2,452 results
All reviews business lounge outdoor jacuzzi great hotel old town business class health club river cruise five star hotel lobby bar business trip great facilities standard room modern hotel rooms are spacious bars and restaurants central location the heart of the city
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was in this Hotel just once, but I was very surprised. It is perfect hotel with all you would need. The SPA and wellness part is so big and also the fitness center is perfect. I very much recommend this hotel. It takes little bit longer to the city center, but it is manageble by walking.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times in the last 2 years. The rooms are just fine, the WiFi super fast, and the decor OK. Service is patchy - really good in the smoking bar in the corner, sometimes surly and dubious charging in the main bar (looks like an ice block). It's a 10 minute walk from Lipscani, with its myriad bars and mainly indifferent restaurants. Eating in the Radisson is good, but for Bucharest, expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DanielaDumitrescu, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.

We would like to confirm that we have carefully read your comment which is a valuable resource and support for us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and grateful for choosing our hotel 3 times during your visits in Bucharest. In what concerns the prices in the restaurant within the hotel, please allow me to add that they are similar to the ones in other 5 star hotels or premium restaurants in Bucharest and in the same time they are directly proportional and influenced by the quality service that we promise and strive to offer our guests each time. Nevertheless, if you did not test this restaurant yet, I recommend you our Sharkia restaurant, an East – Mediterranean restaurant where you can find a variety of delights, suitable for all budgets and preferences – my colleagues in Sharkia will be more than pleased to support you with recommendations.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Radisson must be one of the best hotels in Bucharest. Have stayed elsewhere and I can be relative sure about it. It is a solid establishment, out there with the better Radissons of this world. Good size business room, good bed, nice ambiance in the common areas. No major flows and reliable services including wifi, room sevice, tv channels, workink desk etc.
Rather expensive though and nothing special. Main points of concern is the pool which is too busy as part of a gym that is not residents only, as well a good looking but poorly serviced club lounge (no snacks, very poor breakfast).

Professionally run but with hick-ups. Example; I was booked 1 day before arrival and my agent was only offered junior suite upwards, whereas upon arrival found good availability on business rooms which is what I needed. I downgraded despite the small decrease in price mainly as a matter of principle. This however cause a mild confusion at check out with the charges. All fine in the end without much hassle, but I consider it a case where the hotel is trying only as much as it think it needs.

Overall I recommend if you don't mind the high cost.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience within our hotel with the Trip Advisor community.

We took notice of your comment and we would therefore like to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations.

I have already communicated my colleagues from the Food and Beverages department your feedback regarding the breakfast service in the Business Class lounge but not least we would very much appreciate if you could offer us more details regarding your expectations regarding the expected breakfast menu. In what concerns the snacks, I would like to mention that we do offer small snacks and soft drinks in the Business Class Lounge but I will investigate this matter together with my colleagues in order to make sure no exception has happened and for all our guests to be very well informed regarding the available services.

In what involves the wellness center, following our guests notifications we are now doing our best to find reliable solutions in order for our guests to fully enjoy these relaxing facilities in a comfortable mood.

On behalf of our entire team here, at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest, we would like to thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very good hotel, good services, but the price is too high.The rooms were adequate as with business hotel chains, the lobby clean and restaurant good food. Serices are also good, parking service is available.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have lived and worked in Bucharest. I have stayed at most of the major hotels (Radisson, Marriott, Carol Parc, etc.) in the city. The Rad is always my first choice and for me is the best hotel in Bucharest. Not only do I stay here but when friends and family visit, I book them here. Even if the hotel exceeds their budget, I usually chip in the extra money from my own pocket because I know that the hotel will take care of them.

