1,296 results
All reviewswine and cheesemassage chairadjustable bedselectric curtainson arrivalold townpiata romanashower headquiet streetremote controlnespresso machinesmall hotelbreakfast was amazingboutique hotelside streetwelcome drinkmodern design
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We would recommend the lovely Hotel Christina to anyone who stays in Bucharest. We stayed at 3 different hotels during our stay and this was by far the best. We were only sorry that we had only booked for 1 night. The location is good and the rooms very attractive and immaculately clean. Having tea and coffee making facilities was a nice surprise as were the bottles of water, it saved us having to go out and find our own. Just little things, but they meant a lot. The breakfast was amazing,and again the best we had during our stay in Bucharest. So we would like to say a big Thankyou, to everyone for making our stay so good. When we are next in Bucharest, we will stay here again, for longer, without hesitation!!

Room Tip: They all looked lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mandy_vos
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

I would also like to give you a big thank you for your review and recommendations! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, I am happy you enjoyed the facilities in your room, as you said, this small things add up and make the difference in your experience as a total. I am looking forward to your next visit when we will be waiting you with the same warmth!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Amazing stay, awesome customer service, great set up, from the owner to the cleaner- everyone was there to ensure we have the most comfortable stay... the rooms are okay and so is the location but the willingness of the staff will more than compensate for that... highly recommended... Definitely staying there again...

• Stayed: October 2013
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and feedback on TripAdvisor, it is very important for us! I am happy to know we could make your stay in Bucharest as pleasant as possible and for sure we will do our best again next time you visit us, so we are looking forward to this!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I chose this hotel based on a recommendation and for it's location close to another hotel where I was attending a conference.

The hotel offers an airport transfer service which was well organised and a good price. The driver was waiting to greet me at the airport and the journey took about 25 minutes. It is located down a side street off the main road but is close to various shops, banks and restaurants.

Reception staff were very friendly, spoke a good level of English and were happy to provide me with additional information and a map to the conference hotel. The hotel décor is modern and brightly coloured with minimal fixtures & fittings.

From the small reception area, rooms are accessed by a small lift (maximum 2 people with suitcases). Each floor has 4 rooms, the lift only goes to floor 5 so for floor 6 you have take the last flight of stairs.

Room 62 was an attic style room with a side window and 2 roof windows with blinds. Electricity is provided using the key card. It was a good size and had all the facilities required: tea / coffee equipment, free water, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, air-con unit and use of dressing gown / slippers during the stay. Again, the décor was modern and minimalistic in keeping with the rest of the hotel. A small, light desk was available to work on.

The bathroom was small but functional. Complimentary Yves Rocher toiletries were provided. The corner shower cubicle was a reasonable size and the shower itself was novel in that the head changed colour when the water was turned on. All areas of the room were very clean and maintained to a high standard.

Breakfast is served from 6.30am downstairs from Reception. A good choice of hot and cold continental breakfast was available. The staff were very efficient and helpful with menu choices.

Dinner is served in the small restaurant area adjacent to the main reception. The menu was limited but catered for most palettes. Food was cooked to order, presented very well, very good quality and prices were reasonable.

This hotel may not be the biggest but you are made to feel very welcome. It has the feel of a family run hotel even though it isn't. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Romania.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Purrdee

Thank you very much for your review and for your photos on TripAdvisor! I am glad to know you enjoyed your experience with us! As you noticed, the people involved in the Christina Team are very close to each other and we always try to do our best in every matter, maybe this is why it works this way. It will be a pleasure to have you as our guest again in the future and we're looking forward to your next visit in Bucharest!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I picked this hotel and picked the deluxe room after I searched on tripadvisor and booking.com. Both rate this hotel as the best in town but I just can not agree.
Pros: Airport pick up service is impeccable. Beds in room provide flexibility. Even curtains are smart and just a touch is enough to close and/or open them. Breakfast is awesome, closed to discussion.
Cons: Too much smart room creates uncomfortness for those who look for a nice resting experience. No sound isolation and colorful, dull room does not let you to fall asleep easily. Shower is not smart at all, it is misbuilt, everywhere is wet after shower. Very small room even though it is deluxe, not enough space in the closet. Bad location, it is in the middle of a narrow street. Regular narrow street view from Windows. Hard access to rooms; first access to small reception area with stairs. Then take another stairs to elevator, then take another stairs to access your deluxe room. I cancelled my 5 nights of stay after 1st night. Spent the 2nd night there and moved to another hotel in town. Was I happy? Not at all, that one ended up to have lots of cons, see my other review. Eventually, I was not lucky in Romania with trusting the reviews, I wished I picked Hilton regardless of its lower rate, it was the same price.

Room Tip: Never pick deluxe room, it is even harder to access these rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ersinyx

First of all, thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor, the feedback we gather from all of our guests is very important for us. I am sorry that your experience with us was not the way you expected it to be, although we specify exactly what you get when you book with us in all of our descriptions and we don't use any fancy angle or edited pictures. I also regret that you missed many other pros from your stay, but I am happy for thous that you picked up. Regarding the access to the deluxe room, you are somewhat right, but I wouldn't call hard access a couple of steps. Anyway, if it is a problem with luggage, you can always get help with them at the reception, the people there are more than happy to help in this matter or any other one. With all this said, I think that some of the regular clients of big chain hotels, won't feel good as guests in boutique hotels, which I don't think it is a bad thing, because it is just so different it is understandable. I didn't use the words clients/guests by chance. Even so, I hope that your stay in Bucharest was a successful one overall!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The overall experience was pleasant. Food was great, the rooms and toilets were extremely clean. The only problem was with the beds, somehow they weren't very comfortable. The wifi was free but we were in room 22 and it didn't have the best signals. Rest was all very nice.

Room Tip: Room 22 doesn't have good signals or may be we have older phones!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor and for choosing Christina for your stay! I am glad you enjoyed it! Regarding the wi-fi signal, if you encounter this problem again in the future on your next stay, don't hesitate to ask for a solution at the reception. We have more modems for back-up and we could try to use another one, maybe it will work better. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest!