“Great choice - great price - no brainer.”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
Dublin, Ireland
“Great choice - great price - no brainer.”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I can't rate the hotel or staff high enough. Freezing in Bucharest at the moment - but the warmth of people and rooms made up for that. Had to leave v early - and they handed me a packed breakfast on way out door at 06:15.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank jbroaders
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
One of the best things with a small boutique hotel is that we can take care of our guest’s needs much better and in a personalized way, an early breakfast is one of those things. Thank you very much for your review and we will be waiting you with the same warmth next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Oxfordshire
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels in Bucharest over the past 20 years, and this is the best I have found in the middle price range. I had a very clean, quiet, comfortable room, with a good bed, comfortable pillows, a bathrobe, and a heater that you can turn off, which is not always the case in Romanian hotels, which tend to be overheated. The food is also very good and imaginatively presented. The hotel location is very convenient, a few minutes walk from the metro, close to shops and restaurants and less than half an hour by taxi from the airport. Altogether a very enjoyable experience and I will certainly stay here again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lizzles1
Thank you very much for your review and feedback! It is nice that after a big experience with hotels in Bucharest, you found something that suits your taste, somewhere you feel good and this is important for me. For sure we will be happy to have you as our guest again next time!
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Hotel Christina is SUPERB! I was born in Bucharest but I live in Toronto since 2000 and this is my first trip to Bucharest since I left. I am actually in a business trip and my company offered me to stay either @ Hilton or Radisson, but I did my own research on Tripadvisor and I decided to stay @ Hotel Christina. Do not laugh but I am terrified of earthquakes and this was one of the main reasons why I choose the hotel - because it has been built in 2009 and is in a central area (usually the downtown has very old buildings, full of charm and history but I would not feel safe - this is just a personal opinion). Since I arrived, I was very impressed by the friendly staff (they packed me the breakfast every morning, since I was always in a rush, very prompt and accommodating all my needs), the modern look of the entire hotel - rooms are extra clean, very stylish with features like - Nespresso machine, small fridge, bathrobes and slippers, heated towel rack, good cosmetics; the breakfast is WOW - crepes (you need to try those), brie cheese, oatmeal, fresh orange juice, etc. I cannot comment on the Wine & Cheese plate as I have not received one yet (I am still their guest, and when I arrived they told me that I can have that whenever I want and I will definitely want to try the cheese, as I am a cheese lover. On my first night I was invited to the monthly party organized by the owner for the hotel guests - this is a nice touch, as he served cabbage rolls and polenta & tuica, and you can meet the other visitors, so especially if you are here on vacation, it is a good thing because you can share impressions and ask for suggestions. Just to wrap this review, honestly, do not hesitate to stay here if you are looking for a boutique hotel with a superb ambiance and amazing staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
First of all, thank you for choosing Hotel Christina for your trip, I am glad to know you enjoyed yourself. It was a pleasure for me that you could make it to the party and that you felt good, because this and as you said, meeting other people from all over the world plus having some drinks and delicious food is the whole idea. Regarding the breakfast, they do say that it is the most important meal of the day, so we’re trying to make it count. I hope you took pleasure in your stay right until the end. Thank you very much for your review; hope to see you again next time you visit! Toate cele bune si multa caldura din Romania!
athens
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed at Christina Hotel in Bucharest just for the weekend. It was a pleasant experience from the very beginning. I arrived late and was quite tired and had skipped lunch. The woman at the reception desk told me that I was offerred free of charge 1 glass of wine and 1 plate with romanian cheeses. Ups: The room was quite spacious, clean and well equipped (e.g. even tooth-brush and tooth-paste was available). The heating system was on, electric curtains and adjustable beds worked just fine and there was a large panel TV with dozens of local & cable channels. The breakfast was great, internet was free and the hotel service excellent. Downs: Quite a few switches and remote controls in the room means that one needs at least half an hour in order to understand how everything works. The design of the hotel is quite minimalistic and the furniture is also 'basic', therefore if you're looking for anything else than a modern and functional hotel room, such as stylish sofas, fine ornaments, heavy furniture, traditional romanian style etc., this is not the case.
Overall: I would highly recommend it for a short stay (up to 1 week), especially for business and solo travel in Bucharest.

Room Tip: Rooms are very modern and use a 'minimal' design; If you're after classic-style rooms, t...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank antepaster
As you said, like most of the technologies out there, it takes a little time to get used to it, that’s why we tried to keep it as simple as possible without sacrificing the functionality of the gadgets, which do improve our lives significantly - anyone can admit - when we get the hang of them. Regarding the parking space, it is true that in front the hotel the space is limited, fitting only a few cars, but at the back of the hotel, 30 meters away, there is a private locked parking space on which our guests have full access (so don’t hesitate to ask for the keys at the reception if next time you are using a car). Thank you very much for your review and recommendations, I am pleased to know your stay was as you expected it to be and I hope we can have you as our guest again in the future!
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Usually, I do not do reviews of hotels where I accommodate for business. But this hotel is worth.
The hotel is located downtown on a quiet street. It is very friendly. The rooms are clean and perfectly equipped. Position of the bed can be changed, with remote control. The breakfast is rich and tasty with fresh orange juice even. It is the best price / quality I had before. Goes far beyond other hotels from popular hotel chains. I went several times to this hotel and I experienced even a la carte dinner which was excellent. I will stay at the hotel of course :).

Room Tip: rooms have different colours..
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Emanuvio
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
I am happy to know you regarded Hotel Christina like a special experience and not just another business accommodation, it means we reached our goal. We will be waiting for you with the same warmth and enthusiasm next time, thank you very much for your review!
Key Biscayne, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2012

From the first email on, Hotel Christina was fabulous. Our room was charming and very contemporary. The service was exemplary. From a pre-arranged airport pickup, through a days drive to Transilvania and back, everything was terrific.

Room Tip: You can see the room you select online. No fancy camera angles either. You can choose your color...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dsgusa
Thank you for your review! I am glad to know we helped making your stay in Romania one to remember. They say a picture is worth one thousand words, but even better, we recently have on our site a virtual tour you can access so you can have even a better idea about the place, it is a nice and useful tool. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest!
Breda
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, with some interesting features I never saw before even in 5 star hotels. The focus is on modern design and if you can appreciate gadgets like electrical curtains and beds, a Nespresso machine in your room, good cosmetics in the bathroom, LED lights in your table and shower, this is just the place for you. The breakfast is very good indeed; it may not be as elaborate like you see in some expensive places, but the taste is very good and the coffee, omelets, fresh juice, the yoghurt are top quality. Also the varying and tasty snacks are delicious. As you see in the reviews the owner is never tired of talking with the guests. This hotel makes up for the less than perfect location and exterior look by all the qualities that are mentioned here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yfranken
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Even if they say TripAdvisor is “The world's most trusted travel advice” and they have “reviews you can trust”, sometimes you can still have doubts; in this cases, just like you said: try us out and give us a chance! Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay!