“Excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Staff couldn't have been friendlier.
Fantastic service and free welcome drink and cheese plate.
Marvellous service from arrival to departure.
Breakfats are fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Thank you very much for your review, I am glad to know your stay as our guest was the way you wanted it! I think breakfasts is the right term because every morning is a little bit different than the one before: sometimes something different or extra at the desert, sometimes something new in the hot plates, not to mention you have to stay for a month to try all the different assortments of tea or coffee!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed October 23, 2011

One of the best hotels in Europe ( I have traveled as a tourist to many cities in Europe ) that I have ever stayed in. The room was very clean, and has a coffee maker to make your own tea or coffee. The hotel staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful with questions. On my arrival , I found out my luggage never arrived from Amsterdam to Bucharest. The nite clerk ( I regretfully forgot his name ), called TAROM airlines for me at almost 3 am to straighten out that mess , and the front staff was courteous enough to take my luggage to my room when it finally arrived at around 2 pm ( I was touring the city that day ). On my last night at the hotel, I was not feeling that well and the kitchen staff was so nice and understanding, they made chicken soup and tea for me. I had half board as part of my hotel package, and the breakfast and dinner are very delicious ! Thanks again !

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

You know what they say: if there is a will, there is a way! I am happy we could help you resolve your problem and that in the end everything turned out all right. That chicken soup is really great, not only good when you have a cold, but very delicious because it is made out of stress free chicken, fed only with real(!!) food, you can taste and feel the difference, good choice! Thank you very much for your feedback!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Had a wonderful time in Romania, the hotel staff helped make that possible. The food is great, location is great, the rooms are spotless. You really get your money's worth. We got a complimentary glass of wine and cheese plate upon arrival. The front desk were so helpful in making us reservations to see the parliment and information on how to get to places in the area. The half board menu offer was delicious, we had 2 dinners there. The breakfast buffet is a wonderful assortment. The heated towel rack and adjusting mattress just felt like royality.

Room Tip: My room was great I am guessing they all are.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

It is god to know Hotel Christina had a contribution in making your time spent in Romania as pleasant and good as possible! Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you again the next time you visit our country!

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Wonderfull breakfast! Very nice staff! I loved this place!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for being our guest!

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here on the recommendations from so many Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. The staff were brilliant and very friendly, the room was nice, the electric beds were an interesting addition and the food was good too. Although it's not quite bang in the centre of Bucharest (though very close) it was great for us because we came by train and it's between the train station and the centre.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

I am glad to know we stood up to your expectations and that you found everything to your liking. Thank you very much for your feedback!

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Recepetion = prompt, fast, friendly
Room = Large, airly, bright, quiet, excellent bathroom with good toothbrush and toothpaste
Windows = large with good curtains.
Bed = comfortable and adjustable
Breakfast = fresh and tasty - made for you, coffee prepared professional, yoghurt creamy, delicious
Location = on a quiet road near to the center and metro, no problem with taxis,
A really good small hotel where they look after you well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

That was a very nice, good, quick, and straight to the point description of the hotel, thank you very much for posting it! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and be sure that next time you will be received with the same warmth!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Situated a 20 minute walk North of the Old Town and much of the sites of Bucharest, Hotel Christina provides modern amenities and a usually helpful staff. The rooms are styled in what feels like an almost too-modern flair, with white tile floors and florescent lighting built into the purple furniture. That being said the beds were more than comfortable, the bathroom extremely clean with modern fixtures, and the Nespresso machine ended up being used more often than we expected.

Took away a half star each for the location, the surly attitude from a small minority of the staff, and the tourists singing Tina Turner songs in the lobby at 1am on a Monday night. Given the tile floors everywhere in the hotel, these off key warblings reverberated up to our room on the 2nd floor (3rd floor for all the fellow Yanks). Added back a half star for the complementary Romanian wine and cheese plate that is complementary with every stay, and was our best meal in Romania.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

The modern design is part of the Hotel Christina concept and of course, like everything regarding design, it is a matter of taste and it is normal that some will enjoy it more than others, this is why we try to let everyone know what should they expect, using detailed descriptions and pictures on TripAdvisor and our site. Carpets could have been a solution for the floors (although, regarding the warblings, I don’t think the carpets can make a difference), but by using tile we can keep the floor much cleaner, ensuring not only a clean environment, but a germ free one. Regarding the small part of the staff you were talking about, I would appreciate it very much if you could send me a message on TripAdvisor with more details about this so I can investigate the issue further on. Thank you very much for pointing out the positive but also the negative aspects because the feedback from our guests is very important for us!