“Fantastic urban cafe”

Cuisines: Healthy, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Van Gogh is situated directly in front of the Rembrandt hotel making it a very convenient stop for food and drinks should you happen to be staying there. We ended up eating here three times during our stay simply because the food was that good! I had the dirty burger and the quesadilla on my visits and both were quite good. We also had a pitcher of the vanilla mango smoothie which was fantastic. I'd recommend sitting outside to soak in the hustle and bustle of old town Bucharest. The service was just fine with no problems!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were staying next door at the Rembrandt Hotel on our one and only night in Bucharest and decided to have pre-dinner drinks here. We enjoyed it so much that pre-dinner drinks flowed onto dinner and more drinks! It was a great place to sit outside and people-watch and enjoy the wonderful balmy weather. The staff we encountered were impressed that we were from Australia and were interested to know our impressions of Bucharest and were genuinely proud of their city and restaurant. Their enthusiasm was as impressive as the mojitos!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is one of the best places to rest a little after a tour of the Historical Center of Bucharest.
A beautiful terrace, right in the shadow of the National Bank of Romania (so you can enjoy a cool afternoon even on a hot summer day), Grand Cafe Van Gogh is waiting its clients with lots of delicious surprises: all day breakfast, salads, snacks, long drinks, beer, wine, non-alchoolic cocktails.
Every time I was there, the waiters were prompt, the drinks - excellent and the toasties/ snacks -great!
You can visit them anytime and I am sure you will agree: Van Gogh is a great place to enjoy relaxing moments! The only problem is that don't accept reservations, but this is great for travellers - you can find a table (I was always lucky and found it immediately). If not, I can ask the waiter to tell me when to come back (they "feel" the clients better), there are many things to see around (Church St. Nicolae, CEC Palace, Stavropoleos Church...).

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great coffees and wafles with ice cream,the place smells like caramel and cotton candy ,has great desserts and very tasty frapes! A really nice place to spend the afternoon

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The café is almost next door to the French Bakery.
I would say they are similar in being excellent. We were staying in the Rembrandt Hotel, next to the café. The hotel is truly superb and they gave us discount card for the café.
Nice range of lighter dishes for around lunchtime.