole place is enclosed by glass windows (which are retractable during warmer weather). The liquor bar area with an outside terrace was on the left and the lounging area to the right. I liked this because I am not a smoker, and the majority of smokers were on the opposite side of the Bar.

They had a great menu of original drinks, including smoothies of all flavors, made fresh. The pineapple/ banana was my favorite, I had to have 2. We ordered a few dishes to sample their dinner menu, a salad with carpaccio and beef noodles. The presentation was flawless, and the flavors were unexpected and very tasty.

The music was not overwhelming, conversations were happening all around us. The crowd type changed from early evening casual, to a late night cocktail sophistication. So, we were able to enjoy the drinks, food, and the change in scenery all in one visit. As the sun began setting, I was mesmerized by each new shade which surrounded us, creating the illusion of floating on a cloud. It truly felt like we were no longer in Bucharest, but more like in a dream.

The decor was very modern and light...white furniture with a few splashes of bold color. Even the floor had character, especially in the bathrooms!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Twinkie13
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not as impressive as I expected”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was there with a couple of friends last spring. We didn't have reservation, so we got a really bad table (we would like the sofas, but there were all occupied). The view is pretty nice, but not so spectacular. On the right side is nicer (there are some trees), because on the left side there are some old buildings that aren't restored. We didn't like the waitresses either. She was really rude. We only ordered some cocktails, so she didn't treat us as well as she treated others who ordered a lot more. All in all, the idea of a bar on the top a building is good, but SkyBar isn't as impressive as I expected.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Andreea T
Las Vegas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good times, good food, and a delicious Mint Expresso”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Recently while traveling through Europe with a group of friends we discovered Bucharest, Romania. The area is extremely historically rich, has an abundance of old world charm and a vast variety of site seeing musts.

Bucharest is also a bustling modern city with every type of cuisine imaginable, fine shopping and unforgettable nightlife. In Bucharest, we found the Sky Bar and it became a place we kept coming back to throughout our stay in Romania.

The Sky Bar was our favorite hot spot and was in a chic, open air, roof top garden environment. Since the bar is high above the city the view is amazing, and it had large enough seating areas for us and our friends to sit in but not feel crowded.

The drink menu was huge and had lots of great specialty drinks. They also serve amazing food; I am not talking about typical American bar food here. The Sky Bar menu reminded me more of a high end bistro. I was blown away by Sky Bars gourmet coffee and tea selection. In Romania they take coffee very seriously so getting a good cup of joe is not difficult in Romania but what the Sky Bar staff does to a cup of coffee is like magic. My favorite was a mint espresso that was like a dreamy liquid thin mint Girl Scout cookie. Yummy!

I definitely would recommend this place to a friend!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Kim T
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great food - delicious drinks - amazing coffee&desserts!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was blown away by the SkyBar in Bucharest. The food was chef quality, the drinks were amazing and all that was still beat out by the AMAZING desserts!

The roof of the bar retracts completely so the entire bar has a view of outdoors. If you are ever in Bucharest be sure to stop in for a great experience!

2 Thank Kyle T