While each hotel has its own advantages and disadvantages and every traveller has a slightly different idea of luxury, I choose the Rad based on comfort and service. The rooms, particularly the bathrooms are the most up-to-date and luxurious in Bucharest. Beds are comfortable (with full King beds in some rooms) and based on European standards rooms are large and bright. I usually ask to stay over the pool area to avoid traffic noise but even then only very loud car horns or sirens can be heard through the windows and I have never heard noise from any of my neighbors. Some reviewers have characterized the rooms as "soulless" I am not sure that is fair, while the rooms are to a western standard I find the design funky, enjoyable, and functional.

I have eaten in Prime and Cafe Citta and had excellent meals there well above average of normal hotel food. However, the food and excellent service comes at a high cost well above that of most Romanian restaurants this is the same at the Marriott and other western hotels.

Beyond the rooms, the excellent food, and the best equipped fitness center in Bucharest at the adjoining World Class Health, what makes the hotel truly luxurious is the service. I have been fortunate enough to say in a lot of great hotels but I rarely have received better service anywhere. Early on during my stay, as I was learning the city, the hotel sent bellman, a security guard, and even a service manager with me to go the bank, change money, etc., just to make sure there were no problems.

More recently, a taxi in Bucharest cheated me. He charged me 30 Lei ($9) for what should have been a 10 Lei ($3) fare from the hotel to Piata Romana and back. When I arrived at the hotel, I gave the receipt to the head bellman, Mihai and he consulted with a young concierge, Vlad. They apologized profusely, and within 10 minutes they had called the company and the driver returned with my money. The next day, three separate staff members apologized and asked if the matter had been resolved. This kind of service anywhere, much less in Bucharest, is wonderful. If you ever have concerns about a taxi make sure to get a receipt and have the taxi drop you off in the hotel semi-circle no where else so that CCTV can get their information. Some pirate taxis will try to drop you 100 meters from the hotel to avoid the cameras. Staff were always friendly and helpful, particularly at reception and concierge. I also had the best most attentive housekeeping service of anywhere I have ever stayed.

Some previous reviews have mentioned the presence of "vice" in the hotel particularly escorts, etc. This is present in every major nightclub and hotel in Bucharest (and some minor ones as well) and many places in Central and Eastern Europe. I take this seriously because I don't want to be around that sort of behavior and I certainly don't want my friends and family around it. Having stayed in most of the major hotels, I can say that from my observations, the Rad has the least of these sorts of problems and I have personally observed security and other hotel staff ejecting such patrons from the hotel. While not perfect, I think the Rad does a better job than similar luxury hotels.

The only problem I had during my stay were disturbances on Calea Victoriei, particularly on weekend nights. Pirate taxis (those not affiliated with the hotel and thus likely to overcharge) stand opposite the hotel and try to confuse patrons into taking them, a small number of escorts walk between the Hilton Hotel on the next corner and the Rad, beggars and casino patrons walk through the hotel semi-circle. The hotel needs to do a better job of policing this single area and working with city authorities to do something about this. They particularly need more security staff and bellman after 11 pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to better control the semi-circle in front of the hotel.

Despite this criticism, I want to be clear that none of these problems made it inside the hotel and the hotel does position staff to make sure such problems don't make it inside.

The Rad is my choice in Bucharest and I would freely recommend it to colleagues, friends, and family. Bucharest is a challenging city, but at the Rad you are going to have as comfortable a stay as possible.

Room Tip: Some business class rooms have small balconies overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank twainandwhitman

First of all we would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We were very happy to read about your positive experience and most of all proud that we reached our objectives, the one of meeting your expectations.

In what concerns the pirate taxi companies in front of the hotel and the not so respectable persons that might be present in the hotel’s neighborhood, we want to guarantee you once again that we are completely against these practices and, as unfortunately these are public spaces in which our security team can not take action, we are all the time notifying the police representatives regarding their presence and in the same time recommending our guests each time to ask for our Concierge team’s support when taxi services are needed.

Not least, I am happy to hear that my colleagues could offer you every time reliable support and that you really enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of our entire team here, at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest, we would like to thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again every time your travels bring you back in Bucharest!