“NOT HONEST HOTEL SALES!!!!”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I book this hotel direct by web site and hotel reservation manager guaranty best price!
Sales manager Paul Grebesitz charge me 148 EURO for two night. At same day price on booking-com was 108 EURO. I contact Paul, but he refuse to change price!
Very not fair! Beware!!!!

Hotel good, but very not good staff!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank 884,888
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

I am sorry that your experience with Christina, even though very limited, was not the way you wanted it to be. Even so, I have to point out a few things: you booked the hotel via booking.com, not by a direct booking as you stated in the review. Furthermore, I think it is a little bit unfair that you rated stuff like Sleep Quality and Cleanliness, even though you didn't show up to honor your booking. I think that practices like this are misleading the TripAdvisor community. I hope that maybe next time we can both have a better experience and understanding.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel must be one of the best in Bucharest. Excellent staff, great choice and personal service at breakfast, modern decor, superb cleanliness throughout the hotel, complimentary wine and cheese tasting, in fact, everything was wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sue544

Thank you very much for shearing your impressions and recommendations with the TripAdvisor community, your feedback is very important for us! Have a wonderful 2014!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We satyed two nights there in Christina. We did not know what to expect but with the tripadvisor reviews and score chances are that you will not go wrong. We liked very much the design and cleanness of the hotel, presented a very modern and classy ambient. The crew were very helpful and willing to please. It was a nice surprise, we will come back.

Room Tip: Choose a high room and use the benefits of the health club, for 10 eur you will enjoy a whole aftern...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tripleheaven

Thank you very much for your review and tip, you feedback is very important for us! I am glad to know we didn't let you down and everything was to your liking! We're looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

There is really nothing to criticise, this is a terrific hotel. The rooms are modern, comfortable and well appointed, the staff extremely friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet had the widest range of food I think I have seen. It is a little out of the centre but that means it is quiet and you can be in Piata Romana in under 5 minutes on foot. I ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was good quality and generous quantities. All this and the price was very good value. I met the owner in the bar one evening, he was charming (as were his staff) and we had a very interesting discussion about Bucharest and wider Romania; he and his hotel are a great advertisement for the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Skyraider
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure to meet you and have the conversation, I am always happy to share a little bit of what I know about things that might be interesting for my guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Christina and also the restaurant!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

What an amazing hotel, kept forgetting that we were not at home. The breakfast was fantastic, better than any 5 star hotel: hot options, big selection of meats, cheese & fruits + champagne! On arrival we had a complimentary cheese and local wine testing. We like our wines and always do testing when abroad. We were pleasantly surprised as wine was better then the one we've tested recently in Chile & Argentina. The staff was very helpful, can not praise them more. If you are going to Bucharest this is the hotel you should stay in. Thanks again to all the staff! We'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elena A

It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and I am really happy to know that we could make your stay in Bucharest a better one! It is true that Romania has some very good wines (and also some very bad ones to be honest, like most of the places), too bad that they are not very well known abroad. The one you tasted on your arrival was a Feteasca Neagra (which can be approximately translated in: girl's black wine). You cannot find it anywhere else in the world and it also has quite an interesting history. It was derived from wild grapes some 2 000 years ago by our ancestors, the Dacians, from wild grapes and used in religious rituals (like drinking it before battles gave the Dacians the belief that they would gain immortality if they died - crazy world, still a good wine though). Whenever you are in town, remember you have a warm welcome at Christina! Thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I chose this hotel after reading the reviews on TA. It was everything that I hoped and more. Firstly the location is very convenient , 3 min.walk from Piata Romana and one of the principal boulevards of Bucharest's center (if you walk on Str. Caderea Bastiliei). The street is very calm though centrally located. The hotel is beautifully decorated in a minimalist style, modern, extremely clean, good beds, the deluxe room (41) where I stayed had everything one can expect from a good hotel, fine toiletries in the bathroom, bathrobe, immaculate bed-linen, good modern lightning, big screen TV and an excellent Wi Fi connection. Non smoking but you can smoke on the little balcony or in a restaurant section specially for smokers. The food in the restaurant is well cooked, romanian dishes. The staff under the excellent, discrete and benevolent eye of Dana, the top manager , is very professional, low key, amiable and prompt. Everyone of them correctly and soberly dressed. Downstairs there is the breakfast room. The breakfast is of excellent quality, I can't think of anything that I wanted to eat and it wasn't offered. Sweet and savoury , several freshly squeezed juices, fruit, eggs anyway you want, cheeses, cold cuts and warm dishes for all tastes. I have been really impressed by the attention to detail in this little boutique hotel and if I ever come to Bucharest again I will stay here for sure. The hotel rates are extremely good for the accommodation and service provided. I have lived in Sweden for many years and since 10 years I live in France. I travel quite a lot and I think that comparatively - this hotel can defend itself any place in the world and it is something special in Bucharest.....if you are not fond of a big chain grand hotel like there are some in Bucharest. At a different price though. It is simply a matter of personal choice.
I met the owner, Mr. Calin Munteanu , and I got the feeling that the hotel is a closely monitored business where one prefers to receive guests rather than clients. In Romanian there is a clear nuance distinction between the two words.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Angela G
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Sarut-mana for your review! It was a great pleasure to meet you and we will always be here for you! You are right about the big chain hotels, those that seek them, are looking for something else, even though everybody is welcomed at Christina, of course. As you know, hospitality is one thing and hospitality industry is another. Thank you again for writing the wonderful review and I hope we will meet again one day!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I think that it is always risky returning to a hotel that you enjoyed so much in the past. Will it be as wonderful a second time as you remember it from your previous experience? Well, guess what, IT WAS!

If you are visiting Bucharest for the first time or the tenth time, it is definitely THE PLACE TO STAY. The rooms are impeccable with every convenience and luxury thought of and provided, and, above all, the service, and the desire to make your stay as perfect as possible, met in every conceivable way.

More power to you all at the Christina, and see you again in the coming months!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are delightful with every possible amenity.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review Louise! It was a pleasure to meet you and have you here with your friends, you are all wonderful people! I am very happy we didn't disappoint you and I am looking forward to your next visit in Bucharest, I am waiting you with my arms open!