“weird room arrangment”
Review of Hello Hotel

Hello Hotel
Ranked #46 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stay here for one night as I have an early train the next morning. It served the purpose as it is very close by to the train station (just 5 mins walk).
However, the room itself is really not so comforatble. The TV's cable connection is really bad as it was raining outside that day, most of the chennals are out of service and only the local TV in Romanian are available to view. Also, the room is really dim, the only light availlabe are on the desk which located behind the bed, there is no real room light. The bed is place right in front of the window, facing back of the room door.
None the less, if you are only looking for a budget hotel which is convinient with easy access to subway and train station, then, this is a good bet, otherwise, I will suggest to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lingyuel
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Hello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I am glad that the price and location of our hotel overcome the discomfort you had with the room arrangement. Our hotel has a modern design which might not be comfortable for everyone, especially if they have not seen before the pictures of the hotel on the internet. I am sorry for the TV cable connection, there was a discrepancy with the signal because of the rain that day.

I do hope that you would come again in Hello Hotels, at least for a delicious coffee in our Tekaffe.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Nice enough service with a clean room. The location is also great due to its proximity to the train station and the inner city. Only complaints are there was no mini fridge to keep things cold and the shower was a little small.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tyler H

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your appreciations. I do hope that you would come back in Hello Hotels and next time when you come, I recommend you to book a comfort room, where you also have a mini frige.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hi! We've stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in period from 27.09.13 to 29.09.13
This hotel has only advantages, but nevetheless there is one disadvantage:)
Advantages:low price (52 euro for 2 nights for a double room), wi-fi in rooms, modern interior, nice staff, new and clean rooms, air-conditioner, good location (3-min walk from Gara de Nord, 1 min to a metro station Gara de Nord)
Disadvantage is that toilet and shower are not separated by the door from the main room. Shower and toilet was separated from our bad only by frosted glass, which didn't even close a toilet, so it seemed like you were in a public toilet. The water from the shower was usually on the floor. We think that it was pretty strange not to do a separate room for a toilet and shower:)
But nevetheless we do advice this hotel for those who stay in Bucharest for several days.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for your advices. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again here.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night during a transfer in Bucharest. The reason I chose this hotel was due to its locality with Gara De Nord railway station.
Only 5 mins walk from the railway station, room was clean and air con was a blessing
Only downside was breakfast, very poor, no choices, and they. Actually used a room from the hotel next door to serve you breakfast.
Overall good enough if staying for 1 or 2 nights

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Hello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you found our hotel to be comfortable. The breakfast is served in the same building, only the entrance is different, indeed. Please give us more info about what you would have liked to serve, in order to consider for improvement.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I traveled in august 2013 with my wife. One night only.
I paid 24 Euros for a standard double room (room 514) without breakfast. I think this is the best price for area Gara de Nord Train Station.
On-line booking, friendly staff.
Hotel area, from Gara de Nord Train Station to the Hotel: safe area (I arrived at the hotel at 22:00). Close to airport bus (express line 780).
Room view was behind the hotel: this means quiet room. (5th floor).
Five towels for 2 persons.
Clean bed linen and pillow. Comfortable bed. Clean room. Modern interior, practical. Cooling system: yes, working.
The bathroom inside the room was not an surprise (I checked the accommodation on several sites).
BUT: The room had an odor of disinfectant, like a hospital room.
hinged WC seat: must be changed. (broke in the corners).
bathroom door could be a problem! (the bathroom door is not closed to ceiling room). You may change this situation.
But above all: it is a fair price, the room was above 2* and next time I'll stay here again.

1  Thank aurelian m

Dear Sir,

Thank you for appreciating Hello Hotels and for your intention to come back to us. Thank you also for giving us such complete details (so we could have fixed fix the toilet seat). The bathroom doors would be considered for our new Hello Hotels projects. I look forward to welcoming you again in Hello Hotels.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed there for about 4 nights with my boss one other manager. Firstly we had to have 2 rooms but then we been told on reception that we will have a triple room with 3 separated beds. The room was small, shower and toilet was right in the bed/living room and separated beds was just one bed with gap between matresses. Terrible experience which i would'nt reccomend at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

I am sorry you had a terrible experience in Hello Hotels. For business travelers we always recommend single or, maximum, double room if the clients are colleagues. For your next visits, please ask your company to book according to our recommendation and I can guarantee that you will have a very good experience in Hello Hotels.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for only one night, but it was too much. First of all, the staff is very unfriendly and there was a terrible smell on the hallway. But I wasn't shocked until I saw the room. The shower and sink are right next to the bed!!!!!!!!!The actual bathroom had only the toilet seat and it wasn't separated from the room through a door, so it was impossible to use it relaxed. The smell went right into the room. The bed was quite comfortable and the pillow, too.
All in all, I am staying away from this hotel. The price was really high for the services: 150 ron/night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Hello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Oana,

I am sorry that you did not find comfort in our hotel. On the website of our hotel there is a virtual tour where everyone can see how the rooms are in Hello Hotels. Indeed the modern design of the hotel could cause discomfort to some of our clients if they are not familiar with this 2 stars concept.

Sincerely yours,