Open today: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from I Travel in Romania tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience I Travel in Romania
from $160.00
from $119.00
from $695.00
from $86.00
More Info
All reviews private tour day tour bran castle luxury car steam train transfagarasan road danube delta salt mines great trip painted monasteries interesting trip his knowledge professional guide beautiful country wonderful guide rural life answered all our questions
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2016

I just got back from a 3-day visit to Romania. For my short stay there, I decided to take a private tour to efficiently visit some rural areas from Bucharest. My driver and guide Mihai was very friendly and accommodating. He communicated with me prior to the tour by email and phone. He is also a very careful driver and thoughtful enough to slow down or stop the car when I wanted to take pictures along the way. The tour included visit to a salt mine, winery and muddy volcanoes. It was certainly a very unique experience and Mihai's knowledgeable guiding and pleasant company made the whole trip super special. In addition to those specific places, I was really happy to see the rural life and beautiful nature of Romania. It would have been impossible for me to experience all these things in one day without being on this attraction-packed private tour!

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed October 12, 2016

The special place in the mountains near Bran Castle and the lunch at this local lady were worth all the trip. Mihai is a friendly guide with a very good knowledge of Romania, safe driver as well. We highly recommend him for private trips in Romania"

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed October 11, 2016

I count myself lucky to have got Mihai as a guide on my recent trip to Romania. He created an itinerary that took in experiences I would never have considered. On top of the list was an authentic stay at a traditional Romanian village (including arranging for dinner in the kitchen of a local villager). That blew me away!! I cannot forget his spontaneity when he suggested a detour to Sibiu which I had casually mentioned in a conversation. Sibiu was not on the itinerary but Mihai took it upon himself to bless me with that addition. If not for Mihai, I don't think I would have had such a memorable trip to Romania.

Reviewed October 1, 2016

We recently returned from a trip focusing on UNESCO sites in Romania, especially the wooden churches in Maramures, and the painted monasteries of Bucovina. We were so lucky to have Mihai as our guide/driver; he proved to be unfailingly pleasant, prompt, thoughtful and accommodating. He went beyond our expectations by suggesting further explorations into possibilities we might enjoy, such as visiting working craftsmen involved in keeping alive some of the details of sites we visited. We were lucky to visit a woodworker, a weaver, a potter, and an egg painter, and even had an excursion with a farm family to observe the ancient process of making a haystack! He also suggested several very interesting overnight accommodations, in heritage houses fitted with authentic details to really make the past come alive. We had a most interesting trip, made so much richer because of Mihai's input.

Reviewed September 29, 2016

I doubt very much you will find a better guide/driver than Mihai. He was everything we were looking for for this, our first trip to Romania: informed, enthusiastic, prompt, flexible, pleasant, spoke English clearly, trustworthy--you name it. The sites we visited were an interesting blend of must-dos for the first-timer, and many fascinating off-the-beaten-path sites that, without a guide, we would never have discovered on our own. I don't usually write reviews, but Mihai deserves the best for going out of his way to make this trip most memorable.