“One word - Amazing”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 170 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Everything about this hotel is great. From the warm welcome, with the Cheese and wine platter, which was excellent to the modern immaculately clean rooms. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, including my own bed at home! If there is one small criticism it would be that I would have liked more than one coffee pod in my room however this is just personal preference and the reception were more than happy to provide more.

I ate in the hotel, and it was good value for money. I am sure that it is not the cheapest place to eat, but at 15 euros for 3 courses and a shot of the local firewater you can't complain. The food and service was excellent. Breakfast in the hotel was the best I had in Romania. Don't go expecting a good old English Fry up, but the chef will happily do you a fresh omelette or eggs. There is a wide range of cereals and muesli and the freshly squeezed juices are delicious.

What really makes this place though is the owner and his staff. They all go out of their way to make you feel at home, and speak excellent English. They arranged a ticket to the opera for me, which I missed, but that's another story! Overall deserves every one of it's 5 star reviews. I would 100% recommend this as the ONLY place to stay in Bucharest (PS I stayed in 3 different hotels)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
15  Thank kharg
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Even though your trip started on the wrong foot in the morning, I’m glad that in the end we could make your stay a pleasant weekend at Christina. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you will come back with your friends, maybe you can give the opera another try! Thank you very much for your review and recommendations!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

actually I was really pleasantly surprised by the hotel. and especially by the friendliness of the staff and a room. yes its small, and not so posh as Radison SAS in Bucharest, but I felt really welcomed and cared about. I liked the design too - modern, bright, cheerful. and the breakfast just excellent.
I did not know before ariving, but at the reception I was told - the hotel cooperates with a gym, so next time I come will take my sport wear too!
So I give my 5 points and I hope that my review would help someone else to make the choise:)

Room Tip: I had a room on the 5th floor and the view over the roofs was nice:)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
16  Thank Natalja R

Thank you very much for your review! That’s right; the gym is really great, one of the best in town, situated at the 14th floor with a super view, hamam bath and everything! This way, we try to provide our guests with the best services and it is another way to show our hospitality. Don’t forget your sport wear!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you're looking for a place that clean, with friendly staff, good breakfast and fast WIFI...this has got to be the place!

I enjoyed my stay here...and liked the little touches and friendly staff.

However I found it a little too sparse for my taste.

However, for a short trip to Bucharest, I was certainly happy with my choice!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wanderlust_6282
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

For sure tastes may differ, but if in the end you had an enjoyable stay, this is what really matters. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, thank you very much for your comment!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I spent over 3 weeks in this hotel, and I felt just like it was home. All staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. They are patient and really try hard for you to enjoy your stay! I have never had such great service, so MULTUMESC!!! THANK YOU!

Room Tip: The gym is just around the corner. It is on the 14th floor, has an incredible panoramic view with a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
19  Thank Daviddoctor

It was great and a pleasure to meet you on your extended stay in Bucharest. I trust the Romanian language has now a lot less mysteries for you now. Thank you very much for your comment and good luck in your work! Cu placere!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just plain facts.
1. Ultra fast check in with wine and cheese free welcoming snack.
2. Helpful staff, lady from reception gave huge amount of useful advice regarding interesting places to visit in Bucharest.
3. Exceptional restaurant. Good seafood and wine selection. No wonder it's so highly rated.
4. Rooms are sterile and comfortable.
5. WiFi internet is fast and free, i'm writing this review using it.
6. Sudden personal acquaintance with hotel owner who genuinely enjoys his business was very exciting. Single malt scotch whiskey from his personal storage was a great addition :-)
Just like traintravelLondon stated
"We would go back to Bucharest simply on the basis of this hotel - the national tourist office should take the staff on as advisors."
Nothing to add, since it's absolutely true. Don't lose this hidden gem. Stay here. No need to search elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
18  Thank EarthHomebody
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Nice to hear from you! It was a pleasure to meet you and have a drink together. This is one of the best things in doing this business. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future! Thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed in this hotel before flying back to the UK after cycling the Danube from the source to the Black Sea. The website, good though it is, doesn't do it justice. We had a room with a big terrace and laid into the cheese and (very good) wine provided free on arrival in the sun. Great shower room, interesting beds (all the gizmos of hospital beds with none of the pain of being hospitalised), really interesting food in the restaurant, fabulous breakfast. We would go back to Bucharest simply on the basis of this hotel - the national tourist office should take the staff on as advisors. One had the feeling that these were people who genuinely loved their work and their place.

Room Tip: we spoke to other travellers and everyone liked their room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank traintravelLondon

That sounds like a really great trip and I am glad you could end it with your stay at Hotel Christina. Thank you very much for your recommendations and review on TripAdvisor, because guests like you, our vision of accommodation gets to travel around the world.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a GREAT hotel. It's clean, modern, and the bathrooms are really nice. The beds are very comfortable as well. I had dinner at the restaurant and it was great. When you arrive they give you a complimentary cheese plate with two glasses of wine. I loved my stay. The only issue, and this wasn't in the hotel's control, was the barking dogs throughout the night. It's in a lovely residential neighborhood within walking distance to neat things.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
12  Thank Ari F
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

I am happy to know we could make your stay in Bucharest a pleasant one and that you enjoyed the Christina experience. Thank you very much for your recommendations and review in TripAdvisor!