All reviews private room privacy constantine dorm apartment
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

It has been a relief after a month of traveling through Europe to arrive in Constantine's care. After a long day of travel he showed me to my room and offered to bring me a cup of tea to my room. I happily accepted.
After a quiet night's sleep he prepared a wonderful breakfast of cheese omelette with sides of fresh tomato, cucumber and two slices of bread.
While it's not your typical hostel, it's more of a guest house located in an apartment building, it's a wonderful look into life here in Bucharest.
Constantine is friendly, warm, and a pleasure to talk to. I very much enjoyed his company while he prepared breakfast and appreciate his generous hospitality. Even letting me stay a few hours after checkout while I wait for my friends!
My many thanks to a wonderful host!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for several days in early August. As the title suggests you are pretty much staying in a dudes apartment (Constantine also shares this place with I assume his mother..) converted into a "backpacker hostel".

Luckily When we were there it was pretty quiet because despite being small it could sleep up to potentially 6 (+2 owners/occupiers) to share 1 bathroom. There's a kitchen but it's not really a place suitable for self catering.

It's located in the suburbs in a large apartment complex area (apartment is on 9th floor) so it's a bit of a mission to get to and find when you first arrive. Several metro station stops from main train station and city plus a decent 10/15min walk.. Therefore when you head into the town centre you are pretty much committing your entire day there. It is however a very safe neighbourhood had no concerns walking around at night and has everything you could need in terms of supermarkets pharmacies etc

I do need to point out that the owner is lovely, helpful, charming in a way and multiple notes in the "hostel" attest to it. Ultimately however, even with the pricing, I'm pretty sure you can find better elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2016

Constantin is a super helpful and friendly host. he even allowed me to still use the space until late afternoon although I had basically already checked out. The breakfast was really nice as well! Great value, would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed August 6, 2015

I stayed with Constantin for two nights, and had the dorm to myself, which was a lucky break. It was quite warm, but there was a fan which made sleeping much easier. The hostel is in an apartment, and it is outside of the center, but the directions provided and the metro made it very easy to access. The price was good and they provide a lovely warm breakfast, and are very flexible with times for the breakfast. Constantin is also very happy to give advice and directions, and to have a chat, but also gives you your privacy when that is desired. A great place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed July 8, 2015

I am pleased to recommend Hostel Tina for any traveller to Bucharest. It is situated perfectly in a quiet and save apartment building. You have your own room with free wi-fi. Each morning you'll get a very tasty omelette and good conversation from your host, Constantin. The nearby park is clean and has a very relaxing atmosphere.

Room tip: The single room with the queen size bed is the better option.
Date of stay: June 2015