“This is the best location and has the greatest outdoor space.”

Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest
Ranked #10 of 168 Hotels in Bucharest
Hugo, Minnesota
“This is the best location and has the greatest outdoor space.”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a very modern, clean, upscale hotel with a great location and the best pool of all of the hotels in Bucharest. The pool is actually outdoors while the other hotels have pools indoors. I would definitely stay at any Radisson Blu hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Romania
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Hotel is very well located, easy to reach anywhere. The food is very good and the service in the restaurant is tasty. Rooms are clean but not fully equiped- it was needed to ask for the second set of towels ( double room-it was suppose to be equiped for 2 persons). Fortunatelly the employees at the reception are friendly and ready to help.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

A beautiful hotel, I arrived at 5.30 am and they gave me a room straight away and allowed me to have the breakfast buffet. The concierge were great in helping me deal with a taxi driver who TRIED to rip me off and backed me and not their local con artists which I really appreciated

The rooms were massive great bath shower and toiletries. Amazing pool and gym - with classes available day and night- state of the art gym where external members join

Breakfast was great though the food was the same everyday- this was fine as they had a lot of variety. central location close to old town shops, restaurants and bars

Sunday brunch is busy - held near the outdoor pool area and live entertainment

Great stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Freising, Deutschland
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had a room streetside in the 6th level. It had a king size bed and the room was well equipped with a big flatscreen TV, WLAN, (pretty quiet) climate control and a nice bathroom with a bath-tub with a big rain-showerhead in the mid of the tub. Although it was half-covered by a glasspane, there was no chance to take a shower without wetting the complete bathroom floor. The mirror seemed to have a heated area which was not fogged after the shower.
There are blue lights all over the hotel which makes it look cool and modern. There is also cool but not intrusive music everywhere.
The lobby is not only looking cool (the big bar counter was illuminated with blue lights), but even the temperature is pretty cooled down. In the backyard there is a swimming pool which is connected to an inside pool. There is also a terrace area with deck-chairs where you can order drinks and snacks. There is another area with a grill restaurant which uses 2 outside smokers to grill fish and meat.
The breakfast offers a huge range of different things which I have never seen in a hotel. It costs about 30 €, though which is not included in the room price which was about 160€.
To sum this up, this is the best hotel I ever had in Bucharest Not cheap, but on a high level and very cool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank abraeg
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Booked a Business Class Room - very reasonable and the extra money was well worth it. You have access to the Business Class Lounge, free hot/cold food in the evening, champagne, beer, wine and tea/coffee soft drinks - with a lovely view. Swimming pool and jacuzzi are fantastic - the jacuzzi is amazing - it's massive. Rooms are lovely - newly refurbished, fantastic showers - fantasic beds. The bar, lobby, gym - all great - couldn't fault the hotel and I stay in a lot. If you want a modern hotel with everything that brings - this is it. If you want a 'classic hotel' then the Hilton or Marriott (not in the centre of town) are your alternatives.

Room Tip: Book a Business Class Room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcus B
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We reserved two interconected rooms pool side, because we knew the rooms street side are verry noisy, we had the confirmation and finaly they were not able to fulfill the exact reservation. In the end the wi-fi that was supposed to be free was not recognising us as hotel guests. It was supposed to be a good hotel, but they dissapointed us this time.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Emil2202
DanielaDumitrescu, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your review.

First of all we would like to apologize for the unpleasant situation. After reading your comment I have discussed with my colleagues and I think there was a misunderstanding because even though we do have interconnected rooms with a view to the outdoor pool, at the moment when your reservation was submitted no such type of room was available.

Together with my colleagues from reservations, we would like once again to kindly ask you to receive our apologizes and we promise to be more careful with the complete range of information sent together with the confirmation of your reservation.

We strongly hope we will have the chance to make it up to you during your next stays!

