All reviews train station glass door ibis hotel sleeping area clean rooms flat screen tv short stay free wifi few minutes walk comfy bed reception desk buffet breakfast visit bucharest pleasant stay gara shower romania
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Positive: The bad was comfortable, 24h reception, drinks available 24h from the reception. Good & enough parking space! Very close to the metro station nearby.
Negative: Bathroom can be a little bit bigger, but this is a budget hotel. Room is a little bit small and not so much places to organize your things.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Close to the metro and railway station, or you can take a very pleasant 40 min walk into the historic centre. This budget hotel has modern rooms small but perfectly formed. Hot shower, comfortable bed and WIi fi Our room on the 7th floor was quiet with a view towards the Parliament Building. Good choice for buffet breakfast. Everyone on reception was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this budget hotel, we'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 7th floor at the side
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
hellohotel b, Director of Sales at Hello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Clarice,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are really glad that you had a pleasant experience during your staying in our hotel.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

I travel all around the world and this is the first time i was asked to pay my reservation while checking in. As my host was not there i told them that i will give my CC as a guarantee until he will pay in the next day. They refused to take my card and demanded he will pay in few hours. As my host couldn't arrive in few hours, someone knocked on my room door while i was sleeping and said that if my host will not pay in 1 hour I will need to leave the hotel. I called my host that arrived urgently and paid. Never in my 57 YO I was treated as a criminal in a hotel. I will never ever stay at any HELLO HOTEL!!!!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
hellohotel b, General Manager at Hello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear Sir Ron A,

We are very sorry for your discomfort about the Hello Hotel's payment policy.

The reservation made by another person could only be guaranteed with the Credit Card of that person, so the receptionist did not take into account your CC.

However, the receptionist was very flexible with you and allowed your accommodation without prepayment at check-in, violating a rule for which she could've been held responsible. In addition, you went on the second day of your stay without paying.

After our research, you were contacted by phone the next day at 4 PM and only after you did not answer the phone, somebody came to check if someone is in the room or not because you were supposed to pay for the second day of your stay.

We understand your point of view, but that's the policy of any hotel.

Mihaela Staicu

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Hello Hotel belongs to the Continental chain which has in Romania some 8 hotels which are 4 star rated ; this one however is 2 star rated but I think that it doesn’t reflect the real standard of this hotel ; it is situated very near to the main railroad station of Bucharest - the Gara de Nord - and is practically linked to the Ibis Hotel with which it forms a 90 degree angle ; the two buildings are linked together and have the same parking ; it was a somewhat new experience for me as I was pleasantly surprised by the design of the room ; it is an original minimalist,modern style ; the bed is in the middle of the room ; at the upper side of the bed there is a kind of wooden frame which has on one side the space for clothes and on the other side there is a desk with a chair and electrical sockets ; on the top of this frame there are spots providing light for the desk and for the bed ; it is simple,ingenious and functional ; at the entrance on the left side there is the toilet with a glass door,the sink is in the room and after the sink on the left side too,there is the shower with a glass door too; the flat screen tv is on the wall ; there is an inbuilt heating and cooling system which was not needed although it was July 22nd and usually hot in Bucharest ; the room had no fridge ; WiFi was excellent ! breakfast is in a lounge which can be reached by exiting the hotel lobby and passing a side entrance ; the breakfast lounge is also modern and functional ; breakfast is included (no extra charge) ,is of 3 stars definitely and very satisfactory like in all Continental hotels,with good coffee,corn flakes,pastry,cakes,scrambled eggs,fried eggs,sausages both fried and boiled,ham,salami,salads,tomatoes and cucumbers and some Romanian specialities like zacusca and oriental potatoe salad and cheese naturally,butter and jam; the lobby is interesting to ; the reception is like a triangle and on one side there is the reception desk and on the other side there is a kind of bar with an espresso machine and the receptionists are serving cold beer and othe drinks and coffee 24 hours throughout the day,which is a very good idea ! on the left side of the lobby there is a cake shop and bar with very good and appetizing cakes and there can be served drinks ,alcoholic and non alcoholic and coffee ; it was a pleasant stay,an interesting experience and a nice surprise too ! I would definitely return to this hotel !

Stayed: July 2018
hellohotel b, Director of Sales at Hello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Ulysses,

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Best price. Near Ibis and train station. Clean, decent, good breakfast. Very usefull staff. Nice furniture. Great bed. Wi fi and Tv in the room. Can pay by credit card. You get 10% price reduction if you book direct by phone.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
hellohotel b, Director of Sales at Hello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Radu,