“I'd like to come back here!”
Review of Hotel Tripoli

Hotel Tripoli
Ranked #82 of 121 Bucharest B&B and Inns
Cesena, Italy
“I'd like to come back here!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Staff was helpful and friendly from the first day until departure. Good breakfast, available salty and sweet. Area not so nice, but still a good structure and if the room may seem small, it is actually very comfortable and cozy anyway. Ludicrously low price, I would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Townsend, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I chose Hotel Tripoli because they had the least expensive rooms .. but it turns out they also have the best service!

After spending 3 wonderful nights in Sinaia, Romania .. I returned to Bucuresti with no place to stay and no money! Lol! I was unable to use my debit card and had only limited Romanian Lei with me. So I booked the cheapest possible room I could find .. their economy single which was about $25 (USD) per night. The room was barely larger than a single twin bed, with a bathroom and mini bar with a few items. But it was what I needed. When I arrived, I explained about my situation with the banks and said I would likely want to extend my stay when they were able to wire the money. They were very accommodating and allowed me to pay daily until it was resolved. When I finally received my money .. I extended for the remainder of my stay, only the room I was occupying was not available so they upgraded me to a standard double room (which costs almost twice as much per night) for the same price as the economy single! There was a complimentary breakfast every morning. The location was great .. just a short walk or tram ride to Piata Unirii .. there was a tram stop within about 5 minutes walking time from the hotel.

All in all, it was an average hotel but what made it wonderful for me was the staff. One night, I had been out late and missed the last tram. I had to walk and it was late, snowing heavily and I got lost .. wondered into the hotel at 2am. The girl at the front desk asked what happened as I was covered in snow. I said how I had just walked from Soseaua Pantelimon .. I asked if there was anything to eat and, she went downstairs and made me a sandwich. On my last day, I wanted to mail a letter but couldn't find the post office. The same girl was just leaving work and she actually walked me over there and showed me where it was. This was above and beyond and I sooo appreciated it and never forgot. being in the hotel business myself, I recognize great service and wish for the life of me, I could remember her name to give her credit here. Not just her but all the staff were great. When I return to Romania, I will definitely be returning to Hotel Tripoli!

Va mulțumesc mult, noii mei prieteni!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Animsoc
Stuttgart
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Room 1 is acceptable for the price (20 EUR), in the basement without real window (look onto a wall). Huge mildew stains on the small bathroom ceiling, but no smell. Probably room 1 is big enough that the air condition can keep the humidity at an acceptable level. The mobile air condition is noisy but it seemed to be good. Room 3 is small and smelled (mildew) at the time of visiting and the ventilation in the bathroom did not work. Staff said it does on firm button press. However, I doubt that it would be enough to vent it properly. In the corridor, there was another door with the word 'exit' on it and it was blocked, but I guess that's no surprise. Breakfast is okay (no buffet, egg, cheese, sausage, yoghurt, white bread, butter, cucumber, paprika, tea/coffee, lemonade). Room service on request. Wireless LAN worked most of the time, sometimes slow. Staff was friendly and helpful and asked if everything was okay. Conclusion: If you get a room with no smell, it's a good deal for budget travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marcus L
Malahide, Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for four nights on a business trip in the end of June 2010. I have nothing to complain. The hotel was on a quiet side street in District 3, only a walking distance from the city centre. Neighbourhood could've been a bit better, but since the service I was offered was great, it didn't matter.
I had booked a single room for 29 euros/night. On arrival I was offered a huge room with double bed only 7 euros plus, so I took it. Room was clean and nice. Internet was available, but occasionally cutting the line, especially in the room.
By staying in the hotel I could get a discount from the Lebanese restaurant by the same name only a few hundred meters away.
Throughout the stay the service was friendly and excellent. When I had to have a taxi to the airport arriving in my last morning at 4am, the lady at the reception had arranged my breakfast ready before that. Breakfast was every morning done by what I would want to have in it.
With this price and level of friendly service, I would be very happy to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MarkusMalahide
Cracow
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Well, it was really pleasant place with clean and nice room, discrete and a very good service, good enough breakfast. Excellent value for money, I was really surprised. I do not need to seek another hotel visiting Bucharest next time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business