Best Regards,

Daniela Dumitrescu

Marketing Manager
Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest
daniela.dumitrescu@radissonblu.com
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My stay here didn't exactly get off on the right foot. The day before I was to arrive, I called the hotel to arrange an airport transfer, but they had no record of my reservation (I'd booked a week before on Expedia). The concierge assured me over the phone that there were still plenty of rooms available and arranged my airport transfer for me, but recommended that I call Expedia to find out what had happened to my reservation.

Expedia called the hotel on my behalf, and even though they were able to provide a reservation number generated *by the hotel* (not just an Expedia itinerary number), the Radisson Blu *still* couldn't find my reservation. It wasn't until I was physically standing at the checkin desk with my Expedia reservation in hand that the hotel booked a new reservation for me (and, to their credit, they honored my original rate, which I appreciated).

I had booked a Business Class Room, but since I arrived at the hotel at 10:30am, I didn't expect a room to be available until early afternoon. However, I was happy to hear that a room would be available within an hour; I was given a key card and invited to bide my time (and nab a late breakfast) in the 8th-floor club, which has a breathtaking view of Bucharest. In 30 minutes or so I was told that my room was ready, so off I went to #492.

Business Class rooms are larger than the standard rooms, and include access to the club, as well as some extra in-room niceties like a Nespresso machine and a separate tub and shower. #492 is one of the largest rooms available (nearly suite-sized), and was very modern and clean. The room was totally quiet due to the courtyard view, and the bathroom was surprisingly large. No complaints so far.

But then some problems arose. The free wireless internet (touted all over the property) proved to be incredibly unreliable....sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Most of the time I'd just open my mail program, go do something else for a while, then check back ten minutes later to see if anything had loaded. I overheard some other guests complaining about it as well, and even heard the hotel's porter tell one guest to try and grab wifi from the hotel across the street instead, since the Radisson's was, in his own words, "not so good."

I also had trouble keeping the room cool. I turned the air conditioning's fan all the way up and the temperature all the way down, but the room was actually *warmer* a couple of hours later....it only blew room-temperature air, and continued to do so even after the hotel sent a technician to examine it further. I eventually gave up and slept with the window open, even during some late-spring thunderstorms.

Another issue concerns the shower (and this may be limited to Business Class room....I haven't seen the standard ones). The bathroom is quite large, but the shower itself is located in a dark corner with no lights nearby....you literally have to shower in the dark. And making things more difficult is the fact that the only shower head is a rain-style unit in the ceiling with subpar water pressure; your daily shower is basically a walk in the rain. In the dark.

Outside of the room itself, though, the property is impressive. The LED atrium lighting at night is just plain cool, and the ice bar downstairs serves great drinks. We ate twice at Le Bistro, the hotel's Belgian restaurant, which was excellent. The hotel's location is also very good....Old Town is a ten-minute walk away, and the Art Museum (formerly a royal palace) is right next door. And right across the street is the English Bar at the Hilton, which was a notorious hangout for spies during the Cold War....although now it's just a great place to relax in a moody, stuffed-chair-filled room.

So all in all, a mixed bag. Not being able to sleep in a cool room or have reliable internet was pretty annoying, but I enjoyed pretty much everything else about the hotel. Your mileage may vary.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the inner courtyard are very quiet, but rooms facing the street have more interestin...
Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review and for sharing this experience on tripadvisor.com.

We took notice of your comments and we would like to apologize for not reaching your expectations this time. I have checked together with my colleagues the incident regarding the reservation and it seems that in the respective day there was a connection error between our system and Expedia, error that has been adjusted the following days. We were not the only hotel reporting this problem. We once again apologize for the unpleasant situation.

Concerning the type of bathroom, we do have more than one style precisely to cover the various preferences of our guests and therefore for your next visits just mentioned this to my colleagues and they will be more than pleased to offer you a room with a bathroom type corresponding to your request.

Each of our clients is very important for us and therefore I hope you will offer us the chance to prove you that this was just an unpleasant mix of incidents, through our excellent quality services during your next visits.

Not least, we are pleased that there were also things that you enjoyed, like the hotel design, the food quality or the downtown position of our hotel.

Best Regards,